This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

It's a wet one again here. There's quite a lot of standing water around so I hope it doesn't freeze in the near future or we'll be skating.

Today a trip to the supermarket is on the cards. I need milk, yoghurt and other such staples of life. My brother-in-law is feeling a bit better but not back to normal yet, I'll see if he needs anything too.

Yesterday was dreary and rainy so I went online and ordered some clothes for Mr GF. They were in the sale and I ordered on "click and collect". As I can't get him to actually go into shops these days and certainly not into changing rooms it's a civilised solution.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Dull and drizzly again. Grory Hop delivery due. I substitute condensed soup when I'm feeling too lazy to make a sauce Nicos, mushroom, chicken or celery. Thanks Bren I'll look. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Dull, wet and windy here.
        A trip to the supermarket to pick up few bits but otherwise no plans.
        Unfortunately it's too miserable to get out for a walk,
        I have jigsaws and puzzle books do they should keep me entertained.
        Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Another really cold start to the day, but very grey and dull. So nowhere near as jolly as the last few days. And nowhere near as bad as Storm Gerrit by the look of it. Hope you're all safe and sound and no-one's home has been flooded.

Not much on the cards here. Mr Snoop has gone out with the dogs (too cold earlier) and I'm sitting at the computer, pretending to work and trying to think of what healthy food we could have that won't require a visit to the shops. Time to raid the freezer, I think.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning everyone.

Did a quick grory hop earlier for basics like milk, apples etc, and called at the library to snatch up a few books - left my glasses in the car and couldn't be bothered to walk back for them, so the books are a bit pot luck! Wanted some eggs from the butcher, but he's still closed for the holidays. Open again tomorrow but I'm not sure I shall venture out, Friday is a very busy day, not usually any free parking spaces, and I resent paying for the car park just for a 5 minute stop to pick up eggs.

It's breezy here, drying up the rain, there's a fair bit of flooding in the fields where the brooks are over their banks. I feel sorry for those poor folks in Stalybridge hit by the mini tornado in the middle of the night. it must have been scary.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• MH I’ve just been reading about Stalybridge on the BBC news so much damage in short length of time.

We did a Grory hop this morning the store was almost empty so a quick in and out then back home before the rain started.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, dull and a bit wet here today, though have managed to get out and saw up some wood and also have the wood burner on in the greenhouse where it's a nice cosey 28c so it's nice to pop into when the rain comes on, I have also bored holes in doors of the freezer and fridge parts of the composter, fitted hard plastic tubing through the holes then fitted the tubing with a drip feed nozel to use as an air inlet if I get it dry I will seal around the tubing, hopefully this should keep any undesirables such as flatworms out, just in for a quick lunch then back out, hope you all have a pleasant day and I am sending you some smiles
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I visited my brother-in-law this lunchtime and then did a quick grory hop as I really don't want to have to go when it gets nearer to the Bank Holiday and there is queueing in the aisles. I got soaked to the skin as I left the supermarket. The weird thing today was I seemed to need a lot less than usual and it cost much less than normal. What am I going to run out of?? Certainly not chocolate, booze or cheese .

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    It turned out be a bright and very breezy afternoon.
                    I took a chance and got two lines of laundry dry.
                    We had a shower later in the evening but by then all the clothes were dry.
                    The supermarket was empty so it was a just quick in and out.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening!
                      I was just wondering Flo…how did your Yule Log go down?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

We have sunshine and no rain forecast for today, I'll be able to get in the garden and clear away the many branches and twigs scatted around. Then just general tidying up after the last storm.

Hope you're all sharing my sunshine.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

M and family set off this morning, so it's just us and the neighbours down the valley for the next couple of months. Feel like I've eaten enough food already for those couple of months. Lots of Christmas bottles that haven't been opened though, so not done too badly on that front at least. Still New Year and Kings' Day to get through, though.

Very grey and dull today. Frost at bedtime had thawed by this morning, though. A surprise, as the cold weather is supposed to continue for the foreseeable future. Yet more work has arrived today, so that will keep me busy and the bank manager happy. And that's it. Nothing else to report. Except those long hot water bottles are an absolute marvel.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Evening!
                            I was just wondering Flo…how did your Yule Log go down?
                            Felled, chopped up, devoured and declared delicious with no ill effects thank goodness! It was a Saturnalian miracle

Comment

• Good Morning All. Very blustery and cold, but sunny for now. Have a good day

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Felled, chopped up, devoured and declared delicious with no ill effects thank goodness! It was a Saturnalian miracle
                                Well done then!….nice feeling isn’t it?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X