Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really sorry to hear about that man, Flo. Puts things in perspective.

Comment

• Morning another dry day here plenty to do outdoors including going for a stroll at some point.

Enjoy your Sunday
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Been looking at photos of all the flooding across the UK. Some shocking pictures. Hope you're all OK.

Bright sunshine again today. But a freezing cold wind. The bird that has been roosting in the barn next to the kitchen found itself a much warmer spot in the barn last night, tucked away in the corner under a pelmet-shaped shelf about 30 cm above our heads every time we go in and out the door. The cosiest spot it could have found anywhere nearby short of being in the kitchen with us. Smart bird. Must have decided we were safe while it was roosting much higher up.

Had a lovely day yesterday with our Italian friend. But it's nose to the grindstone today. Ah well, it'll pay for the IKEA shelving units I ordered the other day in the vain hope that shelves will somehow put my whole life in order.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Having listened to heavy rain bouncing off the window for most of the night, we woke up to blue skies and sunshine.
          Both fires lit, so we’ll be cooking something in the woodstove today. I’ve got salted ham and sausage defrosting and beans soaking so it’s going to be a casserole…plus a quiche of some for another time. I’m quite fancying a rice pudding too, so it looks like the wood will be paying for itself today!…and the house will smell lovely. Perfectly homely for a cold day.

No definite plans for today but I do need to do some freezer dipping to check out what we’ve got

Keep safe and warm peeps- with all the ice forecast there are going to be some nasty falls….
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin Snoop - and Bren! you snuck in there
            Now you’ve got me thinking I best do some baking too!

How lovely being able to keep an eye out on a bird like that….really lovely.

edited to add Bren
            Last edited by Nicos; 07-01-2024, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Just started to rain here. Breakfast on the way. Have a lovely Sunday
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                We have had the first heavy frost, the place was white when we woke up.
                It's a beautiful sunny morning but just cold.
                Enjoy your Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin

Brrrrrr….cold innit?

We finally have our electrician here signing off our recent lighting in the cellar and outside lights!…yippee
                  Thats going to make life easier now.

I’ve got a small amount of ironing to do today then after that attack lots of little jobs around the house. Outside pottering isn’t appealing to me right now!

Whats everyone else up to? I think I need a boost of enthusiasm today

Whatever you do, share a smile as Rary would say…..

Comment

• Morning

I've not ventured out yet Nicos, will do soon though to hang out laundry and check my GH. Can't help with enthusiasm though I think the cold weather scared it off.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      I have decided to go off the Vine,, I have requested a new password several times , to which I was notified I would get an email, still waiting, I then tried registering under a new name and with that I would get an email to confirm or whatever still waiting so have decided to give up I wish you all well and if I don't come me back I do hope I have never offended anyone, if I have it was not intended I thank you all for your friendship and wish you well in your gardening
                      rary Admin have fixed the email problem so you'll be able to change your password.

Comment

• Good morning. It's cold, grey and cloudy here. At least the car and pavement are not frozen which is a plus as I'm taking my brother-in-law to an appointment at the surgery this morning and he is wobbly at the best of times.

I'm going shopping to try and find my niece a birthday present later. My sister has given me some ideas.

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly out there, says Mr Snoop, who has just returned from walking the dogs. Would you like the range on, he then asks. Yes, I answer. Thought you would, he replies, as he starts to clean it out. I really am very spoiled.

The new working year starts today. Emails are pinging in already. So better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All. No frost here despite the cold. I've been lazing in bed with my book. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              No frost this morning just clouds and its 4 degs.
                              I have two birthdays coming up this week so I am going into town gift hunting.

Snoop, it's good to hear you're being spoiled, you seem to work hard.

Nicos, no enthusiasm to spare here, it's just a case of hoping it will turn up soon.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, cold and frosty here today. Down in Ayrshire for a few days so have the fire going and not doing much else. Managed out for a short walk…still suffering a bit from Covid fatigue. No enthusiasm for doing much here either.
                                Hope you all have a lovely day and hope rary sees your message Bren!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X