• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww Flo, I’m so sorry! Thinking of you all. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Oh, Flo. Again. A cyber hug for you too. x

Comment

• So sorry for your loss Mr and Mrs Grednishfing.

Flo , sad news about Chester.

Another left hander here, I think that's what made it difficult for anyone trying to teach me to crochet,
        Tempting me back now it has been mentioned, 😃

It's a beautiful sunny afternoo here but an icy breeze.
        Have a good afternoon all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to hear of your loss GF, seems this time of year, my wife lost both her brother in law and father either side of New Year.
          Snowing here too.

Comment

• Flo, so sad to hear about Chester.

Comment

• Flo so sorry to hear about Chester he’ll be missed by you all xx
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening
                I can crochet Its much easier when someone sits next to me showing me step by step what to do. I’ve only made practice squares up to yet but I’m confident I’ll be fine now.

Comment

• Morning all.

Dull outside. Even the drizzle can barely be bothered with it this morning. With any luck I'll have a more productive day than the weather, as there's a lot to get through. Going along quite nicely, though.

Happy crocheting to those of you giving it a go. Crochet looks a bit more my kind of thing than knitting. Or rather it looked more like my kind of thing till someone sent me a crocheted shawl that was altogether too delicate and pretty and not at all suited to great galumphing me.

Right, on that note, better get on with the show.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A sunny day for us today so I'll wrap up and go for a stroll at some point.

Snoop I've been looking through my craft books and found a 1972 one with crocheting patterns things like bikinis and trousers all very 70's style. I think that might have put me crocheting at that time.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning. Sunny but minus 1. I have my children's Baptism layette that was done in 1972. All crocheted - the shawl must have taken some work it's so intricate. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

Still a chilly -2°C here, but glorious sunshine.

I may not have slept the night before last but I have now made up for it. I went to bed at 11pm, was wide awake at 4am, but then managed to drop off again until 8am, when I turned the heating up and went back for 10 minutes until it warmed up. Two hours later I eventually woke up again. I feel so much better for the big sleep although a bit groggy.

I really ought to do a supermarket shop today as the fridge is looking a tad bare.

I remember when I was little been given wool, an old bobbin with four nails in it and a crochet hook and making a "snake" that grew threw the hole in the middle. I'm not sure when use it was supposed to have when completed.
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 17-01-2024, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Dry, cold and sunny, Jack frost certainly visited overnight.
                          A walk to the library this morning as it's too nice yo stay indoors.
                          I never got to try out my crochet skills yesterday, the jigsaw took over.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We called that "French Knitting" GF. When it was long enough we coiled the snake to make table mats!
                            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 17-01-2024, 10:55 AM.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              We called that "French Knitting" GF. When it was long enough we coiled the snake to make table mats!
                              Horrible child that I was I think I just teased the cat with mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                We called that "French Knitting" GF. When it was long enough we coiled the snake to make table mats!
                                I remember trying to skip with mine but it wasn't heavy enough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X