This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
    Nicos, it's the coastal breeze that does the damage, not even noticeable until later.
    I take it you mean noticeable to everyone else bramble, possibly sunglasses required if glow is bright enough 😅
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, it turned out a lovely warm day again, though I had to wash down the conservatory windows for a time, then I did a little bit of cement work followed by some weeding, while weeding I was beside the car and noticed some scratches on it, it looks as if someone scratched it when passing with a bag as its on the door and door jam then across part of the bonnet, it actually looks as if it was caused by tree branches, but as I am the only person to drive the car I know that has never happened and it definitely wasn't like that when I washed the car the other day, however as there is nothing I can do about it, I will have to forget it, though how folk can be so disrespectful of other people's property beats me.
      Anyway, well Nicos did you collect any seaweed on your trip, or were you too busy lapping up the oysters, glad you had a good time and hope you kept the oyster shells as they are very handy in the garden. Now here's another of those imponderable questions. How does a wife who can't move very well and last observed sitting watching television, suddenly appear at the bottom of a ladder that her husband is up, when you consider there is no way she could hear or see said husband doing that, then gets angry when she is told "right mother." you would think by the time you are my age, you would have the answer to questions like this, but believe me you dont🤔. Now off to read a book have a good night folks and hopefully a good sleep. Goodnight 🙂🙂🙂
      Last edited by rary; 15-05-2023, 08:37 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning

Nice Photos NtG thanks

Rary could the car damage have happened in a car park some people are carless walking past cars. MrsR probably thought you being too quiet and went to check up on you.

Hope you don't feel to sore Nicos xx

off to do things back later. enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Surprisingly not too sore this morning - thanks for asking Bren.

Lovely piccies NTG- thanks for sharing! Looks like you had some lovely weather too

After the utter peace and calm of the coast we were woken by tractors and trailers wizzing up and down our tiny lane - they are cutting and collecting haylage from a nearby field. All done and dusted within 2hrs. Can you imagine how long that would have taken by hand in ‘the olden days’?…Rary?…

Looks like tonight is the first of the cold nights forecast so we best get our fleece to hand.

And yes Rary - we did collect a load of seaweed!…thanks for the inspiration. Do you chop yours? OH was thinking of adding it to the compost rather than mulching with it so as to try and keep the flies down. We have cows in the field with their tiny babies at the moment - lovely as that is, we get an amazing increase in flies with them.

Right…stuff to do - lawns to cut again - only 5 days since they were Iast cut and they are growing like crazy!…perfect for the farmers I guess who will be making the most of haylage collection for when/ if we have another drought and no grass this summer.
          Enjoy your day peeps
          Last edited by Nicos; 16-05-2023, 07:28 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

I remember visiting Dunvegan when I was ooh, all of eight years old. I was fascinated by Bonnie Prince Charlie's lock of hair. Lovely castle in a beautiful setting.

And in answer to your question, rary, I wouldn't mind betting it was one of the smiles that let your wife know you were up to no good, meaning up a ladder.

Very breezy here. Some clouds but they're being whipped along by the wind.

The usuals today. Paid work and garden tidying. Looks like I'll be able to start planting things out at the weekend. Mr Snoop says it'll rain sooner or later, so I'm taking him at his word.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon All Been busy this morning wiping down kitchen units, pale grey shows every mark. Halfway through so having a break See you later.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon, have been out shopping and visiting, and now having a up of tea, before taking the dogs a walk, and yes Nicos chop it up then as OH has suggested put it into the compost bin, I cover the ground with it in the winter and it generally has dried up and broken up by spring, but putting it on as a mulch now will attract flies so not recommended, and yes Bren it would have been in a carpark but so unnecessary as I park in disabled spaces which means there is plenty of room to walk past.
                ​​​​​​OH not too happy with me just now when we were out shopping, she was looking at some dairy creams and I noticed one lot reduced, I looked at it and read out what it was, soured cream so asked OH if she had looked at it, it was after we were out the shop that I think the penny dropped, possibly if I hadn't smiled it wouldn't have dawned on her, now I am getting the cold shoulder, and as no doubt a lot of you know, no one can give the cold shoulder as well as a wife in the huff😏 have a good day folks and try smiling😊😊😊

Comment

• You are a rascal Rary ​​​​​​

Comment

• Nicos should have mentioned it earlier make some seaweed tea with some of the seaweed, alsowhen I put the seaweed on the garden I don't wash it, but we get a lot of rain here, if you are making tea or putting it into your compost I would suggest that you give it a quick rinse

Ps don't do it in the washing machine 😅😅

Last edited by rary; 16-05-2023, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Brrrr…cold and damp, but it looks like we’ve escaped a frost so far. Glad to have used the fleece on the young plants though!

Thanks for that advice Rary I’ll bring more back next time…you’ve got me hooked on seaweed now!

Looks like it’s going to be a lovely day so I’m hoping to get loads of weeding done and some transplanting of self seeded seedlings.

First things first though…who is up for a brew?

Comment

• Good morning all.

Yes please, Nicos, a cuppa will be most welcome. The air is a little chilly here too, but the sun's out so it'll soon warm a bit.

My mum's due her covid booster today, so no grory hop till that's done. May leave it till tomorrow. I spoke to my sister in Florida about boosters, apparently they don't get them, they just had the original jab plus one booster and that's it. She said she wouldn't have one anyway if it was offered as there is too much misinformation about the whole pandemic/vaccine thing.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Golly gosh, mothhawk. Fingers crossed we don't get another Covid wave. Mr Snoop isn't very well this morning and my first thought was have we got any tests in the house. One is the answer. Next time one of us goes to the chemist, I'll make sure we get a few more in, just in case.

Not that warm here so far, but the sun is coming up, so the heat will be on soon.

The usuals today. Mostly paid work though, so I'd better get cracking.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here again. The gas man cometh today for a boiler service. It's 20 years + so every time they come I'm on tenterhooks!
                            Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                              The sun is shining and the laundry is on the line.
                              Domestics this morning and caring for my grandson this afternoon.
                              Perhaps a bit of weeding in between.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

While cleaning the bathroom this morning I decided we really needed a new shower curtain. The one we had was pale blue and boring. My bath mats are all navy blue. How can it be so difficult to find a slightly more exciting blue shower curtain that won't show every mark? After searching all the usual websites including Dunelm, M & S, Next, Argos etc, etc I ended up on Asda's. They had one I fancied that had great reviews. I thought yes click and collect. After I had registered with them for online shopping and found that it wasn't available.....aaarrrggghhh I looked at a few other websites and found nothing that I wanted so went back into Asda and found a little button that said check local stock. There it was in Asda 2½ miles away but low stock.

I went and got it. It is now hanging happily in my shower. I have also had an email from them thanking me for registering for online shopping which I suppose is always handy. This is what I fancied.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230517_121052.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.4 KB ID:	2562540

In fact as it was so cheap I bought two.

Rary, don't you realise that wives develop second sight over the years when it comes to their husbands doing things that they shouldn't be doing? As for a cold shoulder....you are just so lucky that was all you got.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 17-05-2023, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X