• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensible call re Mr gf….Tis the season of fractured wrists and hips
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all . The place was white with frost first thing this morning.
      It was extremely cold with a temp of minus three.
      Having visitors for lunch today and then popping into my neighbour tonight for a Christmas drink.
      Thankfully I dont have to go outdoors do it will be a bit of housework,
      Stay warm all and have a good dsy,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Thick frost here too, I've been watching steam rise from the fence as the sunshine is full on it - fascinating! No plans apart from pleading the new curtains ready for my son to hang for me tomorrow. When they arrived it was something of a surprise to find they are exactly the same as the ones I have already! Wondered why I liked them so much Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

No frost here, it's foggy, and all the cobwebs strung around the fencing look like pearl necklaces. It certainly feels cold enough for frost and overnight the low was -2C, but is hovering on 0C now.

GF, a thin smear of grease on the rubber door seals will help prevent the car doors freezing shut. Vaseline is good, I rub a little into a cloth then run it around the seal, so that there is just a faint greasy mark on the rubber. Received wisdom is not to use WD for some reason.

Going to make some rye crispbreads today. Not a day to be outdoors, though there are annuals need cutting back now the frosts have killed them.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Hi again, there's nothing like being awkward. Mr GF decided he wanted to come out with me.

The drivers side car door was frozen again but as well as asking for advice on here I'd googled it. One piece of advice was instead of fruitlessly trying to pull the door open just gently thump around the edge of the door with the heel of the hand to squash and break any ice. It worked! I will be having a go with the vaseline though, hopefully as a preventive measure. I did consider a hair dryer but I'll keep that as a last resort as it would involve a long extension lead.

I seem to have lost my appetite today ....... and found a horse's...... it must be the cold🥶..... that's my excuse.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Very bright here, but quite chilly. Not helped by the fact that I've got all the doors open for a bit of fresh air and so the dogs can come and go. But they seem settled now, so I'll shut the doors in a bit and light the range.

Mr Snoop has gone out shopping. I'm supposed to be working but keep looking at a new recipe book... That won't endear me to clients come Monday, so I'd better put it down.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon about 4 inches of snow this morning so was out clearing the paths before going up to collect the grandsons as son and DiL have headed down to the south of England I would have been happy if they had cancelled however we have the boys for the next two nights, and looking out the window I think I will need to get the boys out to clear the snow again, as it's snowing quite heavy, this is the heaviest snow for quite a few years and hopefully I won't need to go back out I'm not so keen to drive in snow nowadays, I have driven in a lot of sever conditions but hopefully my days for that are past, now off to make a cup f coffee, so have a good day and remember to smile
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

No snow here just a heavy frost that doesn’t want to go away.
                  I’ve only been out as far as my GH instead I’ve been catching up with domestics.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The frost hasn't cleared here either Bren, I'm surprised we've had no sner! I've decided to return the curtains. Seems daft to have two pairs the same. I've been in my Escape Room doing a jigsaw and listening to Radio 4. It's good to be able to request programmes I've missed. I particularly enjoy The Infinite Monkey Cage, so catching up with that. Domestics can wait for weekdays
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Ner sner here either
                      I’ve been looking out for it all day but the sun has been glorious. It’s dropped below the hill now and suddenly feels very chill.

Rary - can’t blame you for not wanting to go out in 4” snow. We have snow socks for a previous car - I should go and hunt them out to see if they’ll fit on the camper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Ner sner here either
                        I’ve been looking out for it all day but the sun has been glorious. It’s dropped below the hill now and suddenly feels very chill.

Rary - can’t blame you for not wanting to go out in 4” snow. We have snow socks for a previous car - I should go and hunt them out to see if they’ll fit on the camper.
                        What are snow socks for a car???

Comment

• Basically a nonslip ‘hairnet’ for the two front tyres

This piccie shows one quite clearly but there are loads of different makes available….
                          https://www.truckman.co.uk/isse-clas...SABEgLLnPD_BwE

I think mine were from Halfords.
                          You can only use them in the snow so once you hit salted roads you have to take them off again.
                          We live on quite a steep hill so it can be quite a task in deep snow- never heard of them before we came to live here.
                          Another exciting element to rural living eh?

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            No snow here but it's very cold.
                            Had a lovely afternoon catching up with my daughter in law and her son.
                            It's been a while since she had a chance to come, always do busy.

Have a good 3vening and wrap up well.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, just back in from a walk with the dog, it's bitterly cold outside I think it's coming off the snow as there is quite a cloud cover just hope it doesn't freeze or OH will have to push me up the hill tomorrow morning, actually if it freezes she will have to push me out of bed now as there is nothing decent on the telly I'm going to watch Taggert slowly going through the complete series of it and most enjoyable, very little swearing and sex in it soa pleasure to watch. Keep warm and cosy Goodnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I had to look up snow socks too. On my list of things to tell Mr Snoop about to distract him and cheer him up while he's washing up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X