• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Good thing those candles weren't lit at the time Snoop

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Parked up next to a river in a wood…all wonderfully calm.
      I still can’t believe I actually saw my first kingfisher in full flight. It was silhouetted against the sun at first but as it turned the flash of blue was incredible.
      Snoop - those candles are incredible- youdo know that we all need to see your attempts at straightening them so they can still be used?
      Not sure what today will bring but it mist certainly won’t be Mrs Mop stuff!

Gf…how did those Magnums taste?

Enjoy your day peeps
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Those candles! Have a good day, catch you later
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Bright and sunny but only 15 degs.
          Off out to the park for a long walk
          Hubby is doing the grory shop so I am free.
          Laundry out and drying in the breeze,

Great pic of the candles Snoop, wish you luck straightening them.

Have a great day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I suspect the candles won't get straightened, just the worst bent bits at the bottom cut off. It'll give Mr Snoop hours of fun trying to make smaller candles out of the bits he cuts off.

Good luck at the hospital, greenishfing (spotted on the cooking tonight thread).

Comment

• Hope your scan went well GF xx

Comment

• Thanks all. I'm sitting in the waiting room.....waiting now.

Comment

• Thinking of you gf x

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0894.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	2565394 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0900.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2565393
                    Morning n’all n’all

View from our camper this morning and yesterday….

Comment

• Heading home now…

Comment

• Morning, that's a nice peaceful looking view Nicos

Comment

• Good morning.

Those photos look really nice, Nicos.

One great improvement at the hospital yesterday. In the pre-scan paperwork they'd sent they said that if you wore suitable clothing, and went into detail, there would be no need to get undressed and put a hospital gown on. I went in leggings and a long T shirt and wireless, boneless undies and that was fine. I find hospital gowns so dehumanising and they instantly make me panic and want to run away so that improved the experience vastly.

The weather forecast for today is pretty awful. The torrential rain is supposed to start shortly.

Comment

• Morning all.

Nice views, Nicos.

10.30 am and it's so hot I think Mr Snoop has left it too late to do any outdoor work for the day. I was right about the candles, by the way. Except, and here's the novelty, he threw out the very worst bent bits. For Mr Snoop to throw them out, they must have been bad. Anyway, where once there were two long candles, we now have four stubby ones and two waste bits. Probably better. I always worry about tall candles. They seem more likely to get knocked over.

So, Friday. Got work to do, natch (as they say, though I think that might be the first time I've ever said it). A meeting this evening in the town hall over the annual fiestas. There used to be a lot of us on the committee but six have taken over. Probably just as well. Making decisions is much more difficult when there are lots of you involved. Anyway, I'm one of the ones that bailed out on the meetings (always with good excuse, honest, mostly because I never got notification in time), but feel the need to go today, just to show my face. Though goodness only knows what I'll be able to contribute. The discussion today, if WhatsApp is anything to go by, will be about the varying merits of florists in the nearby towns and the prices of bouquets for the church and assorted other places and people. Anyway, better not get fed up now about something that isn't due to happen for hours.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited: glad the hospital visit went OK, gf. Hope the results are good. And please send me some of that rain if you can.
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-07-2023, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Morning all, been missing in action, so not caught up yet, this post carries an advisory for the squeamish, but I felt the information might be useful for all.

On Sunday ! collapsed and ended up in a dash in an ambulance to hospital, having been ejecting blood, I'm now on the mend, so no worries. What I thought I'd share were the symptoms leading up to the rather traumatic conclusion, just in case you or a loved one goes through it.
                              I have polyps which caused my bleed, but it seems an internal bleed is not un common, no-one however gave me a list of clues if all was not well.
                              A loss of appetite was my first symptom, then severe lethargy then a collapse, so don't wander about like I did, if you feel crook, lie down or your body will do it for you.in an uncontrolled manner. Don't want to worry folk, but listen to your body when it's talking to you, don't carry on regardless.

Comment

• Good morning all from a rain soaked Dublin.
                                It's absolutely teeming down with no end in sight.
                                The temp is just 15 degs.

GF, goad all went well for you at the hospital yesterday and fingers crossed for a good result.

Burnie, what a horrible thing to happen to you, hope you're feeling better by now.

Snoop, you do make me laugh, you know Mr Snoop so well re making smaller candles,

Nicos, beautiful view, it looks som peaceful, you're so lucky.

Well, with the weather we're having it's going to be a Mrs mop day for me.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...