Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fact, they don't actually eat any cake, just enjoy the delightful aromas. Your brandy cream, GF, was a big attraction. Left them a bit groggy the next day.

Bren, I imagine they'd be just as interested in savouries as sweet. Have you never noticed them around a particularly just-right briam or savoury pie?

Comment

• Afternoon!
      Just finished lunch
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, up at seven this morning, I know that would have been eight yesterday but was up twice through the night with OH, unfortunately as I am one of those people who can at times, feel fully rested after a ten minute nap, this meant it was a considerable time before I got back to sleep and would have been quite happy to sleep on, after giving OH her breakfast and medication I got some house work done, then helped OH out of bed, (how thing change​​​​​​) got her settled before getting her to do her exercises, our daughter came down to let me get to church, after which between attending to OH I have been doing a jigsaw along with starting a Conn Iggulden novel, I really need to move 5he jigsaw to the conservatory for better light, but being a bit deaf I wouldn't hear if OH needed me, so, will wait till things get better, have a good evening and remember when out tonight or tomorrow try to pass on some smiles
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          Good evening, up at seven this morning, I know that would have been eight yesterday but was up twice through the night with OH, unfortunately as I am one of those people who can at times, feel fully rested after a ten minute nap, this meant it was a considerable time before I got back to sleep and would have been quite happy to sleep on, after giving OH her breakfast and medication I got some house work done, then helped OH out of bed, (how thing change​​​​​​) got her settled before getting her to do her exercises, our daughter came down to let me get to church, after which between attending to OH I have been doing a jigsaw along with starting a Conn Iggulden novel, I really need to move 5he jigsaw to the conservatory for better light, but being a bit deaf I wouldn't hear if OH needed me, so, will wait till things get better, have a good evening and remember when out tonight or tomorrow try to pass on some smiles
          Not being funny Rary but if you need to hear can any younger members of the family lend you a baby monitor for a short time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Bren, I imagine they'd be just as interested in savouries as sweet. Have you never noticed them around a particularly just-right briam or savoury pie?
            Snoop sometimes I think they’ve taken up residence in our kitchen.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^That must be nice, Bren In Pots.

Meanwhile, back on the ranch here, very cloudy and rain forecast. Going to have to put the generator on in a bit for an hour or so, I think. Noisy but necessary, as I've got lots to do this morning and the internet will be essential.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here for most of the day, plenty to do in doors though. If I'd got some sunshine I'd have sent it you Snoop.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all.

We're back to grey with rain again. Between that and early darkness I wonder why humans have never adapted to hibernating in Winter.

Jay, I hope you've only got a mild dose of covid and recover quickly.

I'm sitting here struggling to decide what we're having to eat this evening. I got chicken thighs out of the freezer last night to defrost in the fridge, but I'm getting no inspiration. Goujons? Soup? Risotto? Pie? Curry? Sweet and sour? I've just taken a loaf out of the breadmaker and I think the smell of fresh bread is over riding every thing else. Maybe I'll let Mr GF decide.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here too, but I've plenty to do and the washing will have to wait. Have a good day All
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      We too have grey skies and rain forecast, although it was already raining at stupido’clock when Hibou demanded to go out through the back door,saw it was raining…then demanded to go out through the front door- then just sat down in the open doorway watching the rain fall
                      Today I have promised myself I’ll get that bedding ironed I know!…I too wondered what had come over me
                      Just need to find a couple of films to see me through and then I’m sorted

Enjoy your day…you’ll know exactly where to find me
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                        No rain here a fairly bright sky.
                        The laundry is out but very little breeze, I hope they dry as I have another lot waiting to go out.
                        Not a lot on the cards today, grandson is coming for lunch,
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Not being funny Rary but if you need to hear can any younger members of the family lend you a baby monitor for a short time?
                          Thanks for the suggestion gf but unfortunately? none of the grandchildren have any family yet, and before you start wondering, if they are old enough to have children, what age is he, please remember I was married very very young
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning just a quick note to say its a nice morning with the sun breaking through the clouds, though a cold breeze blowing, unfortunately still won't be able to get out to the garden, been up since the back of six, so have got all the floors washed, place hoovered and dusted, washing done, and now need to go as the nurse is coming in have a good day

Comment

• I'm back again. I've just changed our bedding and we've now gone onto the brushed cotton Winter bedding. 😣 I'll have to put away my sandals next I suppose ☹. I don't do shoes, I just go from sandals to boots, and it's really not boot time yet.

Nicos, two films worth of ironing. That sounds like a punishment! I hope you treat yourself later.

Comment

• Evening

It feels like that time already seeing as it’s been dark for nearly an hour.

Not much to show for today some domestics, made a couple of birthday cards then caught up on reading.

I did venture into my GH to see if I can spot where the auto vents letting in rain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X