This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all;D

Wow…just been looking at the mayhem in Cumbria yesterday evening due to the heavy snow I hope everyone is ok.
    Hope the local farmers can get to their stock too.

It rained here overnight, so clearly too warm for snow but it still feels very brrrrr

Theres another Xmas Fair going on locally today- one I used to do. Think I’ll go along when it’s quiet at lunchtime and check it out and say hi to the stall holders. I may put my name down again for next year…..

Apart from that, probably more ‘fiddling’ with the curtains unpicking them…

Whatever you get up to, enjoy yourselves!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Very chilly night last night and a good, hard frost this morning. But nothing like the weather in the UK. Hope you're all doing OK and you've got plenty of everything you need and no power cuts.

Fortunately my car is currently in full sunshine (yes, I know, showing off...) so with any luck I won't need to de-ice it mysefl, as I'm about to go out to visit a friend to learn how to bone and stuff a chicken. Never boned a chicken before. Hope I still have all my fingers and thumbs afterwards, as there's the usual plenty to do here when I get back.

Catch you all later. Have a great day, meanwhile.

Comment

• Good Morning All We have sner. About two inches, so I've told my son to not even attempt the journey here. Enjoy the fayre Nicos and have a lovely Sunday All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

We have about 3-4 inch of snow the garden does look pretty but I won't be going far today, what with the snow and the fog that's dropping.

My GH lettuce looks fine so that's good.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            No snow here but we have a heavy frosty fog.
            Nothing I need to go out for today so I am staying indoors
            Have a good Sunday and wrap up well,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, the snow is, slowly going away, OH had intended going to church this morning but thought better not when she got up this morning, I was at the service but quite a number missing, which I think is due to the weather, once back home I got the boys plus OH and myself fed, the boys had been out the back making snowmen and now they are saying there cold, now going to take it easy this afternoon, so keep safe and if driving take care and don't be speeding, there's only about 15min between speeding and driving sensibly, have a good day
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• The snow is thawing quickly but there is now a thick fog descending. Missed doing the Sunday crossword with my son. Bit of retail therapy on the cards I think.
                Last edited by Florence Fennel; 03-12-2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Flo our snow is also thawing a couple of inches has disappeared already.

Edited to say it’s now raining that’ll make the snow disappear faster.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-12-2023, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Like most, we had snow then fog then drizzly rain. Now it's just dark and damp.

I found this site earlier, which should start to draw us gently into the festive season

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Better get more baubles according to that MH!

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        A very dull and foggy day.

Flo, my grandson comes for lunch every Sunday and we do the wordle and the phrazle together.

That's a good dite Mothhawk, According to it, I am on track with my baubles and lights.

Have a good night and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Loads of sploshy stuff going on here. Pretty heavy at times too.

I think today I’ll start putting out a few Xmas decorations…but first , the dusting!
                          Anyone else started putting them up?
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

We're back to wet and grey weather at the moment. It snowed here on and off for most of yesterday but overnight it turned to rain and the majority has now gone. The only time I went outside yesterday was to put rubbish in my bin.

I did make another Christmas cake last night, for our hairdresser this time, as I realised our last hair appointment before Christmas is on Wednesday.

I must do some present shopping.

Comment

• Morning

We have rain so the snows all turned to slush. We'll be out collecting some holly for the mantelpiece in a couple of weeks and that and a few other bits will be it for decorating.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Morning, not as cold just dull and drizzling and windy although I think it’s to cheer up later. Think I prefer the sun and cold personally. I’ve done no Christmas shopping whatsoever, nor have I started decorating yet…I’ve thought about it but that’s as far as it’s gone.
                                it’s my sister in laws 60th birthday soon and I’m struggling to think of a gift for her…absolutely no idea. She has no hobbies as she just works all the time. Really stumped on this one!
                                Enjoy your day folks whatever you are doing. Catch you later x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X