Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I order my scripts using the NHS app it’s quick then the pharmacy sends me a text when they’re ready to collect.

Flo it’s a shame Himself won’t see reason and use his tablet to make life easier. It must be frustrating for you.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Flo…I often wonder how I would cope here if anything happened to my OH.
      I did absolutely all the admin in the uk and had to leave everything here to my OH as he is fluent in French….it’s a concern we all have about our OHs / selves.
      No harm in addressing it now and writing things out on paper…access codes/ passwords etc. We’ve started doing that in anticipation of the future…who knows if/ when we get dementia/ stroke or die and can’t share the info with dependants or next of kin.
      All this internet technology/ access codes/ fingerprint access is actually a concern when you face up to the circumstances like that!

So no Flo, not a confession weight- more like touching on a potential reality for which we all need to step back and consider!
      Thank you for bringing up the subject x
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• And on that happy note….

Comment

• Good evening all.

Flo, and Nicos, it's a concern for me as well.
          We are both computer literate but my OH pays all the bill's, renews house and car insurance and does the banking on line.
          I haven't a clue as he always did it so I didnt feel the need to.
          As we are both now getting older I know I will have to get to grips with it....so well done for giving me a reminder.

Having said all that, it was a lovely sunny day and I had a nice walk.
          Got out my knitting and started off again.

The jigsaw is still getting a lot of my attention.
          For anybody who is interested, it's a picture of a vintage sewing room and it's just lovely.

Off to make the dinner now so have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Rubbish night’s sleep
            Not what I needed with a busy day ahead…oh well.
            Cant believe it’ll be February tomorrow…where did January go?

Off out in a little while up near the coast, but no time to stop off there. Maybe a quick coffee in IKEA though?
            There are loads of protesting farmers blocking main roads causing chaos, so that might be interesting….

Tea and porridge anyone?…I’ve defrosted some of our cherries to go with it!

Whatever you get up to, enjoy your day!

Comment

• Morning

I had my porridge earlier Nicos thanks, I'd stirred in some honey roasted rhubarb and orange from the freezer then topped with a dollop of yoghurt. Good luck with your trip hopefully you won't get to delayed or detoured by the protestors.

Bramble I'm struggling with one of my jigsaw puzzles its a crossword so there's lots of blank squares that look the same, if I manage to place a couple of pieces I think I've done well.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty start here so I've been reading my book in bed. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Could I just snaffle some cherries to have with my yogurt, Nicos? Not a huge porridge fan, but a day without yogurt or kefir isn't right.

A crossword jigsaw puzzle, Bren? That would drive me mad. I nearly said potty but thought better of it...

Dull start to the day here, but enough sunshine now to run the house. So that's good. Still got plenty to keep me busy indoors, but I'm smiling, so clearly not overwhelmed by it all. Mr Snoop is off out on a shopping run for us. Hope he doesn't mind the list, as it's rather long.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• The air is blue here - I had a 190 streak on Wordle and failed today
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's coId and grey here this morning with high winds and rain forecast for later.

I hope your trip goes well Nicos and you don't get held up. The first french word I actually learned in France many years ago was grève.
                      I was also once driving in Calais trying to get to Eurotunnel when there were riots.

I really ought to do a grory hop today and top up on the necessities of life.

The fish, chips and peas last night were really nice by the way, but still far too many chips.

Comment

• Good morning g all, it's cold and dry but very breezy.

Brenk I think that would be a jigsaw challenge too far!.

Nicos, would love done cherries to go with my porridge, enjoy your trip.

Flo, wel, done for getting a winning streak of 190, I have never got into triple figures.

Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good day, wild and wet here was going to go and collect some seaweed but when the wind is so strong it's a waste of time as the seaweed can be whipped back into the seaweed,and of course I don't go into the greenhouse when there's high winds, I feel that I should be doing something but have to sit about taking it easy as OH wanted to do some housework but I said we should take the chance of having a lazy day, guess who now thinks they made a mistake😕🙄 I can't be doing with just sitting about I will need to go and do something, but not housework have a good day and be happy
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                            The air is blue here - I had a 190 streak on Wordle and failed today
                            Flo, MrPots does Wordle and failed at 130 a few weeks ago so he sympathises with you.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Chilly today, it felt quite raw when I did the Grory Hop. As my library is now closed till Easter, I popped into the community library on the way back, it's a big space, but not many shelf racks so not many books. They do a lot of activities and such to encourage people to use it, I'd rather they just had more books! Still beggars can't be choosers, and It's better than nothing.

Flo, 190 is a great achievement. I empty my cookies too often to build up a run on Wordle or anything else.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                ..I've just put some tomato seeds on damp kitchen roll to see if they will germinate. I don't hold out a great deal of hope, since they are self-saved seeds from 2014, which I've only just twigged is ten years ago! Wonder where those ten years went.....
                                I'm amazed! Yesterday 4 out of the 6 seeds had germinated, and today the other two have started as well. I really didn't think ten year old seeds would be any good, especially as they were self saved, so not vaccuum sealed or anything, just in a fold of kitchen towel in a mini ziplock bag.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X