This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
    Been raining here this morning and there's a chill in the air, glad I cut the grass yesterday but I can still hear it growing.............................
    Bet you see rainbows in the evening too burnie!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Rubbish nights sleep - I watched the clock until 4 am…then slept until 10am…so not too bad in the end, but it feels like I’ve wasted the morning
      We’re up at 5am uk time tomorrow, arriving at our sons about 13 hrs later…a loooong day ahead so I hope I have a decent sleep tonight.

Packing 95% done so it won’t take long.

What I’m enjoying is going through my craft boxes pulling out stuff for our granddaughter so she can start crafting at home. I must call in at The Works first though as they are so reasonably priced ( compared to here at least!)

Still got to plant out the last of the pansies - and water all the tubs as they are much drier than I expected.

Enjoy your day peeps - will pop in when I can

Enjoy your birthday meal Mr Snoop…
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all, and Happy Birthday to Mr Snoop.

Did a grory hop this morning and forgot eggs, so will have to get them later. The surgery phoned to say the nurse is coming tomorrow to give my mum her 'flu and covid boosters, and would I like mine at the same time? Yes please! It saves me the hassle of booking an appointment and getting to the surgery. We really do get a good service from our surgery, in spite of the wide area it has to cover.

I intended making piccalilli with my green outdoor tomatoes as I did last year, but for the first year ever they have nearly all ripened. I have exactly 3 green toms, usually that's about how many ripe toms I have produced by the end of the season, but this year they excelled themselves. It can't be just the weather as last summer was hot enough. The only thing I did differently was to stop the plants at the end of August and not allow any more flowers to grow. Whether that had a ripening effect or not, who knows?

So the piccalilli will have red toms in it - not as crunchy, but hopefully just as tasty.

Safe travelling, Nicos, and enjoy the trip.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

I do like the Works Nicos they have a good selection of child and adults crafts, plus lots of books.

That's good news about your covid boosters MF. I have mine on Friday I'd checked Tuesday morning and there was nothing close then checked again at lunchtime and one appointment was available only 2 miles away so I'm thinking it must have been a cancellation.

Its warm-ish and windy here with none of the forecasted rain.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-10-2023, 02:16 PM.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon still wet and cold, went out for lunch then down to the nursery to pick up the flowers, while there I bought some Franchi? pumpkin seeds to give them a try next year, I intend digging a hole in the field over the hedge, filling it with manure and planting some pumpkins, hoping they grow and smother the grass and weeds, worth a try with nothing to lose if it doesn't work, just reading back some of today's posts and I thought, I hope I never get so old that I need an electric blanket, being a gentleman I won't mention any names, but being a coward I am off for the rest of today
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Rary you're safe we're fairly new to having an electric blanket, in winter it's switched on for 15 -20 mins just to take the chill of the cotton sheets. I'm a bit nesh compared to you from up north.

Enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Thanks Bren, of course you know there was a c missing from that word​​​​​​
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop this morning not to sure after that, gardening will be out if it still raining.

I believe you Rary

Comment

• Good morning it has been raining all night and still is so doubt if I will get any out door gardening done today, but will do some work in the greenhouse, I cleared out the tomatoes and trombo the other day and as there was quitea lot of basil and marigold I decided to fill a 2lt. milk bottle with them then top up with water, I will leave this for a month or so to let the foliage infuse the water and hopefully this will give me a spray against green and white fly, of course it might not work, time will tell, this being Thursday we will be out for coffee later, I hope you all have a good day, bramble enjoy your holiday, and I hope you are having a pleasant journey Nicos

Comment

• Morning all.

Originally posted by rary View Post
                      Thanks Bren, of course you know there was a c missing from that word​​​​​​
                      You spell nesh with a c in it, rary? No idea where it would go!

Very autumnal here this morning. Relatively bright but a bit cool.

Big flock of birds eating the weed seeds down in my valley veg patch this morning. Trouble is, I want to remove those weeds in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed the birds take everything they want before then.

Big busy day today. So better shake a leg. That'll get the smiles off and away. Not sure why they were so slow this morning, possibly birdwatching or spying on Frankie, who can't make up his mind if he wants to be friendly this morning or not.

Have a great day, everyone. Happy travels, Nicos.

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine here. Waiting for Grory Hop delivery. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Morning all.

You spell nesh with a c in it, rary? No idea where it would go!
                          Cold Snoop C, C-O-L-D and please I can get into enough trouble by my self, no need for help​​​​​​,

Comment

• Rain has finaly stopped, once we were home from the coffee morning we had lunch then I went up to collect the dogs and take them for a walk, took them round the local park as I wanted to try and keep them clean, round the park with strong wind and heavy rain, then when heading home with them the rain stopped back home and clothes hung up to dry, if it now stays dry I might go and dig out the soil in the greenhouse, but first I need to inspect the inside of the eye lids ​​​​​

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright and a wee bit cool, but looks like it should be a lovely morning, if hot a bit later on. Off out this morning to drop off a Lidl purchase that has to be returned. It was their battery-powered spray thing where you drop the end of a hose in a barrel. I had high hopes of it, thinking that I would at last be able to wash pests off my brassicas rather than having to squish them. But it doesn't work, which is a big shame. I had high hopes of it. Then a bit of shopping and back home via the mechanic's to see what the latest is on my car. It passed its MOT on what we thought it would fail on (but no time to fix in advance) and failed on a suspension fixing. First time it's failed, as far as I recall, in the years since we've had it. It first hit the road in February 1992, so I think it's entitled to have a little suspension trouble, especially given the state of our dirt tracks at the moment.

Enjoy the smiles while you can. I might be hogging them a bit this weekend, as it should be a good one. Gardening at last!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just a quick bob in to say hi…and now off on a grory hop and all that involves with a looong list of non grocery stuff I want/ need to take back with me from about 8 different shops …( poor OH)
                                Best get it done today so we can forget about it until our last day in the uk.

Not had a chance to read back, so I hope all is well with everyone x
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X