This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree YouTube is amazing!
    I’ve taught myself how to do so many things from there - and enjoyed other people’s journeys. It’s amazing how many different things you can find - I was just checking out Jack Hargreaves’ Old Country series.
    He died many years ago but he was fascinating - remember him on ‘How?’ Back in the 1960’s ? So glad someone put them up on YouTube.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening it's been a cold day here today, wasn't out of bed that long when I got a text from two of the grandsons to see if I could give them a lift over to school as they had missed the bus, (I will need to find out if they have been talking or up close to their cousin, just incase there is something catching going around​​​​​​) anyway took them to school, before getting ready to go for an Xray of my wrist, then doing some shopping, OH came with me, which always helps getting her moving, after that we visited our friend, first visit in five weeks, and boy did those two women talk, though we hadn't seen her for five weeks they are on the phone to one another every second day and any one of the two could talk a gramophone to scrap iron ​​​​​​, when we finaly got home I went out 5he back for a time where I sawed up some logs and moved more of the lettuce into the greenhouse, I also had to take DiL over to the school as it was a parents night for one of the boys, son was getting away early from work and would meet her at school, as I was near our oldest grandson work I told our daughter I would collect him from his work, really so that she could get in and give OH her final jag as grandson has been a bit late recently this would let her get home early, fortunately GS was finished early and daughter was running late so I was back in the house before she arrived, life's funny sometimes​​​​​​, need to go out tomorrow and get my hearing aid sorted as it has stopped working for some reason, personally I think it burnt out with all the talking the two women were doing earlier, but don't think I will mention that to OH in some circumstances it's a true saying "silence is golden" along with discretion is the better part of valor and with that I will wish you all a goodnight. Goodnight
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Can someone tell me why when I’m in a medical centre having just seen a doctor, who has told me to go to reception and book blood tests, they tell me it has to be booked by phone. So I get out my mobile, ring the number and the receptionist who has just told me it can only be done by phone answers it. The world’s gone nuts.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Bonkers indeed Janie
          Good to see you xx

Comment

• Morning, it’s a chilly -2 at the moment. Didn’t sleep very well, it’s going to be a long day methinks!
            Janie, bonkers indeed!!
            Enjoy your day folks, catch you later x
            sigpic

Comment

• Morning Jay and all,
              Frosty and foggy here, looks like it may be a sunny day later. Grory hop today, and two gifts to post to my sister in the States. I shall be early with them this year, but as yesterday she sent me a photo of her tree, already up and decorated, I thought I'd better get a wiggle on.

Janie, that receptionist sounds nuts! Did she actually realise she was talking to you on the phone with you standing right there?
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Frosty and sunny here this morning, reading the news some areas have snow
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's a cold and frosty one again. The cars and roofs are white.

Janie, I hope the receptionist realised what a stupid rule that was. What's worse is that somewhere will be a highly paid jobsworth who makes up these stupid rules.

I've just broke off to take the bread out of the breadmaker. The smell is wonderful.

I must post my great nephew's advent calender today or he won't get it in time!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    No frost here today…but it’s coming back big style apparently in the next few days.

I didn’t get around to freezing down the last of the windfall apples so there’s still quarter of a wheelbarrow on the patio filled with them (tiny, bruised, etc etc…. So not up to giving away)
                    Anyway- we really don’t need any more of them in the freezer as this year I have frozen at least 30 kilo of stewed apple (and we still have pressed apple juice from last year!)
                    Over the fast few frosty days there has been a blackbird and woodpecker taking turns in pecking away at them. Lovely to see.Bet they are grateful the apples weren’t tipped into the compost and covered over! It does make you stop and think doesn’t it?

Not sure what we’ll be doing today . More sewing obviously but the gutters need emptying of leaves so I might crack on with that.

Enjoy your day whatever you get up to….

Comment

• Ooo gf!…that reminds me to get my advent calendar out ready for Friday! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• Good Morning All Clear sky and bright sun but frosty. My youngest GG brought me an Advent calendar yesterday. Although I've always bought them for the children, I've never had one of my own, so I'm thrilled to bits! GP appointment systems are getting crazy Janie! Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Bright and sunny but it's just 1 deg.
                          More decluttering today and then looking after my grandson this evening.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

Flo I had an Advent calendar given me the other year it had assorted jams/marmalade instead of chocolate. Really made me smile.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The aroma of fruitcake cooking in the oven is so.....so.....good. I've eventually got round to cooking the first, prototype, Chrismas cake of the year. As it's a prototype it may have to be tested/tasted tomorrow.

My brother-in-law rang this morning. He'd decided he wanted an air fryer..... now, if not yesterday. I have bought him one that was on a good offer. I really hope it suits him.

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty. Frank's here, I suppose you'd guessed that. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X