This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon n’alln’all
    The sun has finally arrived….and it’s really really humid I guess I best start checking the outdoor tomatoes again for early signs of blight!
    My son has been on the phone today - one of his cats has gone missing for the past 3 days. He was wearing a Tile tracker on his collar, and although it was fully charged , it stopped working. So someone either manually turned it off or it has been destroyed. Doesn’t look likely he’s stuck in a shed with that situation. It’s awful seeing family so upset isn’t it? Such a sweet and timid cat too.

I didn’t garden, nor cook the apples, but sat and finished my book. It was nice just to stop and ignore my ‘to do ‘ list.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hope the pup is found CG,people can be so cruel sometimes and Nicos I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your sons cat, our pets really are part of the family!
      Well got some rubbish out of the attic…can’t believe what we keep!! My OH has said we’ve cleared enough that he can now get up and stand…in one corner. Oh dear how long is this going to take?!!
      sigpic

Comment

• How different one person is from another, someone dumping a dog and pups, another trying to find their cat, hopefully your son will find his cat Nicos, it's possible someone has decided to keep it if it's a good natured cat.
        I was out in the garden for a time and have planted out more lettuce along with leeks and kale, I also removed all the outdoor tomato plants I have removed all the tomatoes and have sat them on the windowsill hopefully they will turn red, though the forecast is for warm sunshine mid week I think its getting to cold for them outside now.
        Time to start making the tea, so I will wish you all a pleasant evening and an early goodnight ​​​​​​​
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

It looks like summers back for the next week temperatures of 23-26c.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          I didn’t garden, nor cook the apples, but sat and finished my book. It was nice just to stop and ignore my ‘to do ‘ list.
          No gardening here either yesterday Nicos we went to a fair then our grandaughter visited.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunshine already with more to come. Have a lovely Sunday
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

It's a very pleasant one here and it's forecast to get very warm this afternoon. Yesterday afternoon I had to go into the city to get something for Mr GF that he had forgotten. I would never shop on a Saturday through choice. He moaned like a two year old all the way that he was too hot. Roadworks and a big detour through the moronic one way system didn't help. One of the major roads just shut off....no workmen working, of course. On the way home I shut the windows, turned the aircon on full and dared "somebody" to moan they were cold. Somebody shivered in silence.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's going to be another noisy afternoon.The Victory Show is on this weekend (Sat and Sun) and the venue is only a mile and a half from us as the Spitfire flies.

All the aircraft use a nearby hill as a turning point in their circuits, so they come low over the village and we get a great view, but they are LOUD of course.

A lot of WWII aircraft fly past- I can recognise Spitfires, but I'm never sure of the others except the Lancaster bomber, which has that odd tail and rear gun position. Even after studying the pictures on the website, I'm no wiser when I see them in the air.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

te he gf- that made me chuckle Hope he’s not got pneumonia now?

Lovely and warm here today too. Dare I say hot?

Off on a Hospital visit today to visit a Book Club friend. Not seen him since pre Covid but he’s really ill and it’s not good news. Just thought we’d sit with him as no one else can visit today. He’s a lovely guy - so unfair.

Thanks for the kind remarks about my sons cat. Still not turned up

Enjoy your day- see ya later!

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Well, I know I asked if you could send me some rain, but I didn't mean everybody's all at once. I was even bailing out our corral at one point! Anyway, all good. It has fallen over a long period so plenty will have soaked in and, as our drainage channel is a fast-flowing river at the moment, there will be plenty to replenish the rivers and reservoirs. Brilliant. If a bit wet at the moment. What a relief. I know it's getting a bit late, but I might even see about putting in some plug plants for late winter/spring brassicas and maybe some calçots. No promises, mind.

No idea where the smiles spent the night. Either that or they went for a canoe down our new river and will head back later.

Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy the show, mothhawk.

Edited: Sorry to see your son's cat still hasn't turned up, Nicos. I was hoping it would have done.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-09-2023, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• That sounds exciting MH!
                      We used to live fairly near an airbase where they had Lancaster bombers flying overhead. They don’t half make your lungs rumble/vibrate when they pass overhead!

I guess there can’t be that many spitfires and Lancaster bombers in flying condition any more?

Comment

• I read up about the Lancaster bombers - they are rather special as there are only two airworthy ones now- one in the uk and the other in Canada. Thought you might appreciate it more knowing that MH

Comment

• And only 60-70 airworthy spitfires.( depends on where you look on goooogle)

Not many is it?
                          Last edited by Nicos; 03-09-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Brill news about the rain Snoop! Very relieved for you x

Comment

• Good afternoon, warm here also today, though lots of clouds in the sky, was at church this morning, where it was nice and cool and now Ihave started making my boot cleaner though stopped just now for a coffee, and later I intend shifting some soil in preparation for splitting the raised bed, I have one reduced size sorted and planted out, I am hoping that I don't have to cut through another 15inch log, if I do it might be easier to empty the bed and turn the logs, but that means about 10cube of soil to be shifted, though my calculations of voluum might be all wrong and lifting the soil isn't a problem but storing it will be, once I get the split area cleared I will assess the situation then, I might thinking problems into it so time will tell, time to get back out and get some work done
                              Have a good day and be thankful you are not on holiday in Spain, thinking of you Snoop I know you needed rain but hope you don't get too much of it now
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
                                What a beautiful day, its 23 degs here.

Snoop, delighted you got your rain at long last.

Nicos, sorry to hear your sons cat hasn't been found, fingers crossed.

Have a good evening all and dont forget the sun cream.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X