This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

A rubbish nights sleep. I got out of bed at 1 am and was watching the snow. Mr GF said I must be crackers! (I inadvertently woke him up when I got back into bed and used him as a big hot water bottle.🙄😊). There is a dusting of snow this morning and everything is frozen. I've been out of bed, turned the thermostat up and am waiting for it to take effect.

I was planning on checking out a new fishman I've found out about this morning. He evidently parks up in a small town nearby on Thursday mornings. This will now depend on how fast things defrost here. I see no point in driving through snow and ice when it's not urgent.

Yesterday I eventually put my sandals away, polished my black leather boots and went out in them. It felt really weird, and warm, to have my feet shut in. I'm already looking forward to Spring and warmth with more daylight.

If I go out later I might cut the fruitcake and take a hunk for my brother-in-law and Mr GF's old friend. I need to make another in the next few days as I make one for our hairdresser as a Christmas tip and we've got an appointment with her next week.

I think I'll get up now and go make coffee.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 30-11-2023, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Morning

We have snow not a lot just a covering so i'll still be able to drag my trolly for the Grory Hop.

GF we used to have a Wednesday fish stall but it stopped arrived over Covid and didn't return.

Wrap up warm and enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good to be back. As for telly, I watched a lot of the Crown with my mum on Netflix. But everything else seemed to be quiz shows, soaps and programmes with half-wit celebrities doing silly japes. The quiz shows were all right but the rest of it was dire.

Guess, what? I've come back to absolutely loads of work. Which is good because I got through absolutely loads of money while I was away on seasonal gifts and the like, so all well spent. I used to laugh when my dad said things like 'I remember the day when you could buy fish and chips for tuppence ha'penny', but I'm definitely going the same way now. It's just as well I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car rather than opposite my brother when he told me how much he'd spent on my sister-in-law's birthday gifts because it meant he couldn't see my jaw drop. Nor when he told me what he'd got for it - flowers, a bottle of perfume and some make-up. So nothing out of the ordinary, really, for what seemed like a lot of money.

Right, how's that for a good moan of a Thursday morning?

Dull and cloudy here. Rain due but supposedly not snow. I think I'd be staying indoors too, GF, in your conditions.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Waves at Snoop welcome back.

Just now we've been watching 'Villages by the sea' all 4 series are on iPlayer, it really interesting to watch.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Frosty and sunny start to the day here too.
            We have a yellow warning for snow this afternoon so I’m quite excited- bound to be just flurries if anything. How lovely watching it fall gf.
            Every year I make sure, if those massive flakes fall, to dash out and catch a few in my mouth. My OH knows the routine now!

Hibou was just pawing at the window by the front door to come in…so I let her in…..and she ran straight to the back door to be let out! So that was either a shortcut or she was hoping it would be warmer at the back of the house

Janie- you’re not the only one who has had a bonkers experience…..
            Yesterday we changed internet provider so had to cancel our contract. OH went on line to do it and apparently the only way was to copy the address on their site and write them a letter Beggers belief doesn’t it?

A bit more sewing today and I’ll have finished the removable under covers on our campervan mattress/ seat cushions. Talk about a relief! Next are the main covers using old denim curtains. I think I’ll be velcrowing those!

Right,well, given we might have snow and the yellow warning may be an understatement I best go and bring in a pile of wood for the fires…. Yesterday we had another queen wasp sleepily flying around the lounge so I’d rather bring the wood in to give any wildlife a change to wake up and be relocated. I’m hoping it’s not the same queen wasp - if it is , she must be feeling it’s Groundhog Day

Enjoy your day peeps , and gf….I can smell your cakes from here- utterly delish , mouth-wateringly so
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Welcome back Snoop - you’re home now…..moan away to your heart’s content!
              I nearly fell over backwards at the cost of buying a round of 4 drinks and pork scratchings in a pub on my last visit to the UK…Not even a posh style pub. How can people afford to do things like that on a regular basis these days? Maybe they don’t?
              We had planned to go and visit an historic place with the family…our treat….good job I checked on line before we set off..£24 per person Nope. Just nope.
              Your dad would have been proud of me! ( and it was 6d for a family size packet of chips wrapped in newspaper in my youth…and before Rary picks up on that, nope, I’m not old enough to be your mother Snoop)
              Right that’s my whinge over for today too!
              Last edited by Nicos; 30-11-2023, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20231130_091301.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	2571866
                Already tried, Nicos!

Comment

• That looks delicious GF. Oh and Happy St Andrews Day to all you Scots
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Already tried, Nicos!
                    *drools….then drools some more….

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      That looks delicious GF. Oh and Happy St Andrews Day to all you Scots
                      Oh yes!….I hadn’t remembered that - shame on me. At least we have a bottle of Grants whisky in to raise a tipple!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        A bright sunny day but the breeze is icy.
                        We are out for lunch today with our friends, so looking forward to a catch up.

GF, your cake looks delicious, enjoy it.

Snoop, welcome back, I love reading your posts.

For any peeps complaining of prices, it is said that the cost of everything here in Ireland is the highest in Europe.

Happy St Andrew's day to all our Scottish peeps on here.
                        My grandsons name is Andrew, named because he was baptised in St Andrew's church.

Have a good dsy all and wrap up well,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Already tried, Nicos!
                          Which piece is mine ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Which piece is mine ?
                            I've already given half away Bren so you'll have to share our half.

The driver's side car door was frozen solid this morning. I had to climb in from the other side, muttering all the while about being too old to do this and defrost the car.

I picked up our prescriptions, delivered some of the cake I made and then went to find the new fishman. I bought some gorgeous looking plaice from him. I hope it's good as it was eye wateringly expensive. I've also found out that he stands somewhere else local on two other days a week.

As I never got round to posting the Advent calender for my great nephew earlier this week🤯, I got on the M1 and delivered it to my sister's, his grandma's, about 10 miles, one junction, away. She looks after him most evenings. One day I will get organised! Never mind he will get it in time to open the first door tomorrow.

At the moment the sun is shining and the sky is blue but there are more snow showers forecast for later this afternoon.

As it's St Andrew's day I should probably have laced the cake with whisky, but it actually got brandy.

Comment

• Good afternoon a cold but sunny day again, was at the church coffee morning, but while there I left OH while I went over to the next town to see the physiotherapist, I have some new exercises to do so will hopefully see some improvement. Sadly I need to ask the Mods to ban and also remove the photos of cakes and buns and the likes, I am trying to lose weight and when I see these photos I can feel the weight piling on round my waist​​​​​​, unless of course someone wants my address to send me some to try it​​​​​​
                              Somehow Snoop I am not surprised to read that you spent a lot of money, I am convinced that there is a gene passed from mother to daughter that makes them need to spend money, though I do like Nicos's outlook of some things being too expensive, now that attitude I do appreciate it's the same with prices in pubs, don't go into these places, we'll not unless someone is wanting to buy me a drink, if someone is buying I could drink most folk under the table​​​​​​, right going out to the greenhouse for a time, enjoy the day and pass on some smiles
                              ​​​Just to add, I remember a bag of chips costing 4d and a big fish supper was about 1/6d
                              I am sure a lot of you will know what that figure is
                              Last edited by rary; 30-11-2023, 02:11 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                                Well…no snow as yet there is a strange pinky/ yellow glow to the clouds so maybe there will be a short flurry.
                                gf….I agree fish is a bonkers price, but when I think about the conditions those fishermen have to put up with I think they deserve every penny. Not that they get anything like what we actually pay.

My happy news is that I’ve finished the under covers …finally…
                                Next part is sorting out the top covers which should be much easier.
                                No gardening for me today and I’m feeling I’ve missed out …. It is uplifting spending time out there isn’t it? It’ll all still be there tomorrow.

Rary…I’ve tried my best at deleting those piccies of cake for you, but somehow I just can’t seem to press that ‘delete’ button

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X