This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

Flo filling the pond was just the start I took as much of the lawn I could, leaving 18ft incase we have to dry out the trailer tent. Luckily that’s only happened a couple of times.

Take care Snoop xx
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks, everyone. Spent most of the day asleep and am feeling a lot better now than I was this time yesterday. Had a nice chat on the phone with the doctor as well, but don't think we'll require his services. Fortunately.

So that's a plus. That and the ageing cat perking up, amazingly. Shame about the lack of rain, though...

Comment

• Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Snoop, and good news about the cat
        It's sunny here one minute and then cloudy the next.
        No further progress yet with the beds and I'm now wondering how we'll level the ground. I'm afraid it's going to look like a burial site
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
          Another lovely day and busy in the garden.
          Planted out the last of my dahlias.
          Planted up marigolds in the containers with the tomato plants.
          Potted on my pepper plants and continued weeding.

Snoop, so glad to hear you're feeling better.
          Hope you get some rain soon.
          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Am definitely on the mend. Still feel very weird and glad to have paracetamol to hand, but much better than before, no doubt about that.

Not much on the cards for today, unsurprisingly. A bit of work, but not much. A walk with the dogs, but not far. And a long afternoon nap for sure.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Sunny here today I can get used to this

Glad to read you're starting to improve Snoop xx

I'll be mostly gardening today.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning.

I'm glad that you seem to be over the worst, Snoop. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

We did a grory hop yesterday and took Mr GF's brother with us.

I bought a new t-shirt the other day. Now I've worn it, washed it and decided I can get away without ironing it I think I'll go see what other colours are available. I think I'll hunt my shorts out as well and see if they still fit. This will also call for a massive deforestation campaign of my legs which have been well hidden for the last nine months.

Of course now that my thoughts are turning to Summer I've probably jinxed the weather.

I suppose I ought to go make some buns next as there's none left for elevenses. I've now got them down to a 22 minute job from start to finish. Oven on to warm up. Ten minutes to make them and twelve minutes in the oven. Then I just have to prevent Mr GF from grabbing one while the jam is still molten.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Mrs Mop again…then escaping in the camper just overnight this time.
                  Got to make the most of this lovely weather before it gets too hot!

Great news you are on the mend Snoop. I’ve never had it but from what I’ve heard you can’t push the recovery or you get setbacks?…is that correct?

Not heard much about your bonkers cat Snoop…is he calming down now he’s getting older?

Best crack on…half way to weekend eh? I’ve left some home made muesli out if anyone fancies any?

Enjoy your day!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Almost scorchio here as well. Must find a book for later sitting. Glad you're feeling better Snoop and taking it steady

Comment

• Good morning all.Sun and cloud here taking turns.
                      Donestics this morning.
                      We are out for a birthday dinner tonight.
                      My friend who has been diagnosed with dementia has her birthdsy today.
                      We three couples have been friends for ever.
                      Her hubby has decided to have a special celebration dinner, I guess he is thinking of doing it while she can remember.

Snoop, do good yo hear your on the mend, dont rush it though.

Enjoy your overnight in your camper Nicos, sounds lovely.

Have a good dsy all and enjoy your book Flo.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm just wondering if anyone else had a "black hole" in their home that teaspoons disappear into.....never to be seen again.

Comment

• We’re the opposite GF we seem to have lots, not sure were they even appeared from.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Yes, I do, GF. Last time I gave the cutlery drawer a good clean-out I found only five teaspoons where there used to be six. I searched everywhere, but it has never re-appeared. A sacrifice to Anoia, Goddess of Things That Get Stuck in Drawers. I'm also missing one of two perforated spoons. You don't miss them if you don't use them all the time, and then it's too late to find them.

edit: obviously the other end of the black hole comes out in Bren's cutlery drawer.
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 24-05-2023, 02:01 PM.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• We were forever having teaspoon amnestys at work and still had to regularly buy more. We seem to be ok at home and Himself insists on using the same one because it has a pointy end

Comment

• We are ok for teaspoons here. If anybody looked in our cutlery drawer they would think a very big family lived here.
                                There are only the two or us.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...