Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Up and about earlier than is usual these days! Gloomy and cold here. Hope all goes well for you rary. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Today I'll be tidying the garden, we have our last green bin collection of the year this week so i want to make the most of it.

The Met office say rain, BBC is going with a sunny intervals and no rain till late evening

enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
        Loads of sploshy going on here- I’ll try and hang on to it for a while to free you lot up
        If it stops, I want to play with the shredder- OH has got his eye on it too for his heugal beds. I’ve just got one more Buddlhia to cut back and de seed head first though.
        I’m going to play/ jenga with the campervan mattresses/ covers/sewing machine today. Cutting out and relocating the zips seems more daunting than it is in reality.
        I sowed some mustard three days ago in a tub on the radiator and it’s already germinating! There really is something magical about seeds germinating isn’t there? And yes, I do smile and talk to them when I check them out

Enjoy your day peeps
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

The howling wind has gone away. It's drizzling at the moment but we have just reached 10°C.

Food shopping today as the fridge looks rather bare. I'll get my brother-in-law's shopping too and deliver it.

As we've got a lot of beef stew leftover I think this morning I'll turn it into potted meat and freeze it in little pots for sandwiches. (I just put the chunks of meat in the food processor with some melted butter, thyme, nutmeg and enough of the gravy to give it spreadability.) It's nicer than what I can buy at the butchers and takes about 5 minutes to make. The extra gravy and veg can be frozen separately to have with a pie or something.......can you tell I was brought up by frugal Yorkshire folk?

I'm hoping my ikea goodies arrive at the pick up point today as I'm looking forward to a bit of "Lego for grown ups". As a child, at Christmas, an aunt used to buy me a sort of cardboard book where you pushed out all the pieces and put them together to make something, such as a castle. I really liked them, haven't seen them for years though. I have only recently found out that one of my sisters used to hijack scraperboard pictures and paint by numbers kits that I used to buy for my niece, who is now in her twenties. (Maybe I'll buy my sister her own for Christmas this year and her daughter can get her revenge).

Rary, I hope Mrs Rary's hospital visit goes well.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            A lo elyse calm, sunny morning after yesterday's storm.
            Line dancing this morning and then a tidy up in the garden this afternoon.

Rary, I hope all goes well for Mrs Rary this morning.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              As we've got a lot of beef stew leftover I think this morning I'll turn it into potted meat and freeze it in little pots for sandwiches. (I just put the chunks of meat in the food processor with some melted butter, thyme, nutmeg and enough of the gravy to give it spreadability.) It's nicer than what I can buy at the butchers and takes about 5 minutes to make. The extra gravy and veg can be frozen separately to have with a pie or something.......can you tell I was brought up by frugal Yorkshire folk?
              GF that's something I'm going to make next time we have leftover beef stew, thanks.

Comment

• You’ve got me pining for beef paste now gf. Hadn’t realised it was so easy

Love the phrase ‘Lego for grownups’ !
                I too used to love making things as a child….forget the dolls, but give me one of those cut out dolls where you had to cut out their clothes with tabs on so you could hang them on the paper doll, and you’d keep me quiet for ages. Once made, I wasn’t really interested in them
                Airfix models!…don’t get me started!…my brother was always given them and then didn’t want to make them so I was the one who completed them!
                I do recall when I was at junior school that I decided to make a cardboard copy of our 1930s semi using a shoebox ,bits of cardboard and sellotape , and a tape measure. Right down to the scaled rooms, number of stairs, exact position of windows and doors….
                Someone should have suggested I might have enjoyed being an architect when I was choosing a career. Having said that, I’m happy to enjoy planning our renovations, BTU heating for each room and sourcing materials…and of course planning our veggie beds.

Comment

• Morning all.

Airfix kits... I was always jealous of my brothers' Airfix kits and was eventually given one of my own, Henry VIII. It was more a painting job than a model to put together and I was a bit confused by the white bit above his knees, essentially just a flat surface that would have been the underside of his coats, upper robes (I hesitate to call them skirts, but you know what I mean) and hose. So I just painted one layer of gold for his outer coat and the rest bright red. But it still looked very odd. Nevertheless, I was very proud of him.

So, today, the cloud has just moved on and it's bright blue sky with lots of contrails already. Looks like today is going to be similar to yesterday. Ridiculously warm. Another high in the mid-20s, low at night of just over 10 ºC. The birds are already behaving like it's spring.

The usual work for us today as well, but pretty well in control for both of us. Phew!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling but sunny here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      How is the decorating coming along Flo?

Memory Lane Snoop!…I used to love making toy soldiers with my father- out of lead!…heating it in a pan and pouring it into the moulds, then using a penknife to carefully scrape off the joints. Wasn’t bothered about the painting bit , but we must have spent hours together over the years making toy soldiers. Must have been before I was 10 as he disposed of them when we moved house. ( probably by that time realising just how toxic handling lead is
                      Yeh- those were the days…playing with/ handling mercury globules during science lessons at junior school
                      Te he…at least I was too young to have been given one of these ‘cos I’d have found it really interesting….
                      https://thebulletin.org/virtual-tour...-uranium-1950/

Looks like a quick grory hop is inevitable today, apart from that, a bit of gardening followed my more sewing….
                      ​​​​​​​Whatever you get up to, enjoy your day!

Comment

• Morning

Its bright and breezy here today so I'll be gardening later but first there's shopping and domestics.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Have you ever considered buying a Geiger counter for your outings to flea markets and brocantes places in France, Nicos?

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...ve-plates-cups

Comment

• Good morning all, a bright and breezy morning.
                            Must do a grory hop this morning.

No time for the garden today.
                            The first part of the funeral will take place this evening.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thinking of you, Bramble. x

Comment

• On behalf of OH I thank you for the kind wishes, things went very well yesterday, the surgeon wants to see how her wound was doing as it was quite red when she was discharged from hospital, he met us outside his surgery, I asked if he wanted me to go back to a waiting area, he replied saying it was up to OH, her answer was, the years we have been married, there is no the he will see that he hasn't seen before, this really shocked me, as being a gentleman, I always closed my eyes on certain occasions,,,, oh no, my eyes were closed when she was asking me to do dusting or something like that ​​​​​​. Anyway he was very pleased with the wound and how well she is doing, as she has halfed her intake of pain killers, though she did add, he's in charge of them and he doesn't like painkillers, I sort of got the impression she wasn't too pleased about that,
                                As for the garden club it went well with a good turnout, considering how wet it was, now need to think of something different for next month, as it's nearing Christmas, will give it some thought.
                                Have a pleasant evening, keep warm and safe
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X