This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

It looks a like being a dry day here today, so I'll be out in the garden later.

Nicos i love Charity shops you never know what you'll spot, the last thing I bought was a bag of mixed wool to practice crocheting.
    No thanks to porridge thats my weekday breakfast, today I've had a eggy bread topped with mushrooms. very tasty.

CG about your question you might be better posting it in 'Vegging out' you'll hopefully receive more answers on there.

Enjoy your day
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 27-01-2024, 09:02 AM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

An awful night's sleep and I don't know why. At 4am I was surfing the net as I just could not sleep.

About thirty years ago, when moving to live in a much smaller space, a boat, I sold all my knitting needles and patterns at a car boot sale as I couldn't see myself using them again. About ten years later I went to another car boot sale and bought a similar job lot of needles back again. Most of the patterns I have bought since have come from Ebay.

It's 7°C with thick cloud here this morning.

Comment

• Good Morning. Cloudy here too and cold. I coincidentally came across a video of Tunisian crochet yesterday Nicos. Big Brother must be listening to our chats Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

A decent bit of frost this morning. Thin clouds up top, but not enough to stop the solar panels and batteries from getting a good breakfast. Hope they make the most of it. Cloud (but no rain) forecast early next week. And as for my breakfast, a really frothy white coffee. Three cheers for Mr Snoop!

Glad you spotted the smiles, Nicos. I had a lie-in today and they were long gone by the time I got up. Wonder where they got their glad rags from? Someone been knitting and/or crocheting them?

On the cards for today: a bit of work to get ahead of myself for the week, a bit of baking, bit of cooking for the freezer and a bit more sorting, this time all the first-aid and assorted painkillers and cold relief stuff. Tedious, but needs must.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            It's a bright but cool morning here.
            No plans for the day but I'm sure something will pop up to occupy me.

Nicos, dont know about the grandparents day being new.
            When my grandaughter went into secondary school at the age of twelve they had the grandparents day.
            We all had a pic taken with our grandchild and it was framed and presented to us as we were leaving.
            I think it's a lovely idea as you are included in the whole school thing.
            Especially now as it's mostly grandparents who look after the kids when school is finished.

All the talk of crochet is tempting me to give it another try.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Sorry to read your news, Jay. It's hard to keep cheerful when you keep getting knock-backs. Hopefully the new treatment will be more efficacious, and Spring will bring you better health.

I've just put some tomato seeds on damp kitchen roll to see if they will germinate. I don't hold out a great deal of hope, since they are self-saved seeds from 2014, which I've only just twigged is ten years ago! Wonder where those ten years went.....

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon!

All this chat of knitting and crochet has finally empowered me to get out my knitting needle bag ( well one of them anyway as I can’t readily put my hands on the one my mom gave me) and I’ve sorted them into different sizes. I did that about 20 years ago and the bands have rotted over time.
                What I did notice is that although I’ve been given loads, there are an awful lot of plastic ones which I don’t really get on with- they seem to drag? Many are also non- metric so that was fun trying to pair up sizes.
                I’ve decided now is a good time to keep a look out for more metal ones. If I get too many I can always hand them on. At 50cents a pair it would be bonkers not to! So I’ve actually written out a list of what I’ve got and put it in my purse …I’m never that organised! Think I best go and lie down or something!
                Well, it made a change from sorting seeds, but the seeds are much more enticing…a promise of yummy things to come!

Let us know how those seeds come on MH. I sowed some red, currant tomatoes about 10 years out of date when we first moved here and about half germinated.

The sun is pouring down on us today. Hibou is snoring on our bed in the full sunshine - she’s actually really hot! What a life

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, I like the metal needles best too. I like mine to be extra long as well as I like to tuck one under my arm. I also really liked it when they invented cable needles with a vee in them.

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s been sunny in the garden until just before 3.ish so I’m indoors to have tea and toasted scones.

GF I can’t knit with the needles under an arm it just doesn’t work for me. I agree metal needles feel better there’s none of that drag but they are noisier to use.

Comment

• My knitting bag is a mix of needles inherited from my grandma, my mum, my MIL and the ones I've bought myself. Some are wood, some metal and some plastic. At the bottom are stitch holders, cable needles and nappy pins. There's also a couple of row counters and pencils. It's been a trip down memory lane looking at old patterns. I've also found enough knitted squares to make a blanket. I remember that years ago I looked for an easy way to join them up, but gave up!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        Didnt get around to digging out my knitting as the jigsaw took up my evening.
                        I couldn't knit with the needles underarm, it would feel uncomfortable for me.
                        I too have a bag of needles, they are all metal though and cable needles and row counters.
                        I was reading an article today that said that aran knitwear is coming back into fashion.
                        When my children were growing up I spent years knitting aran sweaters for them.
                        I am tempted to knit a sweater for my grandson.
                        Unfortunately I gave away my knitting patterns so will have to hunt down some new ones
                        Not a lot else to report so have a nice evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bramble I used to knit a lot of aran jumpers and cardigans MrPots has a jumper I knitted him 40 years ago

Comment

• Evening
                            Achieved nothing today as I felt rubbish, hope whatever passes quickly.
                            I can't knit, well maybe a scarf but have metal and bamboo needles at the ready. I.find needles awkward that's why I prefer crochet.
                            OH has a rubbish film on so Ive watched the microgreens video and some Charles Dowdling no dig ones
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning.

A cloudy 6°C here. I am debating whether to get up and make coffee or try and have another hour in bed.

Nothing exciting planned for today.

Hope you feel better soon, CG.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 28-01-2024, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being another dry day here, so I'll be in the garden later.

Eggy bread and mushrooms for breakfast I didn't fancy bacon.

Hope you have a better day today CG.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X