Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy anniversary to you both Flo enjoy your take out.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Phew it's warm out there. I've been weeding the containers and trying to get some weeds out of the paving stones, but I've admitted defeat with the paving stones
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Thanks Nicos! 51 years today and yes rary, I was a child bride
        Congratulations Flo, I hope the two of you have a good day, and yes I thought with that number of years married, you must have been a very young bride, just like myself, though I was a bridegroom, actually I am OHs toy boy, I think she just took advantage of me, her being so much older, there is fully three months of a difference, though I can't say to much against her as she has just bought me two boxes of wine for my birthday, but I haven't to get it till my birthday, wives can be so cruel😭
        ​​​​​​,
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, have been out in the garden and greenhouse today, potted on a number of flowers, planted out sweet peas, lettuce and onions and sown dwarf French beans, got a visit from our son who was down to borrow my power saw and grinder, went away with those, along with four bags of logs, then daughter dropped in she was dropping off the two boxes of wine OH is buying me for my birthday, I really should give them a try, after all they could go off by the time it's my birthday🙄 daughter went away with two bags of wood, I get the impression that those two are taking advantage of me🤔just back in after shutting greenhouse, and feel a lot cooler now, buthave left outdoor plants, uncovered, as the forecast says 10c and rain coming, don't know what I will do tonight, as eurovision song contest is definitely not something I will be watching, anyway I hope you all have a pleasant evening and if you get the chance pass on some smiles🙂🙂🙂
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Evening

Just a quick read while dinner cooks.
            Apart from a bit of morning shopping I’ve spent the day in the garden back in now to sort out dinner.
            Rary our forecast is 6 or 7c depending on the site so my plants are fleeced then others are in the kitchen.

enjoy your evening

Comment

• Good night all.
              It was a beautiful day do I spent it in the garden.

Happy anniversary to you Flo and Mr Flo, have a lovely evening.

Rary, my son and daughter sound like yours, they never go home empty handed when they call in.

Have a good night sll.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

It was a cool 6c in my GH overnight so I'm glad i took some plants indoors. Its supposed to be 19c this afternoon

I've spent time in the garden this morning watching a Robin thats nested in next doors shed its not the same one that was underfoot last year though.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

Dull here today. We even had a bit of very light rain last night. Nothing significant by any stretch of the imagination - barely covered the surface, and so light you could barely see it, just here the drops landing on hard surfaces - but still welcome. Mind you, nothing more on the horizon. Fingers crossed the weather folk are wrong on that and on the overnight temperatures, which are due to get very cold again next week.

Nice day yesterday. Went and had a good chinwag with the neighbour in the morning and a lovely nap in the afternoon. What a luxury! Better get down to a bit of paid work and strimming today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Looks like being a warm one here too. Have a lovely Sunday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, we had a long lie in this morning, not long out of bed, there is now a light fall of rain so if any gardening today it will be in the greenhouse, still haven't been out to check overnight temperature, but it felt very mild in the house, need to go and get ready for church, so will catch you later, enjoy you day whatever the weather and try and brighten someones day🙂😀🙂

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all….from a misty but warm beach on the northern French coast.
                        9 hrs sleep
                        Just been watching horses galloping on the sand, dog walkers, clam hunter/ gatherers( what’s the real name for that?)

Off to collect some seaweed Rary!…you’ve inspired us- thanks. We’ve already collected some dried cuttlefish for the chooks. Will also look out for some flatish pebbles for our granddaughter to paint.

Enjoy your day peeps!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos we call them clam diggers not sure if that’s the right word either.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            A very dull morni g but its dry.
                            Off to church shortly.
                            Out to lunch later.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

That east wind has gone so it's milder today, and the sun is trying to come out though it's still hazy. It was quite foggy earlier on.

I've had a sort out in the freezer this morning and defrosted and thoroughly cleaned it out. There was a lot of ice build up. I always promise myself I'll do it once a month, but somehow that never happens. I like to keep veg and fruit in separate baskets, but they soon get mixed up again when I'm trying to make something else fit. So dessert today will be a mixed fruit strudel that was hiding under all the bags of runner beans.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all. Hope you are all well. I’ve not had the best news this week re health so I’m going to take myself off for a break for a while. Will still pop in though to keep up with the goings on. Will be back once I’ve got my head round this. Meanwhile enjoy your day, I’m popping out for a coffee and cake!
                                Last edited by Jay22; 14-05-2023, 11:22 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X