Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So from the above I take it Flo and bramble don't have much to say to friends and Relatives ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜
    Last edited by rary; 11-07-2023, 02:03 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all. Well, late afternoon.

Busy but productive day today. Really friendly people at the bank have provided me with all the paperwork I need for the tax authorities. Phew. Did a big shop while we were out and about too.

Absolutely sweltering hot, though. Not really a day for going out in a car that has no air conditioning, but needs must sometimes. Going to be a hot night as well - low of 25 ยบC forecast. This might be a night for the cold water bottle that LD recommended a while back. Hope you're doing well, lottie dolly.

Have a great evening everyone. Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

• Me again. Sorry about that.

Really warm night. Went to bed at midnight and it was still 33 ยบC outside. Not far off that in the bedroom. Much cooler this morning, thank goodness. High yesterday of 42 ยบC. Fingers crossed it's not that bad today.

Up early to get some work done while it's cool and I can concentrate. Will definitely be going for a nap later.

I'm guessing the smiles spent last night in cooler climes. Hope they make their rounds as usual.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All impromptu Frank' day. Long time since I've had two dogs in the house!
          Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin nโ€™allnโ€™all

Oh boy Snoop - Iโ€™ll try never to moan about my high temperatures .
            We had a lot of rain in the night so Iโ€™ll try and send some of it over to you?

Hibou stayed out until 1 am โ€ฆjust wouldnโ€™t come in. I was woken up by her scrapping with the local Tom cat. Youโ€™d think heโ€™d have learned to keep his distance wouldnโ€™t you? Once, the front lawn was covered in his white fur after a scrap with her. I hope heโ€™s ok. Sheโ€™s absolutely fine and was raring to go back out at 6am- probably to hunt him down again Butter wouldnโ€™t melt just looking at her
            I think Iโ€™ll be needing a siesta today too Snoop. I canโ€™t cope on 5 hrs sleep
            I was thinking of Lottie too just the other day. I miss her adventures and positivity .

Anyone fancy a brew?โ€ฆ. We replaced our kettle the other day and itโ€™s noticeably smallerโ€ฆ.but still enough to go round
            Mrs mop day today - might go out in the camper - weโ€™ll see.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Snoop I'm sure I'd melt if it reached 42c here hope its cooler for you today.

I hope I'm not speaking to soon but there's been a lack of cats around here lately I've not spotted any in the garden or out on the road very odd.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morni g all,
                Cloudy and cool here, it's just 14 degs.

Snoop, I cant imagine how you cope with that kind of heat.

A kind of a Mrs mop day here as well Nicos.
                It seems a long time since I had a day like that,

Having my grandson this evening so that's my day sorted.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

I'm so happy it's not over 40ยฐC here or even 30. I find the older I get the less I like heat, particularly damp heat.

The hairdresser came yesterday and I also did a big shop. Today it keeps trying to rain again but I've actually dared put washing out.

I'm going out soon to call round at my brother-in-law's as he didn't come shopping with us yesterday so I just want to make sure he's ok and doesn't need anything.

Comment

• Good afternoon, heavy clouds interspersed with some blue sky, had some work to do at the church this morning, then when back home our daughter had dropped in while she was out walking the dogs, she went home with a bag of potatoes and a cabbage, nice to see her (she phones us every day) but not sure it was a good thing giving her the veg., she might come back for more, anyway once she headed home OH had some washing to put out but was unsure about doing so due to 5he large dark clouds overhead, however I have two large sunshades which I put up giving her an area to hang the washing, we then went out for a run up the coast and called in at a garden centre for lunch, I also bought a perennial phlox plant while there, while walking around the plant area the heavens opened, and guess where I was at the time, at the furthest part of the area without any cover, I didn't have a jacket with me, and honestly shirts are no good for keeping rain off you, we then headed back home and after driving about a mile the roads were dry once home OH wanted the washing brought in incase it started raining, it was dry and as there is still no rain I am now going out to the garden
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night all.
                      The day stayed fine and sunny but we still had a strong breeze.
                      Got the laundry out, dried and back in without any showers.
                      Had my grandson for the evening.
                      All quiet now so I am going to read for a while.
                      Have a good night sll.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening. So much for putting the washing out. It got soaked twice and half dry twice before I gave in and brought it in.

I did call and check up on my brother-in-law to make sure he was okay and took him a pack of ripe nectarines. He was of course fine.

I just got an email from a frozen food store advertising packs of 3 salted caramel Magnums for ยฃ1. I thought this looked really cheap and was going to treat myself to a few tomorrow but then noticed they're vegan salted caramel Magnums. Has anybody tried them? I can't say I've ever fancied vegan ice cream.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                          I just got an email from a frozen food store advertising packs of 3 salted caramel Magnums for ยฃ1. I thought this looked really cheap and was going to treat myself to a few tomorrow but then noticed they're vegan salted caramel Magnums. Has anybody tried them? I can't say I've ever fancied vegan ice cream.
                          I guess the thing to do is buy a packet and eat one outside the shop. Then you'll know if you want to buy more for the freezer. Mr Snoop and I have been known to do this with special offer wine...

Morning all.

Bright but cool outside. Temperatures have definitely dropped a fair bit. Thank goodness. A bit of a respite before they go up again early next week, but at least the night-time temps should be manageable.

On the cards for me today: work, make some coconut and chocolate cookies for gifts (and some for us) and then probably a nap. Then more work. But feeling a lot less stressed now I've submitted all my papers to the tax folk. There is one rather odd mistake: it turns out one of my bills was submitted twice by my bookkeeper/accountant. So in fact I've paid more tax than I should have. Fortunately not a big bill so not that much tax. Can't see them refunding me four years after the fact.

The smiles did a bit of a flit around the house before heading on out. Enough to tempt Frankie in. He's been an outdoor cat these last few days. Comes in first thing, absolutely stuffs his face with cat biscuits, guzzles down a load of water and then heads back on out. More like a dog than a cat in his eating habits.

Right, on with the show. The sun is starting to shine in, so it's time to shut all the doors and windows.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

Did a grory hop yesterday and completely forgot to buy eggs, in spite of them being at the top of the list and underlined. I shall have to nip out today and get some. I also got some gooseberries from an honesty stall in the next village, so need more sugar to make some jam.

Snoop, I don't see why your tax won't be refunded. After all, if it was the other way round and you hadn't paid enough tax four years ago I'm sure they would chase you for it.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Chase me and fine me, mothhawk, you're right.

Forgot to post this: a photo of candles in the garage in the shade on the day it hit 42 ยบC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	359532190_2288926947974119_5794354297026569430_n.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2565328
                              Attached Files

Comment

• ^^^ What a great pic. They look as if they've got "brewer's droop". They must have caught it from the bottles!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X