Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Nicos and anyone else who's around Really summery again here. Just waiting for breakfast, so cheers Nicos. Hope you bag lots of bargains at the car boot
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Its another shorts and tee-shirt day here so I've been planting in the GH border before it gets to hot in there.

Hope you pick up some bargains Nicos I've not been to a car boot for ages there used to be some local ones now they're all further ways.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, there has been some rain overnight don't think there was a lot but sufficient to water the plants, I have never tried ice skating Nicos, though both my mother and OH seemed to think I had, as both of them have told me on several occasions that I was skating on thin ice😏 where they thought I could get ice in the summer beats me😁 I received my hearing aid back yesterday delivered by post, but I will need to send it back as whenever I put it into my ear the whistling is terrible, well it's either the hearing aid or I am too heavy handed with the seeds I add to my porridge in the morning, OH buys a bag of seeds which she adds to her flakes in the morning, when she's not about I take some, looking at them, they are the same seeds that I feed the birds with, I have told her that she could get 15 times more seed if she bought that, rather than sending for the kg bags she buys, I wonder if I could top up when she's not about🤔 nae she would kill me if she found out😕 off now to get ready for church enjoy your day and happy gardening🙂🙂🙂
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Sun's out, picked my first sweet peas today, just a small bunch, and the bush lilac is filling the garden with its scent.

Had a go at making candied orange peel today, using honey to cook it, then sugar to coat, seems a much better use than putting it in the compost. It's not candied enough to store, but it tastes delicious.

Need another brew now, have a lovely day all.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Another dull day here and no sign of the sun.
            Off to the church shortly and then grandson coming for lunch.
            No plans for the rest of the day so probably a potter in the garden.

Nicos, hope you find lots of bargains at the car boot sale.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

That sounds delicious, mothhawk. I know you don't much like peel, Nicos, and I never used to till I discovered some softer stuff. I probably use orange peel more than lemon now.

On the cards for today: finish off the mammoth round of washing-up from last night's supper. Very nice supper it was, but I think just about every pot and pan in the house got used. Certainly almost every glass... I'm blaming the state of my head on the fact that I've caught Mr Snoop's cold, nothing at all to do with the imbibing of wines various.

Friends leaving around 4 pm. I think I might go to bed for a nap at that point. No gardening apart from watering.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon,

Just popping on to let you all know I am still here. Nice and sunny here, so got my washing outside. Still not got an allotment and I am really missing growing. So I cheated and bought some basil and coriander and I am growing it in my sewing room.

Hope you're all well. Have a lovely day
                Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  Afternoon all.. I'm blaming the state of my head on the fact that I've caught Mr Snoop's cold, nothing at all to do with the imbibing of wines various.

Friends leaving around 4 pm. I think I might go to bed for a nap at that point. No gardening apart from watering.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.
                  Snoop you need to remember age doesn't come by its self, you should ask the other older (female) members of the forum how they cope after a heavy night😁
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• * whispers quietly so as not to disturb Snoop…..Afternoon!
                    We had a quick whizz around two local vide greniers and came back with a loo trainer seat, two cycle helmets( she’s exactly in between sizes- so one should fit!) a picture domino’s , three picture books- in French but she won’t notice! And a cotton dress for her- for a grand total of 9€- so about £8. Not bad as they all look brand new!
                    Theres a bigger one even nearer next Sunday so I’ll go and check that out too.

Lovely to see you Cariann - fingers crossed you get a plot soon. Any room for a few pots anywhere?

MH…wow! Sweet peas already?…well done lass- most impressed. Bet they smell wonderful!
                    Remember to take a piccie for our competition!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

We’ve spent the whole day outdoors, some gardening, potting on, weeding, dead heading and reading.

Just come indoors for a browse and a dish of fruit.

Cariann if you cut 2-3 inches of the top of your basil then pop it in water it will root, once you’ve got good roots pot them up. It’s good way to get more plants for free.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        * [SIZE=8px]
                        MH…wow! Sweet peas already?…well done lass- most impressed. Bet they smell wonderful!
                        Remember to take a piccie for our competition!
                        Nothing to do with me really. I had a couple of sweet peas left over last year, so stuck them against my climbing rose and left them to it. Evidently they dropped a few seeds which started to grow very early this year and now they're smothering the young rose and are really sturdy. I shall be chucking random sweet pea seeds about this autumn, they grow a darn sight better by themselves than they do with all the care and coddling I lavish on them!

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Sandwich shop was closed this morning (how very dare they) so I did bacon butties. Made a nice change really
                          Visitors too this morning but this afternoon I too have been potting on and tidying up . I'm finding I'm able to do quite a lot sitting on a stool I've even looked at the stools with wheels, a bit like a tractor,/trolley - anyone got one? My children think it would be hilarious!
                          Glad you got your bargains Nicos
                          Right, must water the containers
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mothhawk, thanks for the heads up regarding the sweet pea seeds.
                            I will definitely do this next autumn.
                            Mine are not even near the flowering stage.

Nicos, well done on all the bargains, once you start buying for a grandchild it's never ending.

Snoop, hope you got on top of the day and got all those dishes washed.

Spent the evening doing some potting on and weeding.
                            Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Working in the garden most of the day, fixed a bar across the shelter so that I can hang my baskets up to harden them off then made up more baskets and three half baskets, the half baskets have a sump for holding water so I filled one just using the compost mix the second with sponge in the sump then the compost the third I put some sponge and balled up newspaper in the sump then filled with compost, the plants are trailing geranium and zonal leaf geraniums which as no doubt you all know do not require a lot of watering, so I will watch how they grow and see if there is a benifit in in any particular way of filling, OH is now watching antiques Roadshow, I never bother with that type of show, I don't like seeing things things that were possibly all the rage as I was growing up being classed as antique😢 I have a book by Charles Dowding that I am going to go off and read, so I wish you all a goodnight 🙂🙂🙂

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                we have sunshine!
                                OH is off to collect a trailer of organic cow manure later ( yip yip!)

More domestics for me but I hope to get out in the garden later. May be just as well as we are forecast UV 8

I plant those geraniums in window boxes Rary - they do well here. Also dwarf nasturtium.

Anyone fancy a brew?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X