Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and one big cake or two ordinary ones I hope, Jay22. Big hug. Thinking of you. xx

Comment

• Will be thinking of you jay x
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Pop in anytime for a look around Jay you know we’re here thinking of you xx
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, when going to church this morning there was a light rain fall but off when we came back out, though cloudy no rain so was out in the greenhouse for a time potting on some lettuce and flowers till my son and family arrived in, so in for tea and biscuits, but once they went out again I was back out to the greenhouse and planted up some baskets I have mixed some homemade and bought compost with soil and burn sand, will see how it performs, now all I need is Nicos to drop in with some seaweed and I will see how that does when mixed in with the compost😄.
          When at church this morning I was doing a Bible reading, which I thought I had prepared for, as the printing in the bible is a bit small I usually print the reading out myself, but while sitting, going over my reading, the order of the service came up, and fortunately or possibly unfortunately I discovered I had missed out three verses, and those three verses were the topic of the ministers sermon, guess who suddenly became very nervous, however I did manage to do the reading, but definitely need to get a Bible with larger print, now going out to cover some plants with fleece as there is a temperature drop forecasted, by the way it turned out a lovely warm sunny day here, which is unusual as it appears that it has been raining all around us. Well I wish you all a pleasant evening and Jay I send you kind thoughts and lots of smiles God bless🙂🙂🙂
          ​​​​​​
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
            A disappointing day weathereise, showery, cool and damp.
            We had a nice late lunch with some of the family.
            N9 gardening today other than putting the plants out to harden off.
            They are alo covered up now in the greenhouse.

Jay, I am sorry to hear you've had some upsetting news.
            Drop in any time and know that we will be here for you.
            I will light a candle for you if that's all right.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

Guess who forgot to pack suncream?….yup, that glow from the south this evening is me

Jay, oh no….we’re here for you lass, and sending as many positive vibes as is possible xx
              I’ve a rather sunburnt shoulder for you to lean on if you wish x
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

A fine day but rather breezy so I'll be needing those hurricane clothes pegs

Last night I bought my Toms into the kitchen then spotted the ants walking across the windowsill Tom/cucs are now staying in the GH from now on. I hate ants a few years back we had them in the kitchen cupboards

Enjoy your day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

No need for suncream here, as it's dull and looks like staying that way for a bit. Probably good weather for strimming and weeding, though. Not that much will get done, I suspect. Paid work calls... That and bread baking. Mr Snoop went out last night and it looks like he raided the bread bin on his return.

I'll get the smiles to go and waft nice cool air round your shoulder, Nicos.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Yup - still glowing…more so if anything

Yick Bren - I hate ants in the house - we often have them - usually near both the kitchen and front doors, so we have to put out traps which work well. Next door’s cat had them in her cat bowl

We’re off further up the coast today , then home. Yesterday was great…we are parked up near a major area of oyster beds and there are quite a few loose ones strewn along the beach after high tide where split bags have spilled their contents. So in exchange for free oysters we spent a couple of hours wandering along picking up plastic debris… Guess who had a dozen oysters for lunch! A fair exchange don’t ya think?

Rary….that must have been a bit of a panic moment for you …I hate public speaking - never got used to it.

Right….kettle is on - help yourselves…..

Comment

• Good Morning All Lovely sunny day with a breeze ideal for my washing.
                      Hello Vera oops Nicos
                      Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning....just!

Sorry to hear things aren't too good, Jay. Lots of positive vibes from me too.

Nicos, what do folk put on sunburn these days? I remember my sister getting doused with camoline lotion as a child while I, next to her all day, had barely changed colour. I think there must be some Mediterranean genes somewhere in my makeup.

I've been baking buns again this morning. Mr GF is also muttering about getting more ice lollies as well.

The sun was shining brightly earlier but it's now looking like rain.

Comment

• Good dat, greenhouse temperature down at 7°c last night, and that alexa thing showing 3c have checked the plants in the greenhouse and outdoors and all OK. Have been busy pressure washing the driveway and paths, the dive is monoblock and the paths slabs, I have done most of the driveway, but intend getting a bit of work done at the front of it so have left that part till the work is completed, the path is made with 3x2 slabs before going to 2x2s into the patio, I have washed most of the first lot but legs getting sore and I'm getting lazy, so have decided to leave the rest and get one of the boys to finish, and while mentioning slabs I am going to look out for 14 3x2s and then I will alter the large raised bed and make it into 3 smaller beds, the large bed has served its purpose, but I need to consider how thing will be when I get old, and plan accordingly, now going to catch the news then get out to the greenhouse, have a good day and smile🙂🙂🙂
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well, I’m home again…and went straight for the tube of Savlon! I find that helps the most if I don’t have Aloe Vera ( which I don’t ​​​​​​)

Antihistamines and paracetamol were my first line of treatment last night. Stupid me…I forgot that beach UV was amplified off the water Oh well…back to clouds and drizzle at home…no complaints from me! Turns out that I’m a self contained central heating unit at the moment

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              We took ourselves off for a train ride today as it's my hubby's birthday,
                              It wasnt the best weather but we enjoyed it and had lunch out.

Bren, My tomatoes are staying in the greenhouse as I have a plague of ants this year for some unknown reason.

Nicos, it's the coastal breeze that does the damage, not even noticeable until later.

Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• evening all.

Well last week I went Norf o'the border with Miss G a combined birthday pressie (hers and mine). She'd never been to West Coast of Scotland so we went to Oban and Skye( somewhere I'd never been). one Skye we took our selves to Dunvegan Castle so here are a few phot's from the gardens. in total i took a 100 odd photo's ...
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Poppy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	2562444 Click image for larger version  Name:	prim.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	2562445 Click image for larger version  Name:	orchid.jpg Views:	0 Size:	979.2 KB ID:	2562446 Click image for larger version  Name:	ghouse.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	2562448
                                Last edited by nick the grief; 15-05-2023, 06:03 PM.
                                ntg
                                Never be afraid to try something new.
                                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X