X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    No rain here but a very dull morning.
    Staying 8ndoirs today to catch up on some chores.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here too but don't care, the Ethernet man cometh this afternoon so Himself will be less miserable! Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening, it's been a nice dry day today, had to take one of the grandsons over to school this morning as he had missed the school bus, when his mum was in to give OH her jag, she said she couldn't understand how he missed the bus, and thought he was hoping to be told just to go back home, just shows no matter how advanced society get kids still want to get off school -------and mothers still say no. Got the housework done then went out to the garden, I had one of the beds covered with a micromesh tunnel but now thinking of covering it with some clear polythene, but will make the sides about 18ins high before using water pipe to create the roof, I also intend move all my roses to the top bed surrounding the grass, this of course will mean a complete overall of the flower beds, this should keep me busy over the winter, I also want to get a mix of border phlox, so will be looking out for some bargain sales, would be most grateful if any of you let me know if you come across any sales.
        Now need to go and wash my dishes, it's unbelievable the things I have learned with OH being incopasitated, the dishes are not self clean, dust doesn't disappear by itself and toilet rolls don't just magically appear, just shows life's a learning curve Have a good evening and find something to smile about ​​​​​​
        Last edited by rary; 27-11-2023, 06:41 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
          Spent a big part of the day decluttering the spare bedroom.
          Gave lots of stuff to the charity shop.
          Felt a little sad getting rid of my granddaughters story books and crafting materials.
          They are grown up now and dont need them any more.
          I was going fine until I came across a box of old photographs.
          That ended the tidying for the dsy.

Rary, the kids have it so good now , school I'd do much easier these days.
          Have a good evening all and stay warm.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            Now need to go and wash my dishes, it's unbelievable the things I have learned with OH being incopasitated, the dishes are not self clean, dust doesn't disappear by itself and toilet rolls don't just magically appear, just shows life's a learning curve Have a good evening and find something to smile about ​​​​​​
            Rary, you do make me laugh! You just reminded me of a doctor's appointment Mr GF made about 20 years ago. His family are all hypochondriacs compared to mine. He said to the doctor that he was worried because sometimes when he went to the toilet to pass water the water in the toilet went all frothy. The doctor seemed to be taking him seriously until I pointed out that it was probably when he "went" after I'd put bleach in the bowl. The doctor then insisted that I accompanied him to all future appointments.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 27-11-2023, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Morning

Not much happening here apart from baking bread cobs and some scones then I'll be raking leaves at some point.

Enjoy your day.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 28-11-2023, 09:06 AM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,lIts a cold morning at just 3 degs.
                Off out to my line dancing so that should keep me warm.
                Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  hBit of an early start today as we have someone fixing a leak in our chimney…and we’re expecting the fibre internet guys to come and set things up. It’s like Piccadilly Station here!

I’m just in the middle of unpicking yesterdays sewing.
                  Thankfully it’s not hours worth but along with the sewing machine playing up, I’m struggling with sewing slippy velour onto a stretchy padded piece of fabric. And I hadn’t noticed it’d slipped.

Life's a learning curve eh?

Think I’ll go and rake up a few more leaves off our driveway too Bren, seeing everyone else around me is working and it’s sunny outside….
                  We’re leaving a lot more on the borders than we used to to give any ‘hibernating’ insects a chance to survive rather than being trapped inside a composting bag.

Enjoy your day peeps - whatever you get up to !

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Think I’ll go and rake up a few more leaves off our driveway too Bren, seeing everyone else around me is working and it’s sunny outside….
                      We’re leaving a lot more on the borders than we used to to give any ‘hibernating’ insects a chance to survive rather than being trapped inside a composting bag.
                      Nicos i only rake the lawn its makes it easier to spot fox poop if there's no leaves.

Comment

• Oh yuk!…very smelly stuff that - we get that here too.
                        In the late Spring they are full of wild cherry stones!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, lovely and sunny here today but cold ! Still hobbling about but will get there. Stuck with day time telly…who knew it was so bad.
                          Enjoy your day everyone x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jay, I have given up watching telly.
                            It's just as bad at night, so many repeats.
                            Good to hear you're getting well. 🤞

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

It was freezing here last night again and doesn't feel much warmer now. I have been and restocked the fridge. My brother in law didn't come with us today. The supermarket seemed to be full of various extended families, blocking the aisles, wandering around at a snails pace and evidently not understanding English. My idea of supermarket shopping is to get round as fast as possible without getting waylaid by the middle aisle. The only thing I needed to make my Christmas cakes was ground almonds. I've got them now.

Jay, daytime TV is the pits but the ads are even worse. On principal I wouldn't buy or support anything advertised on there.

Comment

• Afternoon

We've just arrived home from a stroll so its tea and cake time here. Those bread cobs did smell good when we walked in through the door.

Jay look on YouTube its bound to be more interesting than day time TV.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X