This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Hopefully Snoop the boar found somewhere else to eat last night and wont bother you again.
    Our GH overnight low was 8c and its going to be that or a bit less for the next week it looks like my toms will be back indoors at night.

Enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Loads and loads of sploshy stuff overnight. We even had some thunder and lightning . Love that
      And it’s really windy
      Glad to hear we’ve scared away the boar Snoop - maybe it was him who has been scaring the smiles?
      We’re due more rain this morning so I’m going to go and do a quick grory hop of basics and fill up the car and jerrycans with petrol. There’s a small outdoor market on in that village so I maybe won’t resist the temptation to have a quick look at the plants for sale Would be rude not to eh?

Enjoy your day peeps.

ooo..ooo…just seen the smiles whizzing overhead…
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

I awoke at 4.20 am again. Aaargghhh! The birds were twittering away even though it was dark. I had a quick glance in here but tiptoed out as I didn't want to wake everybody up.

Grory hop today. I'm picking my brother-in-law up at 10.15 on the way. Hopefully it will be nice and quiet.

I don't know exactly what I did wrong to yesterday's blackberry buns but they look more like blackberry biscuits, although they still taste nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Rary - the frozen nettle tips will be used like spinach in soups, quiches etc later on in the year. They are better picked young apparently, Freezing them extends the time period over which we can use them. Very rich in minerals and vitamins
          Thanks Nicos, do you wash them before freezing or when you intend using them?
          As for your singing it wouldn't worry me,,,, I would just remove the hearing aid 😄
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All
            Waves frantically to Mr Snoop - very dangerous while spear sharpening.
            Cushion covers in the washer, though I'm a bit peeved as in my enthusiasm to launder things in this bright windy weather I broke a zip
            Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              Thanks Nicos, do you wash them before freezing or when you intend using them?
              I pick the top 2-3” of non flowering nettles, give them a good wash, quick rub with a tea towel then pop into a freezer bag. Like spinach,a lot doesn’t go very far, so if you have limited space in your freezer, then steam them first.
              Of course , you need gloves when handling them - until cooked - otherwise …well, you’ll wish you had!

If you cut back the whole stem, then once you’ve removed the tips the rest can go into the nettle ‘compost tea’ bucket.
              A very useful plant.

Theres quite a lot of info on line about cooking with them.Let us know how you get on!

Comment

• Good afternoon day of mixed weather bright warm sunshine then occasional light showers, overnight temperatures in the greenhouse was 12°c, and with this weather the weeds are jumping, in the neighbouring gardens ofcourse😁, w went down to the hospital today to try and get my hearing aid sorted, fortunately at times I am not picking up what OH is saying to me, but when we arrived there wasn't a parking space to be had, so went on to the GC for a coffee, then headed back to hospital got parked, into hospital only to discover that they were closed, 12 till 1 lunch time 2min past 12😬 will get it some other day, sorry there should be an "un" in there I will let you fit it in where you think it should go😁
                Last edited by rary; 10-05-2023, 12:41 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Just a quick good afternoon as I have been 7nable to gain access all day.
                  Off to collect my grandson from preschool.
                  Glad to be back.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Glad to see you back bramble! Do take screenshots if you think the problem is at our end… glad it’s sorted though

I’ve had a strange sort of day. Gite cleaning, sorting out solar lights in between showers, sowing more seeds but in situ, bit of family tree, chatting with family, lots of itty bitty things. - but not my PlanA of doing a grory hop and getting petrol. Looks like that’ll be a tomorrow event

Comment

• Evening

Its mostly been raining today so not much in the garden just some potting on and seed sowing.
                      Grory hop in the morning not to sure after that.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, while the sun was out I sterilised some of the soil that I have collected, we can still buy peat based compost here but I want to trial out how gardening was done before peat was widely used, that was sterilised soil and burn sand and compost, I mixed all three added B. F. B. and have now potted on some courgettes, fuchsia, begonias and sunflower, and I have potted on the same using compost and mixed in some B. F. B, I am hoping that the soil hold the water better than the peat free compost, will see what comes🙂

Comment

• Good morning, awake at 5 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep and as I will be going up to put the boys out to school I decided just to get up, looks as if there has been some light rain overnight, but off just now, checked the greenhouse where the overnight temperatures were 11°c have also opened up the cold frame and fed the birds, now off to get ready to go up to my sons. Have a good day and smile😊😊😊

Comment

• Morning all.

Good luck with your homemade compost, rary. Hope it works out. Do you think you'll be able to use it with your soil blockers?

Cool night, just as well the tomatoes and courgettes slept indoors. Another few nights of this and then I'll plant them out.

Plenty to do today. Strictly speaking, I'm off this morning to see the neighbour down the valley to collect some eggs, but probably no time for that. Friend of Mr Snoop's from schooldays coming to visit this afternoon. So lots of tidying on the cards, as well as the usual paid work. Off out for supper, though, so that will save some effort. Either way, the sooner I get started, the better.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Had my morning tea in bed Frank here now Drizzle started the day. Grory hop delivery this morning and a birthday cake to make for my future grandson-in-law for tomorrow. Fudge cake I think because he's a chocoholic.
                              Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

chilly night here too - loads of dew but no frost.

If anyone needs an excuse to celebrate or raise a glass today, well, it’s my daughter’s burpday- so please feel free

Off for a grory hop soon too - see you there Bren!

Enjoy your day peeps.. and enjoy your meal out Snoop!

See ya later…

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X