Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning nice and bright this morning s, hope its not a case of bright before 7, rain before 11 need to go taking grand son to his work
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Rary, I'm hoping it's rain before seven, fine before eleven, as it was raining when I woke at 5.30 and still at it now.

As it's so damp and cool, I'm having a "winter breakfast" of porridge with raisins and walnuts, plus a big pot of tea, if anyone cares for a brew.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We had loads of heavy rain during the night- good timing again as it’s stopped now.

Not quite sure what today will bring….
        Have a great day whatever you get up to!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thanks for the offer mothhawk but I have just made myself a cup of coffee, that's grandson dropped off at his work, three dogs walked, so now the days all mine............ to do as OH tells me
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
            .Rary, I'm hoping it's rain before seven, fine before eleven, as it was raining when I woke at 5.30 and still at it now.

As it's so damp and cool, I'm having a "winter breakfast" of porridge with raisins and walnuts, plus a big pot of tea, if anyone cares for a brew.
            Its the same here MH I've been as far as my GH but thats it. GH overnight temp was 11c its only 12c in there just now. Oats are my fave breakfast with whatever fruit I have then topped with a spoon of yoghurt.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop had a lie-in this morning, so we're skipping tea and going straight to coffee here. Iced coffee in my case. If I'm lucky (very lucky), a piece of buttered toast might show up with it.

Wish we'd had your weather. Low of 24 ºC last night. No rain. Cloudy this morning, though. Slight possibility of rain later on. Fingers crossed. Although we're hoping to give one of the dogs a bath today. She won't get clean, just get a lot of moulting hair and seed heads out of her coat. As soon as she's done, she'll be rolling in whatever dust bath she can find. She actually looks dirtier after a wash than before.

Got the usual busy day today, so better get on with it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

It aeems, judging by the mud and puddles, to have rained all night here but at the moment it has stopped and an errant ray of sunshine is sneaking through the window and warming my knees😊🌝. Joy! It is only a chilly 13°C though.

More in hope than anticipation I've set a load of towels off in the washing machine.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Well, after a horrible wet weekend its dry and sunny.
                  Just 14 degs though so the tomatoes wont be ripening today.
                  Lots of jobs to do today.
                  Visiting the cemetary with flowers, my mothers anniversary,
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Evening

Flo ‘Young Sheldon’ is on E4 at 8 this evening, not sure if you knew

Thanks Bren, I did know and we've watched it already. He sounds strange now his voice has broken!

Morning All Cloudy here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Wish now that I'd done the washing - bet it rains tomorrow! I've been occupied till now making curry and some chicken wraps for the freezer. I cooked the chicken in the Air Fryer. My son managed to get the old seal back on the oven as the new one seems too tight, he'll have another try when he has more time. I'm determined to use the Air Fryer more as I'm told it's cheaper. I'm even considering buying another bread maker (I gave one away years ago), as you know, I'm not very good at bread Do the machines still leave a hole in the bottom of the loaf I wonder? Cup of tea time now

Comment

• Do the machines still leave a hole in the bottom of the loaf I wonder? Cup of tea time now

Hi Florence Fennel.
                        Yes they do leave a hole but on mine it's a small hole. I only got it on Friday - so far not very good as 2 inedible loaves! One was my error using a dough only option so it didn't cook and had collapsed - I cooked it anyway but it's in the food recycle bin now. The second loaf similar but I'm on the third one now and hope
                        third time lucky. Been to shop this morning to get new box yeast and bag flour Incase that's the problem.
                        ​​​​​

Comment

• Afternoon

I can’t help with bread makers Flo I’m still using my Kenwood Chef and dough hook. I know GF used hers regularly.

Tea and mince pie here
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 24-07-2023, 04:15 PM. Reason: Predicted text
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks mrsbusy I did wonder how you were getting on with your bread maker
                            I even fail with the Kenwood Bren!

Comment

• Yes Flo air fryers are cheaper to run than an oven and quicker you don't have the power usage to heat it up as you get the heat a lot quicker, I now have two, one that has a rotating paddle and the other a couple of drawers, and both used regularly, actually I have three, but don't think OH would be too chuffed if I used the third one in the kitchen, I use it for sterilising soil, have to go so keep safe folks and have a good day tomorrow

Comment

• Breadmakers: Yes, you still get a hole in the base but I'm so used to it now I just ignore it. I wouldn't be without my Panasonic but I tend to use the same program all the time these days. I use it at least twice a week and I'll be setting it off shortly on the timer to finish in the morning.

I bought a new gas cooker last year with two ovens and I can't believe how much faster it heats up than my previous one ever did. For a good year I didn't have a decent oven and ended up using my tabletop halogen one as there were none available in the shops that were exactly what I wanted. Since I got the new one Mr GF has been treated to all kinds of half forgotten goodies.

By the way, amazingly the thick towels dried outdoors today and smell lovely.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 24-07-2023, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X