X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    A stent in the eye and only fairly uncomfortable... bramble. That sounds like a huge understatement. Hope you make a speedy recovery.
    Bramble I think you’re brave I’m a wuss with anything to do with eyes. I don’t even like the puff of air test opticians do to test your eye pressure.
    Hope you soon feel back to normal xx
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 01-09-2023, 07:01 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all
      Summer has returned. Dog to walk in a minute or two then working this morning before outdoor fence work resumes (with some gardening I want to do thrown in).
      Enjoy your day. The kettle has boiled.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, sun’s up but first morning I’ve felt it chilly. Todays chore is to try and get rid of some stuff which has been hibernating in the attic for years. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it.
        Glad to hear the op went well bramble. I’m with Bren when it comes to eyes, gives me the heebie jeebies!!
        Have a great day everyone. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Its sunny here as well Jay with an overnight low of 15c in my GH oddly the day before the low was 9.4c a big difference. Hoping to get get lots of gardening done thoday.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Gardening for me too today, hope it stays fine. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Well, I’m glad you all have the sunshine!…it’s been drizzling here all night and the garden is sopping wet.
              Plan B…..cooking down windfalls instead of gardening..hopefully more weeding this afternoon.
              Plenty of ironing if push comes to shove

I cooked and stoned a load of grubby plums yesterday and OH is planning on making plum sauce with them, still got more plums to do as I can’t really freeze them whole.

enjoy your day peeps….
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, cool but the sun trying to break through the clouds, will take a walk up the town for some rolls, then just tidy up around the garden, I intend to take a wee rest today, have a good day folks and hopefully enjoy what you do
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Unlike you to have a rest, rary . Hope you enjoy it.

Grey, cloudy and a bit damp here this morning. A decent drop of rain last night, very brief but very heavy. Little bit more forecast for today and tomorrow. Overall, nowhere near the amount they were forecasting a few days back, but anything is better than nothing.

Had a very nice day yesterday. Went out shopping and even for lunch in a cheap bar: someone else did the cooking and the washing-up and the food was more than acceptable, so all good. Need to catch up today, mind. But also all good. I'm inspired by my new patisserie book to get through the work as quick as I can. Tell you what, it always pleases me to see that the French and the Italians really appreciate a good jam tart. Call it a crostata and all of a sudden it's fancy. I love jam tarts, as you can probably tell! Doubtless the smiles will as well when they turn up. I think they were put off coming home by the rain.

Have a great day, everyone. And a special shout-out to lottie dolly. Long time, no hear. Hope you're doing well. x

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Evening

Bramble I think you’re brave I’m a wuss with anything to do with eyes. I don’t even like the puff of air test opticians do to test your eye pressure.
                    Hope you soon feel back to normal xx
                    Bren, I really hated the thought of it and was so apprehensive but it seemed the only option to save my sight.
                    Glaucoma is incurable but taking the pressure off the eye by draining it with a stent seems to become way of helping.
                    I am actually feeling a bit traumatised by it all. But relief that its overl. 😎

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Snoop I said intend to to have a wee rest, not would or will, the way its clearing and heating up I think I will be busy
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        The sun is shining and its 15 degs right now.
                        The laundry is drying so we are going for a walk in the park.
                        Wont be doing much today but hoping to pick some blackberries later.
                        Have a lovely day all.
                        Just to say, what lovely caring peeps we have on here.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Have a great day, everyone. And a special shout-out to lottie dolly. Long time, no hear. Hope you're doing well. x
                          I hope so too Snoop and the same about burnie whom I've not seen around lately
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Bramble, I hope you get over you trauma quickly. You really were brave.
                            I'm another wuss. The mere thought.........🥴

It was grey and miserable earlier but the sun now keeps peeping out from time to time and I've got washing drying outside including my Dunelm sheet that eventually arrived a day late. I always wash new bedding before using as Mr GF tends to be allergic to the finish on new fabric.

I think I'll go and make us poached eggs on toast for lunch now.

Comment

• Was just sitting having my lunch earlier, when I thought, what will I do today, when OH mentioned something about cleaning out some drawers, so have spent 5he last two hours out in the garden, I have moved some slabs into positition, and bored holes through the concrete for securing pins, also cut up some wood to make a frame for a boot scrubber, as OH complains if my shoes or boots have a wee bit of dirt on them, just having a quick coffee then back out, before she thinks of anything else that might need done

Comment

• Well it's been lovely and warm.
                                This morning we spotted a missing pup so been trying to contact forestry. A mum and her pups were dumped locally locally and everyone has been trying to locate the last 1 or 2 pups. What is wrong with people doing that. The pups are about 8months too. A scent trail has been left from its mum to where we saw it today. Hope this works.

Work sorted then emptied soggy compost bin and churned it, mixed things in and put it back.
                                need to feed some things and pick more tomatoes.
                                Bbq later
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X