This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all,D
    We have a light frost here at the moment but it’s due to go up to 13C later, so I’m hoping to get some things done outside when it warms up. I’m really starting to get itchy fingers looking at my seed packets but I have to be realistic. Hard innit?

Hope you are feeling a bit brighter today CG?

My daughter has a patch of land roughly 8m x 20m which she’s wanting to turn into a raised bed patch/ wildflower/ edible forest garden and she’s asked me to make/ evolve a selection of plans so we can help create it when we’re next over. Quite exciting eh? I’ll be in my element planning this. Better get some Ralgex and Radox ordered too!
    So I guess that’s my day sorted!

It’s the Big Garden Birdwatch weekend apparently - I’ll pop up a link if anyone fancies an hour of bird counting?

Enjoy your day peeps and as Rary says- pass on a smile.
    Last edited by Nicos; 28-01-2024, 07:51 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All. Dull here. My son is on his way with a tasty sandwich. Hope you're feeling better CG. Have a lovely Sunday
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning dull and gusty winds here this morning. Nothing much on the cards today.
        Hope you are feeling better CG!
        Enjoy your day folks x
        sigpic

Comment

• Oh joy! I decided to snuggle down in bed after I'd been on here earlier and try and have another half hour until the heating warmed things up ........ two hours later I surfaced again. The best two hours sleep of the week. I awoke feeling so relaxed, not an ache or pain anywhere.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 28-01-2024, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Bramble I used to knit a lot of aran jumpers and cardigans MrPots has a jumper I knitted him 40 years ago
            Bren, i"m not surprised. They were works of art and were made to last.
            I wish I had kept mine.
            I loved knitting them as you could see it all taking shape.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Dry and breezy here at 11 degs.
              We are forecast rain this afternoon bringing down Sahara dust with it.
              The usual Sunday visit to church and then grandson coming for lunch.
              I think after that I will spend a bit of time on my jigsaw.

CG, I hope you feel better soon

Jay, hope you're feeling more upbeat.

Have a lovely sundsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I was once amazed to go shopping and see a girl of about seven or eight walking around town wearing a jacket I had made for my one of my nieces about 15 years earlier. I knew it was the one I made as it was an aran pattern in double knit in silver grey, with a hood and pompoms, but when it was finished I'd decided it was a bit boring for a little girl and embroidered pink and blue flowers into all the "diamonds". I had to introduce myself to the mother who was really happy to meet me. I hope she wasn't too upset when she found out it wasn't made by someone famous.

A couple of Christmases ago I visited one of my sisters and her daughter was wearing a Snowman and Chrismas tree jumper I'd made for my sister about 40 years ago when my sister was a size 10.

On both these occasions it made me happy to see my "creations" still being worn.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 28-01-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Wow- a really sunny afternoon here at the moment- tis lovely in the sun but shaded from the wind.

gf…how wonderful to see your creations again! Well done on the quality of your workmanship x

Back in the ‘70’s my OH ( boyfriend at the time) asked if I could knit him a tank top . Bearing in mind I’d only ever knitted scarves and socks I wanted to impress so set about making something very similar to this….
                  https://www.broraonline.com/uk/wool-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                  It’s wrapped away in a drawer and has followed us from house to house once they went out of fashion. I can’t bear to part with it as it took literally months and a lot of unpicking so as to impress said man
                  Just waiting for it to come back into fashion again!

Anyone fancy a brew?
                  Last edited by Nicos; 28-01-2024, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

At that kind of price for the shop version, Nicos, it doesn't matter if that tank top is fashionable or not. It's definitely wearable. All the more so if made with love.

cleared out my mum's house last summer. Not a nice experience. So much stuff I had no idea what to do with. One item was an Aran jumper she knitted for my dad. It was lovely. A beautiful greenish-blue and quite intricate. Sadly, it wouldn't have fitted anyone in the family (he was very slight) and not in good enough condition for the local charity shops. Still makes me sad to think about it.

Weather clouding over at the moment, but still due to be bright tomorrow. Cold enough for a decent frost last night, though. Probably the same tomorrow. Had a productive morning doing a bit of spring cleaning and organising. Glad to have got it done. Still plenty more to go though...

Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Rary hopefully you’ll see this post

just to say that admin and the team have fixed the email problems and you’ll be able to change your password. When you do just check that it hasn’t gone in your spam.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening I thought I would give this another go , as I am now using a new tablet unfortunately still prob!ems, but think it's due to still trying to work out how to work the tablet,I am using a kindle at the moment so due to the small desktop? it takes me a bit of time to write anything and if I don't check every word something completely different could be posted, anyway I am back on and hopefully will get things sorted out.
                        I would ask a favour of one of the Mods, please remove this next sentence after three days​​​​​​,
                        I came back on because I missed you all
                        As said three(3) days, which of course would give me deniability in the future need to go now to prepare tonights tea, I will be back in again hopefully with some photos of my new project, so keep well and smiling
                        Last edited by rary; 28-01-2024, 04:39 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary! We missed you, so glad to see you
                          Last edited by Florence Fennel; 28-01-2024, 04:41 PM.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good to see you back Rary you have been missed by us all xx
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Rary! 3 days? ..yes of course xx
                              Last edited by Nicos; 28-01-2024, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Yip yip yip!…Rary is in the building!
                                …..someone needs to take charge of the smiles!
                                Mayhem is an understatement tbh!…what is their intention with pinching all my mini windmills which have gone AWLK ? Unless the last storm blew them away?
                                Rary…!???come on matey - we need some order please!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X