X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
    Good evening all.
    Back home from our trip to IKEA.
    My daughter got all the trimmings to finish off her bathroom.
    My grandaughter got shelving for her bedroom.
    She has a collection of ducks that lived on the rim of the bath.
    Now the bath is gone she is rehoming the ducks in her bedroom.

I got some bits and Bob's, you couldn't come home from IKEA without some purchases.
    They were selling tomato plants for €10, needless to say I didnt buy any.
    That's all for now, have a good evening.
    We've just had our Bathroom and Kitchen donethe Builder finished about an hour ago ... looks good. We ripped our bath out and have a walk in shower now
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• Evening

Been out and about most of the day so only gardening was to plant my Toms in the GH border.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      Bren, last time an autovent of mine went on the blink I disconnected it, coated it well with petroleum jelly and left it on the greenhouse bench for a week. It gave it a new lease of life..
      GF my auto vent was losing its wax so it was either a new cylinder or Autovent after 14 years we went a new one.

enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post

We've just had our Bathroom and Kitchen donethe Builder finished about an hour ago ... looks good. We ripped our bath out and have a walk in shower now
        Nick, I'm sure you're relieved to have the job finished
        My daughter also got a walk in shower.
        Enjoy, *

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post

I also have a walk in shower Nick, OH look advantage of me when I had my second knee replacement, as I couldn't get into the bath she said we needed a walk in shower, to which I agreed, but I thought we would have both a walk in shower and a bath, OH just wanted a shower guess who got her own way😣 personally I prefer a bath, though I struggle to get in and out of one
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            dull and cloudy here at the moment.

Glad to hear your works are finished NTG…you can now get on and thoroughly enjoy them

I’m thoroughly with Rary on the subject of baths….I can’t stand showers. Yes, I’ll have one if I have to but I really don’t enjoy them.
            Soaking in a hot tub, mug of tea or glass of wine and reading a book…absolute bliss, especially after a long day of gardening.
            And yes, we have both a bath and a step in shower as OH much prefers showers - so we both got what we preferred

No pressing plans for today so we’ll be gardening- it’ll be good to get on top of a few jobs out there.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

A cool start but it soon warmed up when the sun hit the garden, so gardening today and a bit of shopping not sure what else yet.

We have both bath and shower cubicle but the bath rarely get used I'd much sooner step in the shower, years ago it used to be the other way around odd how we change.

Enjoy your day
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy and dull here. Not that warm. No rain forecast.

Had a nice night out with visitors yesterday and about to go into the village to see what's what at the shops. Fingers crossed they have cherries...

Other than that, no idea what the day will bring. Bound to be good, though.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All
                  Walk in shower here too when we had the new bathroom. I don't miss the bath now, though I couldn't have done without it when the children were young.
                  Very warm and sunny here, so will be outside today, but it might be sitting!
                  Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                    A very dull start to the day a d not a sign of the sun.

Another walk in shower here.
                    When we had our bathroom makeover we got rid of the bath.
                    I dont miss it at all.

No plans for the day so I will spend it in the garden.
                    Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post

Nick, I'm sure you're relieved to have the job finished
                      My daughter also got a walk in shower.
                      Enjoy, *
                      You could say ! just got to try and find stuff now as its all in its new home. I'venot had a bath in years ... yes I know you can smell me from there ... I've always had a shower. but now we have two showers, a normal handset and one of these big jobbies
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	bathrm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	2562692 Click image for larger version  Name:	kitch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	2562693

We've just got to give the new plaster a few weeks to dry thouroughly and then paint that and its all done ... we've had 5 weeks of it ( well Barbara ( Mrs G ) has I had a week in scotland ) and now we're off to wales for a week

On the plus side I now have an outside tap for watering the green house

Last edited by nick the grief; 20-05-2023, 09:53 AM.
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

• Cor NTG…they look fantastic! No wonder you are chuffed to bits with them.

That outside tap will be wonderful!

Funny thing with new kitchens- trying to find where the contents now go. It took me years to get used to my new kitchen here- I kept visualising where they used to be in the old one. Yeh…bit slow aren’t I? ( I thought I’d get that in before Rary suggests it’s an aged thing)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Mornin n’alln’all
                          dull and cloudy here at the moment.

Glad to hear your works are finished NTG…you can now get on and thoroughly enjoy them

I’m thoroughly with Rary on the subject of baths….I can’t stand showers. Yes, I’ll have one if I have to but I really don’t enjoy them.
                          Soaking in a hot tub, mug of tea or glass of wine and reading a book…absolute bliss, especially after a long day of gardening.
                          And yes, we have both a bath and a step in shower as OH much prefers showers - so we both got what we preferred

No pressing plans for today so we’ll be gardening- it’ll be good to get on top of a few jobs out there.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend?
                          But I would bet there would be no bath if it was the other way round😁
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good day to you all, cloudy and just had a light rain fall, still got the boys here but they will be going home shortly, also got two dogs who are sleeping at the moment, it took one a wee bit time to settle down, as she kept looking at the couch as if ready to jump up onto it just as she does in her own house, but I don't allow dogs o the furniture, I was quite shocked to read that Nicos would think I would have said anything re. her memory and age, I wouldn't have said anything, I am always respectful of the elderly😁 dinner time so off for something to eat, have a good day🙂🙂🙂
                            Last edited by rary; 20-05-2023, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon.

I've called round to take brother in law his electric razor back. I had stripped it down and given it a good clean for him. Being nearly blind it's the sort of job he struggles with. I am just deciding whether to put another wash load in the washer. The first lot is pretty much dry.

I was watching "Astrid: Murder in Paris" on TV in French with English subtitles last night and then in my dream last night everyone was speaking French. First time that's ever happened. Weird, no idea if I understood them or how bad the French was that my brain was manufacturing. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could capture our dreams and replay them.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Grey but dry here.
                                Mrs Mop day for me, then I hope to get to a vide grenier to buy a few basic things for my little granddaughters visit (loo seat - that sort of thing) No point in buying new for two weeks use in reality. All our friends’s grandchildren are in their teens now, so no chance of borrowing.
                                There may be plants too at a very decent price! Best take a few bags to fill!

I love your dream gf…many years ago when I used to ice skate/dance ( yup - really!) I had a couple of dreams of the floating feeling which goes with it and then double/ triple jumps and spins. I only ever achieved single jumps and remember waking up feeling “wow- how wonderful…so that’s what it feels like! “. In reality I’d have probably ended up in hospital! That would have been my ideal dream to catch and play!

Just got time for a quick cuppa if anyone fancies one?

Enjoy your day peeps - whatever you get up to.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X