Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just come indoors after a day of gardening in the sunshine. It’s 18C now in the shade- hotter in the sun. I’m thinking maybe I should have applied suncream
    All the lawns and field are now cut and looking lovely.
    I just need a new back. Anyone got a spare one just for this evening?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The rain actually stopped for a time and though cloudy, it was quite pleasant outside, so decided to cut up some logs, got some cut up before going to collect grandson, once back made the tea then out to the greenhouse for a wee while, will now finish this then have a read, by the way when signing in I noticed, not for the first time I must add a reference to a podcast could someone tell me what a podcast is as I honestly don't know anything about such things, but for now I wish you all a goodnight
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        . But I "dunt think wi iver talked reet rarnd 'ere." "and tha carnt get moor Yorkshire than that, can thi?"
        I think your right GF, as I can understand what you are saying
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here but warmer than yesterday. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• rary - Podcast = shelling peas

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's 10°C and sunny here. Although I now try and forget birthdays I had three texts this morning before 8am, one from one of my sisters and one each from two of my nieces. I felt my phone vibrate under my pillow.

The hairdresser is coming at lunchtime and I think we're going out for something to eat later. I can't decide where to go. If I go out I want something I can't cook well myself and really like or something it isn't worth making for two. I have long lists of things I would never order in a restaurant. I also hate eating out when there are noisy children around me. Obviously I am getting harder to please as I get older........

Comment

• Morning, have been in South Ayrshire for a few days. It’s been a great break, bracing walks on the beach and countryside have blown the cobwebs away for a bit. Weather was mixed but I’m past caring about that now, just great to be here.
                Hope you are all well. Still got this cough but seems there are lots of people with it and it’s taking weeks to move on.
                Anyhoo, laundry to do so will catch up with you later. Have a great day. x
                sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  Rain. Can’t complain though after yesterdays weather

Many happies gf.
                  Funnily enough , I generally look for meals which my OH doesn’t tend to make as he’s such a good cook.
                  Enjoy your day xxx

Sounds like a lovely break Jay - hope your cough clears up soon , it must be exhausting.

Busy day ahead…see ya later peeps.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 30-03-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Sounds like you had a good time away, Jay. Hope you're doing OK and your treatment is progressing well.

Rary, I reckon your garden talks might make good podcasts. They'd have worked well during the lockdown or during bad weather. Plus people who attend in person can listen to them again and pick up the points that they missed because they were so distracted by your dashing air and the promise of tea.

Slow start to the day. Friend up the valley is arriving again today. No idea how long he's staying. Always good to see him, but our lives are never our own when he's here. Mr Snoop will bear the brunt of it as I'm off back to the UK on Thursday next week.

Bit of work to finish and then I'm off outside to gather more seed-sowing bits and pieces and start gardening for real. This time for sure.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

It was Grory hop day plus some general shopping it’s over and done with now.

Sending you birthday wishes GF xx have a good day whatever you decide to do.

Jay walking on the beach is the perfect whatever the weather I think. Glad to hear you enjoyed your break.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy Birthday GF - I was slow on the uptake there! Hope your cough goes away soon jay.
                        Grory hop just delivered, I'm sure Frank thinks he's a Rottweiler and by golly his bark is as loud as one!

Comment

• Good evening sll.
                          Happy birthday GF. I hope you enjoyed your day however you spent it.

Jay, its lovely walking the beach, it really gives you a sense of peace.
                          Hope you get rid of that cough soon.

Well, after 3 fabulous weeks here in the sun we are packing to fly home in the morning.
                          I cant say I am looking forward as the weather is still gloomy.
                          Cant wait to get out in my garden and sow some seeds as I am well behind other years..
                          Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Safe trip bramble.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              Had a rotten night’s sleep…very wet and windy and we’re forecast 100km gusts later today.
                              I think we best move our car from under the tree just in case

It’s clearly not going to be an outdoor sort of day . Even the chooks are hiding indoors. I notice our bbq has blown over. What a difference in weather in only two days!

Probably just as well it’s going to be an indoor day as I’ve been ignoring a pile of paperwork which really needs sorting before the end of this financial year! I’d rather do the ironing!

I reckon it’s a porridge sort of day followed by a slice of Irish soda bread with mixed berry jam or honey. Do help yourselves….
                              Best get the kettle on first though!

Comment

• Good morning all.

A grey murky morning. A forecast of fog followed by rain. A bit of variation I suppose, but it won't help entice Mr GF outside.

We got our hair cut yesterday and then went to the best local fish and chip restaurant. The food was nice but there was far too much of it. We've already decided where we want to try next however. A restaurant we used to visit about 15 years ago that went downhill but is now getting excellent reviews again.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday.

When the hairdresser was cutting my hair yesterday I realised how quickly I've got used to taking normal things for granted again. I was remembering the months without a haircut at the beginning of Covid and how ecstatic and nervous I was to get that first haircut when things began to open up. It seems a distant memory now.

Have a great day everybody.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X