This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all.
    It was a lively mild day so spent it in the garden.
    Only now cutting back all the old dahlia and verbena foliage
    Raking and weeding and a tidy up of the greenhouse.
    I now have soil ready to sow my saeetpeas tomorrow.
    H ave a good evening all..

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

The gritters just gone past so it looks like being frosty again.

Went for a walk this afternoon staying on the roads rather than the sludgy fields.
      Spotted some Cormorants flying over.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
        Another light frost and clear sky. The frost has no apparent effect on the greenfly that I can see already on the shoots of a climbing rose. I wish the ladybirds were as keen to get started!
        Time for another cuppa I think
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Well, I've just looked at the weather forecast. Now wish I hadn't... There was a feeble attempt at snow last night. Looks like it will snow later and also pour with rain today and tomorrow. The dirt tracks will be awash with mud. Better go and get some more firewood in... As if I didn't have enough to do already today. Gah!

Good luck with the greenfly, mothhawk. Despite the cold, I've got those grey mealy aphids developing on some of the caulis and broccoli as well.

Have a great day, everyone.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-02-2023, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Another frosty start -2.2c in my GH luckily no sign of greenfly but there's been bugs on my GH lettuce and some slug damage

Of for a stroll later.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Grey and dull but 8 degs and dry,
              No bugs or flies on the horizon yet, but its early days.
              Off out for a walk.
              Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny again. Waiting for delivery of some ingredients for the bake. I've decided on peanut butter and raspberry brownies and a Victoria sandwich, both vegan and recipe from T***o! My that chocolate is expensive. I always have a problem with brownies sticking to the greaseproof lining, any tips welcome. Hope you have some fancy wellies Snoop, sounds like you'll need them. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo have you tried Silicone baking paper?
                  I bought some from Tesco years ago but looking at the reviews they’ve changed the product.
                  Other retailers will stock it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Flo have you tried Silicone baking paper?
                    I bought some from Tesco years ago but looking at the reviews they’ve changed the product.
                    Other retailers will stock it though.
                    Not tried that Bren, thank you and will look, but may not be able to get it for this time's bake.

Comment

• Found it Bren and will be delivered tomorrow, so let's hope it arrives in the morning!

Comment

• Not a bad day. I've done a grory hop and we took my brother-in-law with us to do his too. I also gave him his birthday present (81 this week) and invited him for a meal at the weekend.

We had a frost last night and although the thermometer now says 8°C it certainly doesn't feel that warm. It's also grey and miserable. We're forecast another frost tonight.

Comment

• I've just put the heating on and I'm about to bring in the washing. It's nowhere near dry despite the sunshine, but it will smell nice. Clothes horse out again

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                            Found it Bren and will be delivered tomorrow, so let's hope it arrives in the morning!
                            I like silicone paper it’s reusable for a few times it’s handy when I’m making crackers.

Comment

• Good evening, had a bit of a busy day today, without doing or getting much done, had to go up to our sons before 7 this morning to get the boys up and out to school, once back home got ready to go shopping, followed by a visit to our friend, once home I took sons dog out for a walk before getting the hoover out to run it over the floors had got half way through this when we had a visit from a neighbour, so of course that meant making a cup of tea, and having a blether, (of course OH was, doing the bletherin, I discussed things🙄) got the hoovering finished just before youngest GS came in from school, so passed a bit of time with him, before his brother came in, had an early tea as I had to take oldest GS to some community thing that he is doing as part of his DofE work, then back home to prelair for the garden club, now going to relax and have a read, enjoy your day tomorrow and remember to pass on smiles. Goodnight
                              ​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

Freezing fog here so I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere this morning.

Flo I hope your brownies don't stick after recommending that silicone paper. I've not made those for years usually i just make scones, carrot cake or crackers these days and not forgetting bread.

Enjoy your day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X