Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Steady rain here and looks like it's set for the rest of the day. Bit on the cooler side too, so will find something to occupy me inside. Have a good day
    Last edited by Florence Fennel; 22-07-2023, 09:31 AM.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Feels very hot again. 35 ºC, so much cooler but perhaps more humid. In any event, it's not that comfortable.

The morning's endeavours have been domestics and a couple of loaves of granary-style bread. A recipe I haven't made for a long time. They smell lovely. French flour - costs an arm and a leg here, but still cheaper than a decent loaf from a bakery. Mr Snoop is out for most of the day, so looks like I shall get to enjoy a crust without having to share it.

Got a bit of work to do this afternoon and then we're off out this evening. Outdoor restaurant with a live bossa nova band and a fire juggling act. Fortunately nothing flammable nearby, so I reckon the fire juggling will actually happen.

By the way, first in line for quality control is likely to be disappointed. I imagine the fifth or sixth person is more likely to be presented with something relatively acceptable. So don't be in too much of a hurry!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Good Morning All Steady rain here and looks like it's set for the rest of the day. Bit on the cooler side too, so will find something to occupy me inside. Have a good day
        Afternoon

You were right Flo it’s rained all day apart from an hour after lunch. So no gardening only checking the GH today.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          After a wet and very windy night we have a calm but cloudy morning.
          Off out in a sec for a picnic breakfast by a local lake …and buying croissants en route!

Anyone want any whilst I’m in the shop - I’l
          l ask the smiles to drop them on their way over…..
          Last edited by Nicos; 23-07-2023, 07:32 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Enjoy your picnic Nicos, no croissants here thanks I've had bacon, eggs mushrooms on a oatcake earlier.
            The rains just stopped time to nip back in the garden before it starts again, It must have been down to the smiles thanks.

enjoy your day

Comment

• I got myself a bread maker which came on Friday. So far I have studied the manual. Then tried a fruit loaf as we had bread to use up. Fell at the first hurdle as the programme I set didn't bake it!
              good job we didn't need any bread last night!
              So about to try again now.
              I just don't have time to do the hand made stuff any more and as for the sour dough...don't ask!
              at least I know that once I am mistress of the machine the bread will have good ingredients - no enhancers etc.

Comment

• Good Morning All It's stopped raining and the sun's come out. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• Good morning all.

Croissants here please!! I love warm, fresh from the oven croissants. I have to admit that I sometimes like to dunk chunks in a nice cup of coffee or have them with homemade jam. I once attempted to make some about 30 years ago!!! They were edible but not particularly enjoyable.

Due to the unrelenting rain I made a sultana loaf yesterday. It was a recipe I've never made before. It looked gorgeous when I took it out of the oven but was a let down when we tasted it. Not moist or sweet enough. I'm going to make blackberry buns shortly so that Mr GF has got some for elevenses. He needed to put some weight on and over the last couple of months he's put 4 pounds on......unfortunately I probably have too!!!

Mrs Busy I hope you master your breadmaker soon. I wouldn't be without mine even though I never actually wanted one originally.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Dull and overcast again but the rain has passed.
                    No plans for the the day.
                    off to church shortly.
                    Nicos, enjoy your picnic.
                    Have a great day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Late on parade as we had a lovely time last night. Live bossa nova act were very good and the food and wine more than acceptable. Anyway, Mr Snoop wants to go back next week. Fine by me except the live music will be rap. Not sure how much of that I'll be able to stand.

Plenty on the cards for today. First off, toast and butter. Still haven't had breakfast and I'm guessing I'm much too late for croissants.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Is it really mid July? Mr GF refused to get in the shower this morning until I put the central heating on. I then got a ten minute muttered rant about global warming or as he commented.....lack of.

Comment

• Afternoon

Not achieved much today nipped in the garden a couple of times when the rain stopped, but mostly reading so a lazy day for me.

Comment

• Afternoon All Persisting it down here since I last posted and no sign of stopping. I've read, listened to a play on Radio 4 while doing a jigsaw and now I'm thinking about painting my toe nails, so I must be bored. I might look for a comedy film to watch later

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              Damp hazy rain blowing in sheets with the breeze all day.
                              lIke everybody else, reading, and pottering.
                              Grandson came for lunch so that broke the day.
                              Hopefully we will see an improvement tomorrow. .

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

We have sunshine ​​​​​​

Flo ‘Young Sheldon’ is on E4 at 8 this evening, not sure if you knew.

Glad it’s not only me who doesn’t have much to show for the day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X