Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from having my ears lowered Got a proper drenching on the way back to the car, it's siling it down! In case you don't recognise that word it means pouring
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Flo
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Your hair looks nice Flo
        Thanks Bren!

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Back from having my ears lowered Got a proper drenching on the way back to the car, it's siling it down! In case you don't recognise that word it means pouring
          Tae be honist sumtimes Ah canny unerston the words yeasedown here, bitdiny stop it gid tae luck it how eithers speak
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Th'art oreight rary, al geeyore

Comment

• Ooo…just had a thought…some of you/us?will now be speaking the King’s English

that sounds really strange doesn’t it?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I hadn't realised that either Nicos. Bet you recognised the Yorkshire twang

Comment

• It does sound really weird to me to say the King's English. Or the King's anything. But I "dunt think wi iver talked reet rarnd 'ere." At this point I will admit that I was born in Barnsley and brought up in a small mining village just outside, "and tha carnt get moor Yorkshire than that, can thi?"

Comment

• Hi All,
                    Not raining here just very dull as we get closer to the dark and all the nasties that come out at night....

Geoff.

Comment

• Morning, all. Morning, Geoff. Nice to see you back.

Very cold night again. Back into frost temperatures. Shame as our local plum tree is in blossom and it's right in a frost pocket. Due to get even colder at the weekend.

Lots to do today, as per, and not much motivation to do it, either. I'd much rather be in bed. Still finding the clock adjustment a bit disorientating. I might have to wake myself up by getting Mr Snoop to make me a coffee with toasted hot cross bun! Anyone else as wants a hot cross bun had better speak up, as there aren't many left. Sorry they're not very perfumed - my mixed spice is rather old.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop I do like hot cross buns thanks, especially homemade ones, there's only me who likes them so I just buy a couple from the local bakery these days.

Of out soon hoping to get back before the rain comes.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here too. Himself just back from taking the car to have new brake pads fitted, so coffee being enjoyed. I wouldn't mind one of your hot cross buns Snoop please, haven't had one for years.
                          I've thrown away the last bouquet I had for my retirement and it seems like a closure. Best get on with the new chapter
                          Have a good day All

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            New chapter indeed Flo!…and you’re going to love it!

Ooo…hot cross buns! I love them too but can’t cope with candied peel. I was surprised as how many different flavours you can now buy in theUK shops!
                            Last year OH made some which were more like a cross between a cinnamon roll and hot cross bun and they were lovely….I’ve already put my order in!

The sun is starting to peep out so I’m off out into the garden.
                            I meant to say that when we were out the other day, I noticed that I’d never seen so many daffodils out at the same time!…Both wild and in gardens. I wonder if the weather has causes early to flower late and late ones to flower early, or maybe last years weather bulked up the bulbs in such a way that fewer came up blind?
                            Is that the case just here or is it something everyone is noticing?

See ya later peeps - enjoy your day!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Raining here glad I’m indoors for the rest of the day.

You’ll soon get used to retirement Flo and wonder how you fitted everything in before.

Comment

• Good afternoon, was dry this morning, but was out to get some paint for son, and as we were passing by a GC I Iet OH talk me into having a coffee, and a bowl of soup plus a fruit scone, but no buns, the last time buns were mentioned between us, I finished up being threatened, when all I said was, your buns are getting a bit big ah well if it hadn't been that I would have got into trouble for something else ​​​​​​, back home just before daughter and oldest grandson arrived at doorstep, as they were out walking the dogs, daughter going back to work tomorrow after being off for the past four weeks with broken ribs, had to run then home as we now have heavy rain, just going to check that my eyelids are working properly, before going to pick up one of the grandsons from school, enjoy the rest of the day whatever the weather and try passing on some smiles
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X