• Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Sun and cloud at justc14 degs.
      Lots of bits to do today.
      Another week gone by in the blink of an eye.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• OK. I guess it's not much of a big deal really, but I'm a bit of a serial obsessive, so now I've got bread under my belt - literally and metaphorically - I was thinking of learning how to do proper viennoiserie (croissants, Danish pastries and the like) and pastry (pies and tarts). Not just as a one-off but quite seriously try to master them. It's not sensible, diet-wise (or financially as I'd probably end up buying a bit of equipment only for this purpose). But I like to learn new tricks and I'm sure this one would be popular with friends.

There, that was an anticlimax, wasn't it? Chocolatier is a much better idea!

Comment

• I was close Snoop
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            I was close Snoop
            Very close, Flo. I should have owned up when you made your suggestion. But I only like to make things for friends. Too much of a chore if you're trying to do it commercially.

Comment

• Go for it snoop - why not? I don’t think it’s a bonkers idea at all.
              Most importantly you and your OH will absolutely love them -!including friends and neighbours.
              It’s always good to have a sense of achieving something , particularly if it’s a new skill.
              ( well that’s what my OH keeps telling me about at least trying to get the hang of our new cordless vac… I still prefer a long handled brush)

I’ve just spent the last couple of hours trying to pick up slushy black cherries from the guests gardens. Never ending job!… they usually drop dried like raisins and then the foxes and hedgehogs eat them . This is the year of the cherry stain- not good when you have young children running around. Not just the stains - but I got stung by a bee poor thing - not good.
              Even the blackbird was annoyed with me for pinching his lunch…

And yes I piled them up in the corner so the wildlife could still access them.
              We still have a lovely sunny day here…
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Enablers the lot of you! Just as well it's just fancy buns and the like...

Looks like it's a goer of an idea, then. I'll start in the autumn, when the weather's cooler. If the Gardener's Rest opens this year, I'll provide refreshments for the opening ceremony.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 21-07-2023, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  I was thinking of learning how to do proper viennoiserie (croissants, Danish pastries and the like) and pastry (pies and tarts). Not just as a one-off but quite seriously try to master them. It's not sensible, diet-wise (or financially as I'd probably end up buying a bit of equipment only for this purpose). But I like to learn new tricks and I'm sure this one would be popular with friends.

There, that was an anticlimax, wasn't it? Chocolatier is a much better idea!
                  If it’s something you want to do Snoop, go for it. Then have Chocolatier as a back up.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    No outdoor oven or anything like that, no. We'd never get away with it if the forestry agent or anyone like that were to spot it. Too much of a fire hazard, they'd say.

And I only bake bread and cakes for friends or for gifts. So no bakery. Though I would be baking more, hence the danger to my waistline (not sure I've even got one, though).

You can guess as much as you like, but the likelihood of you ever getting it right is next to nil it's such a silly idea. Anyway, I've pretty well talked myself out of it.

Sleeping in a hammock under the stars would be a marvellous idea. But the mosquitoes would drive us mad. They're huge this year. Plus we've got minute nipping black flies this year and if anything they're even worse than the mozzies. You been sending your surplus midges back with the smiles, rary?
                    Jings av bin fin oot (my goodness I have been found out) I thought that the midges would enjoy the heat and sunshine and just sit about doing nothing, you know what women are like, if it's warm they can't be bothered doing anything, it's to warm to do this or that and yes it's the female midge that bites, now why is this not a surprise
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Oh by the way Snoop when can I expect the bread and cakes to be delivered, personally I would like to try a tart but OH won't let me

She says it would spoil my wasteline
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Oh brill news there Snoop!….

*** hands up who else would like to volunteer with me to be quality controllers?***

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’m just fancying a croissant now

Mrs Mop day for me plus more picking up of rotting cherries from the lawn. Pesky things sit just below the height of the lawnmower cut. Never really had this problem before as they normally dry on the tree then drop. I actually thought about getting some olive nets to lay beneath the trees so they are easier to gather We’ll see, maybe this is a one off year.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend? I’m thinking a picnic next to the nearby lake tomorrow might be on the books…rain or not ( we can take the camper if it rains)
                          Yesterday afternoon during ‘quiet time’ my granddaughter and I sat looking through and discussing pictures in this month’s GYO mag! She knew near enough all the veggie names . Most impressed!

Anyone fancy breakfast in bed?...

Comment

• Morning

Good luck with those cherries Nicos, are they too messy for your little helper to join in with the clean up.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^^^ yeh….far too messy. My fingers are now purple even after a darned good scrubbing…plus I got stung by a bee so that’s a no on two accounts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Oh brill news there Snoop!….

*** hands up who else would like to volunteer with me to be quality controllers?***
                                You do know you are second in the queue Nicos, but don't worry I do believe in a fair split, 70/30 which I think is very favourable
                                Last edited by rary; 22-07-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X