X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all.
    Got nothing garden related done today.
    It lashed rain and was cold and miserable.
    However, I now have a very clean and tidy house.

Rary, could you not bring some of your geraniums indoors if you cut them back?

Snoop, a pic of your mincemeat cake would be good.

Have a good night and enjoy Strictly come dancing for those that are watching it.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• And now I have seaweed envy!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I just checked my previous post and I see it says scramble, when it should be "bramble" so apologies for that especially to bramble I really, should get into the habit of checking what gets printed especially with auto correctand yes bramble adding seaweed onto your soil really makes a big difference to soil condition, and I am telling you this not just to make Nicos any more envious
        Last edited by rary; 30-09-2023, 08:01 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, no moffence taken by being called Scramble, I have been called worse!

I really need to go and collect seaweed more often.
          Your soil looks amazing, đŸ˜€

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Lovely morning here, but going to be hot again very soon. And I've got plenty to do outdoors today. The smiles left with a skip and a hop, so they're in a good mood too. Well, I suppose they're always in a good mood, they wouldn't be smiles otherwise. But anyway, they seemed especially jolly this morning.

I'm sorry, bramble, no picture of the cake. Mr Snoop was too keen to eat it to be waiting for pictures.

Weeding on the cards for this morning - as ever - and Mr Snoop is going to help me sort out getting water to the veg patch from our harvested rainwater tank. We're still not using it for the house, so might as well use it in the garden. Then this afternoon some paid work to try and get ahead of myself.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. Have a lovely Sunday
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Raining here as well Flo its supposed to clear mid afternoon, all this rain is making the lawn look healthy.

Enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  Lovely sunny start to the day here- with a forecast of 28C
                  Deffo a gardening day ahead
                  I bought some pansies yesterday. Twice the price of Lidl and in the same condition, but in the colours I prefer ( oranges, cream,yellow which can be seen at a distance) So I want to get those planted out today
                  No real plans here other than that so it’s one of those days where I can potter…lots of pottering outside doing whatever I fancy ( cos there’s loads to do!) every bit helps!
                  ( loads to do inside too but that’s for a rainy day!)
                  I spotted the smiles earlier…did they by a chance raid your baking Snoop?…they looked like they were having a sugar rush! Maybe it was just the smell that set them off
                  Speaking of mincemeat…I got the first of my goooogle Xmas adverts this morning
                  Oh….and I’ve just realised that it’s 1st October! Can’t let that pass without a mention. ( 28C on 1st October????not right is if?)

Enjoy your day peeps - see ya later!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all and its dry and sunny here at 16 degs.
                    lots to do today before heading off tomorrow.
                    Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

I had an awful night's sleep last night. I went for the flu jab yesterday morning and the doctor sneaked the pneumococcal jab into my other arm as well. Consequently every time I moved in bed last night I woke up. I just hope I sleep better tonight.

I've just been to visit my brother-in-law and take him some buns I made this morning. The weather here is miserable, constant showers and grey sky.

My sister and her family are back from their travels through Europe by train and we spent an hour on the phone catching up. They had a great time.

I'm waiting for my meringues to cool off slowly in the oven now. I am hopeful that they will be a success as my last attempt, a few years ago, were a resounding failure. At least these seem to have kept their shape. My last attempt ran off the oven tray......what a mess. It's taken a few years to get the inspiration to try again. Weirdly enough I've never had a problem with lemon meringue pie.

Comment

• Good afternoon, a nice sunny day here, I fed the birds before heading for church this morning, once we were back one of the feeders was empty a feeder station fixed into the tube had come loose, there were several crows and pigeons sitting on the fence watching a squirrel feeding on the seeds, I usually hunt the gray squirrels but decided to let it feed after a while a raven came down to feed as the squirrel was feeding then moving off then back again so watched to see what it was doing, it filled its mouth then went over to the side, dug a hole in the grass then buried the seeds, so will need to watch what comes up next year, I will need to go and see if there's any hemp seeds in the mix, just in case anything illegal pops up ​​​​​.
                        I decided to remove the trombo from the greenhouse, so it's now in the compost bin, mixed with a load of cardboard now as the sun is still out I am going to tidy up around the new raised beds, so that will keep me busy for a time, enjoy the remainder of the day and keep smiling

​​​​​
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon its still raining here so I've done nothing in the garden apart from harvesting. Had a lazy day catching up with GYO mags and some general reading.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon, had a fab few days in St Andrews, the weather was warm and dry. The only rain we had was during the night when Agnes arrived.
                            It’s been a beautiful warm day here today, not what you would have expected on 1st October. Laundry out and dried!
                            Hope you are all well. Catch you later. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your break in St Andrew's Jay.

It's been a beautiful sunny day here as well.
                              Harvested as much as possible as we will be away for a few weeks.
                              My grandson will water the greenhouse but it will be sporadic as he works.
                              Hard yo believe its October with a day like today.

Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hemp seed is heated Rary so it won't grow, we used to use it for bait for fishing and err ahem someone did try to get the stuff to grow back in the 1960's and nothing grew at all..............................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X