This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    It must be difficult for your friend bramble - quite scary realising how much her life/ understanding is going to change over the next few years. She has a good friend in you bramble x
    Nicos, yes, it's very difficult. I can honestly say I cant quite believe it.
    We did have a good afternoon but she is already struggling with names and is quite confused.
    Thank you for your kind comment. 💕

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It can be a stressful time bramble, but just be guided by your instincts, you don't come across as a hurtful person, so I think your friend is very fortunate to have you
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, went out to the greenhouse earlier and had just started mixing some compost when our son and family appeared, followed shortly after by daughter and her family, with cake😀 oh and presents from both sets😊 as it happens to be someone's birthday, anyway after tea, biscuits and cake was duly given out, though I am still trying to work out why grandchildren got larger slices than me🤔 they all headed home, so I nipped out to the greenhouse again and planted a trombonceno in the tomato bed, I have a metal bed frame which h is just the right size for the end of the bed which should be ideal for the plant to climb up and with it being inside the greenhouse there should be enough heat to encourage it to grow, time will tell. In. Ow wish you all a good night and pleasant dreams, hoping you pass on smiles in your dreams as well. Goodnight 🙂🙂🙂
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all.

Looks like it may become a warm one later. Some housework to do then I can be out in the garden for a while, and maybe get out for a walk.

Enjoy the day.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Belated happy birthday Rary!
            Sounds like you had a lovely day. Did you save some cake for us?…if not , I’ll go and buy one for you as I don’t have time to make one on such short notice

Looks like we’re in for a lovely day here too MH - Mrs Mop day for me too, hopefully I’ll manage to get some gardening time in later
            My sunburn has started to peel…Most attractive eh?.

Was that tea and toast for me MH?…love the honey! Ya muchly x

Lovely haircut gf…suits you
            You’ve just reminded me of when my OH’s cousin and his wife came tp visit and visited our rather elderly village hairdresser for a quick trim. They both ended up with the same short back and sides and trimmed eyebrows exactly the same Had to giggle - I think she thought they were both blokes And yes, she’s retired now.
            Enjoy your day peeps
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Its warm here as well MK overnight GH temp was 12.2c and just now its 21.c in there I replaced the auto-vent yesterday the other was was hit or miss if it opened I checked my journal and I bought it in 2009 so its done well.

Sending you belated birthday wishes Rary hope you had a happy cake day

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.

Belated Happy Birthday, Rary.

Nicos, I'm so glad my hairdresser still has her eyesight. Did your cousins wife have shortish hair to start with?

Bren, last time an autovent of mine went on the blink I disconnected it, coated it well with petroleum jelly and left it on the greenhouse bench for a week. It gave it a new lease of life.

I ought to get moving as I'm taking my brother-in-law for blood tests at the surgery this morning. I'm glad I added my mobile number to his notes at the doctor's as we booked it online when they texted which meant we had a good choice of times, dates and phlebotomists and I even got a reminder yesterday.

I also need to pick up prescriptions at the chemist and we "need" more ice cream lollies. .... not Magnums as Mr GF's new favourite is the ice cream coated with tropical fruit flavour ice. Frozen food shop is handily situated right next door to the doctor's.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 19-05-2023, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Mr GF now in trouble when I found a lolly stick down his side of the bed! He says he must have been sleepwalking!🤣🤯🤣

Comment

• Belated happy birthday Rary..hope you got a slice of your cake. 😃

Good morni g all. A dull morni g but its 12 degsl
                    Domestics and a bit of gardening this morning.

My daughter has just had a new bathroom installed so we are taking a trip to Ikes for all the accessories.
                    Hopefully I will fit in another bit of gardening g alter in the day.

Bren, I have an auto vent that doesnt work very well, I will try your tip.

Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Belated birthday greetings, rary. Did you sample any of the wine your wife bought you? I'm avoiding mentioning cake - it'll only make me want to bake one...

Busy day as per. Visitors arriving this evening as well, so need to get sorted for them. In fact, a cake might be just what's ordered now I come to think of it. One of them is a 6-foot 17-year-old with hollow legs. Cake might be what's needed to fill them.

Low of 9.4 ºC in our sheltered corral, last night. But a cool breeze this morning. The promised downpour has been cancelled. Probably just as well if Italy is anything to go by. Terrible situation there.

Better get on with things. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• A frustrating morning. I took my brother-in-law for his blood tests. While we were there he asked the nurse if the problem he has with his ankle could be caused by what he was having blood tests for. The next thing the on call doctor appeared and had a consultation. The doctor sent him a prescription to the chemist.

When my brother-in-law tried to stand up with the help of his rollator I suddenly realised that the brakes on it were completely ineffectual...or in his words bloody useless. He nearly went head over heels.

When we got back to the car I had a closer look. They are just like bicycle brakes and would you believe I had a 10mm spanner in my handbag. Yes, no lipstick or mirror, but a couple of spanners. In a couple of minutes he had working brakes.

I then went to the chemist to get his, and our, prescriptions. Manufacturing problem with his item!! I had to go back to the doctors and queue for ages to talk to a receptionist to try and get it sorted. Eventually I left my phone number with the receptionist and she said she'd try and sort it out. The poor girl had a queue out of the door.

She's just rung back. Hopefully it's sorted. I'll go pick it up for him at the chemist shortly.

Comment

• Afternoon or Prevening All
                          Happy Belated Birthday Rary
                          Had visitors most of today, so will have to catch up
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Nicos, I'm so glad my hairdresser still has her eyesight. Did your cousins wife have shortish hair to start with?

Yes she did…but not as short as when she came back home!. She didn’t mind tbh ( good value for money!) but was bemused about her eyebrows!

Well done with the spanners- I have a tape measure and some string in mine and a safety pin…we could team up!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, and thank you all for the kind wishes, it feels as if I am starting to catch up on some of you😏 and yes I had some cake not a lot but some and with five hungry boys (that's counting my son) there was nothing left to share out with all of you 🙁
                              Warm here today, had to go to the bank this morning, so once finished there we went for a scone and a cup of coffee, OH paid, after all I am the driver 😁 Bren over the winter I had problems with my auto vents as the temperature in the greenhouse was reaching 30c at times and they weren't opening so bought four new ones, I was going to replace them once it was a bit warmer outside, now that it's warmer all 8 auto vents are working so I now have 4 spare vent openers, which no doubt I will require at some time🙄 we have the boys overnight tonight so I won't have a quiet night, need Togo and repair for the tea, enjoy your evening and smile🙂🙂🙂

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                Back home from our trip to IKEA.
                                My daughter got all the trimmings to finish off her bathroom.
                                My grandaughter got shelving for her bedroom.
                                She has a collection of ducks that lived on the rim of the bath.
                                Now the bath is gone she is rehoming the ducks in her bedroom.

I got some bits and Bob's, you couldn't come home from IKEA without some purchases.
                                They were selling tomato plants for €10, needless to say I didnt buy any.
                                That's all for now, have a good evening.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X