This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    I was just roaming around the web earlier and came across paint by numbers kits for adults, lots of different companies. I remember getting one as a present over 50 years ago and enjoying it.

I'm now considering getting one for one of my sisters for her birthday. It's the sort of thing she wouldn't buy for herself and I know that whenever I bought anything arty or crafty for her daughter when she was young my sister was always there to "help" (take over).

I just wondered if anyone had bought a modern one and had any tips, recommendations....or otherwise.
    Sorry GF, I forgot to reply to this. Might make for a great gift if your sister has good hand control. We tried them for my dad and more recently my mum, but they didn't get very far with them and in fact set them back in terms of mood, as they made my parents realise the fine motor skills they'd lost.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-01-2024, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• evening all,

It was a nice day till about 3:30 ish when it started to drizzle. Went out for the usual walk with Gus followed by a coffee and a pork and stuffing batch at a local cafe along the Canal from where we'd been walking .... darn good it was too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gus2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	2573672
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Sorry GF, I forgot to reply to this. Might make for a great gift if your sister has good hand control. We tried them for my dad and more recently my mum, but they didn't get very far with them and in fact set them back in terms of mood, as they made my parents realise the fine motor skills they'd lost.
        This would be for my youngest sister who is only 60 or 61? at the moment and who I think has excellent motor skills. I used to laugh when her daughter had to do homework that involved painting or models as my sister was in there "helping" apart from when it involved sewing. At that point I lent my niece my sewing machine, gave her a quick, basic hands on lesson and the instruction book.

Comment

• Evening all
          Seeds are calling my name even though the cold weather isn't.
          How is everyone xx
          Last edited by Containergardener; 14-01-2024, 06:02 PM.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Sounds like it would make the perfect gift, then, GF.

Nice and sunny for the photo, NtG. Gus looking very handsome. Like his owner, doubtless.

All good down south, CG. Have you got a plot yet?

Comment

....Nice and sunny for the photo, NtG. Gus looking very handsome. Like his owner, doubtless.
              he's better house trained than me
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

• Nick looking at that sunny photo it’s hard to thinks it’s January.

CG no seed sowing here yet probable late next month at the earliest for me.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sounds like it would make the perfect gift, then, GF.

Nice and sunny for the photo, NtG. Gus looking very handsome. Like his owner, doubtless.

All good down south, CG. Have you got a plot yet?
                  No snoop, i'm just going with the same old pots, maybe a bit of border. Good to hear all is well.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Lovely to see you GF !
                    I went to check on my seeds the other day and noticed something has been eating some of my packets ( and seeds) in the barn. Mostly flower seeds, but it’s disappointing I’d mislaid them , forgot about them, then just left them out as an ‘eat all you can’ wildlife buffet
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Currently cloudy, drizzle forecast for this afternoon. Mr Snoop off into town for errands, me holding the fort, walking the dogs and working. Most definitely working. Not a very productive weekend in that respect, but never mind. There's always today...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        It's a beautiful dry sunny morning but the temp is just 0
                        No plans for the day but I will definitely go out walking.
                        Beef stew simmering away in the slow cooker so that's dinner taken care of.
                        Have a good day all and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

Brrrr! It's cold and sunny here, -1°C. The car is an ice cube. We've got snow possibly forecast for tomorrow. Hibernation time! I should be so lucky. I just couldn't stay asleep last night.

I'm taking my brother-in-law to the eye hospital this afternoon for his yearly appointment. Last year the car park was covered in snow and a sledge would have been useful.

I'll give him his banana loaf too and deliver one to a friend while I'm out and about.

Comment

• Morning

It's sunny here but going down to -3 this afternoon, just a few things to do in the garden and a stroll later but thats it for anything planned.

Enjoy your day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Sunny but freezing here too. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Dull and damp here. It’s amazing how bright our lounge was when we were surrounded by snow- now I need the lights on

I’m packing up the camper for a few days away, so I’m glad it’s not raining at least

Keep warm ( I’ve packed my thermals!) and keep safe with all this slippy ice!

Enjoy your day peeps
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X