Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical, get an invite over and exwhat happens, the decision is made to go away for a few days, though I would recommend coming over to the west of Scotland in weather like this, unsurpassed anywhere in the world for natural beauty, plus of course you can get the pleasure of rubbing my back😁😁
    Have been working in the garden and decided to strain some comfrey I have had steeping for the past three weeks, I have stirred it every day, so we'll forme Ted, got some over my hands while working with it and now hands are black even after scrubbing them with a brush, just hope they clean up quickly or it will be nothing but maons about it
    OH has been telling me to sit and relax so now going to sit in the sun and read a book by Charles Dowding on vegetables, will be interesting to see if he does things the same way as me, which of course is 5he correct way🙄😅😅
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      ^^^^ are you sure you are meant to swallow them Snoop?
      Yes. Definitely for oral administration.

If anyone knows of a brand of small magnesium supplement pills, please let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Yes. Definitely for oral administration.

If anyone knows of a brand of small magnesium supplement pills, please let me know.
        Are they as big as the vitaminD/Calcium ones? Revolting, chalky, sweet and massive.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20230529_154849.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2563202

Comment

• From the look of that monster, I'd ask for a suspension snoop!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We have been care home visiting this afternoon which was quite upsetting as the person we went to visit was definitely in a different reality today. She recognised my husband but asked him if he was still "courting"? I don't know who she thought I was.

I washed one of the new quilt sets before use in case there was a finish on the fabric that might upset Mr GF's sensitive skin. I dried it outdoors and have decided I can get away without ironing it.

Name:	20230529_155932.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2563205
            Maybe I am just negligent at housework but if I ironed it it would look no better after a day.

Comment

• ^^^No - not negligent at all!
              I never iron any of my bedding - only for guests. Got better things to do in life!

Looks a lovely pattern by the way
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Anyone up for a magnum?… it’s one with almond bits on it if you’re not allergic to nuts?
                No thanks to a magnum I had a Cornetto earlier

Just now I’m in the garden taking a break and munching on some fruit.

Lots done today in the garden.

Should I mention I never iron anything well apart from curtains.
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 29-05-2023, 04:29 PM.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

^^^No - not negligent at all!
                  I never iron any of my bedding - only for guests. Got better things to do in life!

Looks a lovely pattern by the way
                  my mother used to iron pants and socks

Mrs G has been testing out the new kitchen. Yesterday a roast dinner ( very yummy) and todays offering a cake - first she's made in years, not tried it yet but it looks OK.

Banana & Pecan loaf

Name:	nannaand pecanjpg.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	2563213
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

No thanks to a magnum I had a Cornetto earlier

Just now I’m in the garden taking a break and munching on some fruit.

Lots done today in the garden.

Should I mention I never iron anything well apart from curtains.
                    I must say that I didn't even iron the creased up curtains I moaned about when they were very "late" arriving and it probably took them about a year to eventually lose their creases.

I think I must have a high inbuilt tolerance of untidiness. No, sorry, I know that I have. The only things that I am tempted to iron are pure cotton.

Comment

• Would you believe me when I say, I don't iron anything, and yet my shirts are always wrinkle free, evedently it must be the material that they are made with😏 Snoop a sharp knife helps when you can't swallow large pills
                      Went out to sit in the sun and read but found that I needed to inspect the inside of my eyelids, will try again tomorrow 🙂🙂🙂
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Gf….my inbuilt tolerance of mess is a bonus to me…my OH has a lower tolerance so tends to start clearing away etc before I feel motivated. I can’t stand a mess tbh , so apart from diy tools etc, I do try and keep my home at least clean, if not particularly tidy

Comment

• Inside of eyelid inspection rary?…good for you. I’m about to do the same ….

Comment

• Ooo…just had a thought!
                            Three weeks from now will be the longest day! Always followed by the ‘nicer’ weather.
                            Hmmmm …..interesting to understand the definition of nicer summers these days eh?

Off to the uk tomorrow for a few days…will check in when I can.
                            Have fun and remember- make mischief!

Bacon and crumpets , fish n’chips, ….here I come!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 29-05-2023, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Hi All,
                              I hope everyone is well and enjoying the good weather, well I don't know if this is the thread for this moan but here it is anyway either a cautionary tale or a warning about online purchasing of flowers you decide ?

25/05 was our wedding anniversary (28yr's) anyway I ordered some flowers from an Amazon seller I will say not a pleasant experience really as today 5 days after being delivered the wife had to throw the ones that wilted the worst away. I never expected miracles but IMO you should at least have a resemblance of what the thumbnail picture being what you order.

The pictures below are what turned up The packaging was top notch but the DPD driver just left them in in front of the door not having gotten an instant answer and was halfway across the road to his van when I called to him he just pointed at my door and said by your door mate or something similar.

The flowers were kept in the box overnight and kept in a cool place to be wrapped and given in the morning as you can see by the pictures not to chuffed was I the wife liked them but like I mention threw those that had wilted out so as far as I was concerned a waste of money and ruined what should have been a good day for the wife IMHO.

Top - Thumbnail Advert / No's 2 /3 & 4 are what I received.....

Name:	2023-05-30.png
Views:	90
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	2563242

Click image for larger version  Name:	f6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	2563240

Click image for larger version  Name:	f5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	2563238

Click image for larger version  Name:	F2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	2563236

Geoff.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 1batfastard; 29-05-2023, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Morning

A big difference in their photo and the flowers you received Geoff I know I wouldn't have been happy with them.

Another sunny day here that will be spent mostly outdoors.

Enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X