This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon n’alln’all

couldn't get on here earlier..but I’m here now - can you smell the cinnamon buns cooking?

Off out for a walk along the river and through the woods later. It’s drizzling so as it’s undercover of the trees it should be a tad dryer.

I’ve managed to freeze a lot of our Xmas left overs Snoop.

Enjoy your day - whatever the weather

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Evening!
      I was just wondering Flo…how did your Yule Log go down?
      Possibly the wrong choice of words there Nicos
      though good to see that Flo was pleased with the results
      Last edited by rary; 29-12-2023, 01:54 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, we actually have it dry today, was out for some shopping and now grabbing a bite before going out to seal around the breather pipe for the composter, just hope this works as it will make it a bit easier for tubing the compost. Have a good day enjoy whatever you do and keep warm and smiling
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• ^Rary, I can't remember what you've done to drain off water from the composted material. I'm watching this project with interest.

Comment

• Snoop that should have read. " turning the compost" and that's simply because I would be standing above it, at present I use a brown bin as well as 4ft high 2•5 X 2•5ft container neither of which is easy to turn, which is why I put a lot of compost material straight onto the garden, the tubing is from a quarter inch diameter watering system and I put that in to allow air in as fridge door seals are air tight, as for any liquid I use a lot of cardboard/paper to absorb the liquid, that way the compost from both sections should, I hope, he rich in nutrients,I reckon that both sides will finish up as wormaries eventually
            Last edited by rary; 29-12-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Here's a photo of the cyclamen that I got free of charge last week, which I thought was a great price

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                Here's a photo of the cyclamen that I got free of charge last week, which I thought was a great price

Where's the photo?

Comment

• Come on Rary….. I want to compare it to my reduced 1€ Lidl ones!

Comment

• Good to know it’s not just me who can’t see the photo.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Maybe it’s a cryptic clue…..did he really get a freebie?….. the plot thickens…..

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231229_162138.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	2572930 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231229_162138.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	2572931
                        I think I Will have to stop drinking so much??????tea

Comment

• Morning

That's a healthy looking cyclamen Rary you'll have to let us know how those free peas get on.

Heavy rain here today so not much happening out in the garden.

Enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nice looking cyclamen, Rary. I have about as much luck with them as I do with poinsettias.

It is noisy here this morning. A sound we rarely hear, seagulls. I can hear a flock of them squawking nearby. I know when I was a child we were told they came inland in bad weather but I don't know if that applies any more as it seems a lot of the things I learned then are wrong nowadays.

It is cold, wet and a miserable 6°C here with rain forecast to continue all day. The ground is a complete bog already.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very pretty cyclamen, Rary. Always remind me of my dad. And thanks for the notes on your composting fridge. Let us know how it goes.

So, guess what? Bright blue here this morning. Wasn't entirely expecting that. Maybe your windy weather has sucked or blown all our clouds along with it. Just had a look at the long-term forecast. Wet weather coming supposedly. Supposedly...

Plenty to keep me busy today. But might have a look at a cake recipe or two. Try something different.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Raining and only 4 degrees here. Sausage rolls to make today. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X