This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon n’alln’all

I have just been caught in the supermarket after paying - not wanting to dash to the car as the rain was lashing down .
    I’d left OH raking up dropped cherries, he finished just in time apparently.

And now we’re about to set to podding broad beans in the hot sunshine

The humidity is a concern for the potatoes and tomatoes though…. Fingers crossed eh?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon. I've heard thunder rumbling in the distance on and off all morning and we kept getting light showers. It has just started raining properly though but no thunder or lightening yet. It is forecast.

I called and got more of the beautiful nectarines this morning and also the dozen new teaspoons that I ordered yesterday. I just hope that the black hole that has sucked all the old ones in doesn't like these.

Comment

• Snoop - I found feeding magnums to the workers seemed to keep up moral in the midday sun! Plus the promise of a few cold beers when they had finished!

Must be difficult being face blind ( my first thought was that things might be hindered by those leeks in front of your face?)
        One of our friends here is a Super recogniser …you two should team up!

Comment

• Hi gf…didn’t see you there!
          Check out your compost heap - I found that mine used to get accidentally chucked out with used teabags …sharp knives with veggie peelings…. and potato peelers with - yup, you guessed it- potato peelings….

Comment

• Our Mrs(or Mr) Tiggywinkle last year in the garden, they are around this year poop on the lawns.

https://lMrs Tiggy Winkle has an itch. by tigerburnie, on Flickr
            Last edited by burnie; 08-07-2023, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Aww…so sweet burnie

Comment

• Afternoon

Snoop I’m with you I hate jelly both dessert and sweets, it made going to parties as a kid awkward.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Late evening sll.
                  Well all the doom and gloom weather seemed to have passed us by.
                  We got the breezy dsy but the sun shone and no rain.
                  Got lots done outdoors, deadheading, weeding and tying in my tomatoes.

Jelly, my mother was a fan but, wouldnt allow greengage in the house.
                  She said it always reminded her of frogspawn !!!.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a storm we've had. It went on for hours. Bouncing rain, thunder and lightening. I'm sure something local must have been struck with lightening as at one point there was an almighty crash nearby but I couldn't see anything and didn't see or hear any emergency vehicles. It's just easing off now. I'm really glad I wasn't out in it.

I am a jelly lover as long as it's orange or lime and preferably with mandarin segments in it. Other sorts are okay as long as they are made with milk.

Comment

• Pre mornin n’alln’all
                      I like jelly too gf - raspberry or orange preferably with fruit in. I often add yogurt rather than milk.
                      Sounds like you had quite a storm there- I wonder what was hit?…hopefully nothing too serious.

We had some more rain in the night, so it’s just the pots needing watering today. That’ll save a lot of time.

There’s a vide grenier in a local village today which I’d like to make a quick visit to, but apart from that I think it’s going to be a pottering day.
                      Maybe even a siesta seeing as I’ve had a rubbish night’s sleep

Talking of puddings - one I struggled with at school was that pink blancmange with hundreds and thousands sprinkled on the top.- what on earth was that supposed to be?…talk about tasteless I’m a great custard fan but what the heck was that about?

Hibou is now demanding to go out so I best go and sort her out - she’s already offered me breakfast…a dried up orchid leaf. In retrospect it’d probably be tastier than that pink blancmange

Not seen the smiles yet - I guess the storms have made them wary?

Enjoy your weekend peeps - see you later

Comment

• Morning

Thunderstorms/lightening here as well from late afternoon till after I'd gone to bed, we had what looked like a river running down our road so now my butts are full and the garden feels better for it.

Eldest daughter wouldn't eat trifle when she was small because it had 'bread' in the jelly. We could never convince her any different even after she helped make the sponge cake, one half we eat once it cooled the other piece went in the jelly.

Enjoy your day
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Stormy last night and looking like another today. All the talk of jelly has made me want to make a trifle! Have a lovely Sunday
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Trifle?…yum , yes please Flo ( not too keen on booze in mine if that’s an option?)

Oh….that was presumptive wasn’t it ? * sits quietly hoping to be offered a bowl

Comment

• Morning all.

Terrific thunderstorm about 9pm last night which has watered the garden well, and there was another shower earlier this morning. everything looks refreshed.

I like jelly if it's H/M with real fruit, but never in trifle! Yuk! Trifle should be cake, fresh fruit (raspberries for preference), custard, and cream. And nothing sprinkled on the top either. Not even grated chocolate, thank you.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Sorry Nicos and MH - it will be my late MIL's favourite with sherry and jelly!
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X