This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All,
    Many thanks for those who replied and liked my moan about the online flowers con, if that was not bad enough I ordered off EBay quite a rarish book from the USA. ( TSR2 With Hindsight by A.F.C. Hunter & Royal Air Force Historical Society ). This book has been retailing between £45 - £100 and just like ( The Murder Of TSR2 by Stephen Hastings ) both come on the mkt now and then, both hold their price when they do, only a few copies are available at any one time hence the high used price.

Anyway I bought this book quite cheaply and even with postage I was quid's in, It's despatched from the US only to get to my door were the courier shoves it through the letter box with a nearly three foot drop and bang there goes the corner the book absolutely ruined by the courier.

I mean either because no instant answer or he elected not to wait the 20 seconds (I timed it afterwards) from hearing him wrap on the door, into the hall then answer the door by this time like I said he was at his van, this attitude of not waiting a little while before shoving it through and buggering off to his van.

I have to give the seller credit though after I sent him pictures of the damage he commented that the courier "really did a number on it" and I got an instant refund of the book price I paid him. He advised to lodge an official complaint to get my postage costs all because some pillock couldn't wait or use his common and redeliver or take it back to his depot like what usually happens.

Pi£$%d off was not what came to mind when I examined the contents.

So all in all a dire start to the week yesterday, but on a brighter note had some good news about a friend's wife who had a scar tissue biopsy examined, it was not healing as it should have been having had chemo. Given the time since in recovery the thought was her treatment had failed but the fantastic news was it is negative so now she can fully concentrate on her full recovery.....

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 31-05-2023, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Boo!

Just popping in to say hi as I notice we have internet.

Its June!!!!!

Enjoy your day peeps.
      Last edited by Nicos; 01-06-2023, 07:07 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Waving at Nicos

Grory hop at some point today oddly looking at my list it doesn't look that long this week.

enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

A bit more rain in the night. Enough to collect briefly in puddles! Will go off and do a bit of gardening this morning and then work this afternoon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All
            Just waiting for my Grory hop delivery with no barking Frank today, my GG is going to see Coldplay so Frank has to be boarded elsewhere for an overnight stay.
            Cloudy again here with what looks like rain on the way.
            Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morni g all.
              It's a dull start to the day but its gradually brightening up.
              Some errands to do this morni g.
              Gardening and hope to get the last of my bedding plants out
              June already and the year is flying past.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 1batfastard;n2563314
                I mean either because no instant answer or he elected not to wait the 20 seconds ([B
                I timed it afterwards[/B]) from hearing him wrap on the door, into the hall then answer the door by this time like I said he was at his van, this attitude of not waiting a little while before shoving it through and xxxxxxxx off to his van.Geoff.
                I completely agree with you about the lack of patience with delivery drivers, both my wife and I have mobilety problems and at times I think they are trying to break the door down when we are not there instantly, but I believe that the delivery drivers have to make a certain delivery quota, hence the lack of patience, so the problem lies with the company but the driver will pay for the loss, which also accounts for them speeding, the companies are looking for the maximum output in the minimum time and cost, what you might call greed.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening just a quick hello as I am running out of power, the laptop not me😁, the usual Thursday coffee morning then OH wanted her carpet washed, evedently her carpet as all I get is" who dropped this on my carpet or who walked over my carpet with dirt on their shoes " two of us in the house, so why the mystery, anyway I washed the carpet spent some time in the garden and now going to read more of C. Dowding book so I wish you all a goodnight and pleasant dreams 🙂🙂🙂
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning.

It's cold here again. A chilly 9°C at the moment and forecast to dip to an even chillier 6°C tonight.

The breadmaker is chugging away and the washer is on it's spin cycle and still Mr GF sleeps on! 😴

Comment

• Morning

GF we've not had a overnight temp that low for a while its usually around 9-10c in my GH, hope your plants pick up ok.

A bit of potting on but that's it for gardening today I think plenty of other things to do instead.

Enjoy your day
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright and blue. Solar panels hard at work, but I am not. Better get a move on. Loads to do today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday
                          Warm and sunny here.
                          Routine bloods this morning and another outing with a GG this afternoon.
                          I've made a cream filled Victoria sandwich cake for family tomorrow.
                          Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            A dull start to the day but the cloud is beginning to break up.
                            A trip to town this morning.
                            We are away on holidays in just over a week so I have a list of bits to pick up.
                            Hopefully I will get a bit of gardening done in the afternoon.
                            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all from sunny Yorkshire…we had drizzle here yesterday but today looks like we’ll be able to spend time gardening.
                              And of course a trip to the park.

Tis exciting preparing for your holiblobs isn’t it bramble?…Once everything is bought, packed and the house and garden sorted…. Hope you have a great time wherever you go x

Enjoy your day peeps…
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hi All,
                                Good day to you all Sunny and Bright here in Warwickshire, rary - I cannot imagine what people such as yourself feel having made it to the door after a knock only to find no one there, frustrating is a word that comes to mind but all deliveries should be made by law to leave a Del Attempted Card, not much use if you get a letter,e-mail or a phone call telling you there was an attempt but no answer.....

As for the seller of the book that was damaged it looks like he may have tried to pull a fast one by refunding my money for the price of the book only immediately, this in turn prevented me from starting a claim for postage costs ? ? After 1hr+ on the phone to a couple of EBay reps they enabled this to go forward and the seller now has 3-Days to refund the postage cost inc if he wants the book returned to the US as he then has to claim himself against the courier.

Netflix Recommendation:- Godless I have been watching this series and although for the main part women centric characters it is very good IMPO. If you like westerns this should be right up your alley the only thing that lets it down in my opinion is the fake flames they actually ruin what would otherwise be good TV or Movies.....

Well I'll be out in the garden after this little jaunt it is actually starting to look like a garden again, just needs more tenderness and feeding of the soil...

Geoff.
                                Last edited by 1batfastard; 02-06-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X