This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’allVery brrr again here - I thought we were supposed to be getting warmer whilst the uk was getting colder!…looks like we’re all getting that cold snap again -6 C forecast again.…
    We've got it going down to -3 and -4 this week so maybe the forecast is a bit slow.

Nicos I've not had Stollen for ages I do like it but does everyone else also get covered in icing sugar? Today for afternoon tea we're having toasted teacakes.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon.

In the end I felt grotty and basically did the bare minimum yesterday.
      I have just got around to making the banana loaves today. The smell is gorgeous.

I quite like stollen apart from the lump of marzipan in it.

It feels really cold here again.....Amsterdam weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

We've got it going down to -3 and -4 this week so maybe the forecast is a bit slow.

Nicos I've not had Stollen for ages I do like it but does everyone else also get covered in icing sugar? Today for afternoon tea we're having toasted teacakes.
        My wife tends to get the Stollen bites from Aldi as she says theyre the best and aren't smothered in icing sugar.
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

• I don't think I've ever tried Stollen. I've obviously lived a very sheltered life Is there any left?
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I was just roaming around the web earlier and came across paint by numbers kits for adults, lots of different companies. I remember getting one as a present over 50 years ago and enjoying it.

I'm now considering getting one for one of my sisters for her birthday. It's the sort of thing she wouldn't buy for herself and I know that whenever I bought anything arty or crafty for her daughter when she was young my sister was always there to "help" (take over).

I just wondered if anyone had bought a modern one and had any tips, recommendations....or otherwise.

Comment

• Just like the thing…Nicos offers a brew and some stollen and then disappears!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post

My wife tends to get the Stollen bites from Aldi as she says theyre the best and aren't smothered in icing sugar.
                Thanks for that Nick, I’ve had the larger Stollen but not the bites I’ll try them next time.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Frosty here. Have a lovely Sunday
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

A frosty start here as well Flo, not that I've ventured out just yet.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning.

2°C and cloudy here. We did have a frost early in the night but it's melted away. I've just been watching a magpie checking out one of last year's nests high in a nearby tree. I think he/she is a bit over enthusiastic but it's obvious that it thinks that Spring is around the corner.

I've just taken bread out of the breadmaker. I love the smell of fresh bread. I've just put some beer into the fridge as there's now a vague idea of beer battered onion rings floating round in my brain (one of my favourite foods)

I'll make some buns next so that we can have them warm for elevenses.

Comment

• Morning all.

Temperature rose in the night and the frost at bedtime had gone by this morning. Dull as ditchwater out there now and due to stay the same all week. Some drizzle forecast but not that much.

Busy day ahead. Had planned to do some work but clearly Mr Snoop has other ideas in mind: more organisation of stuff. Better get a move on, then.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited: the spellchecker didn't like ditchwater but it's right. So much as I'm allowing my day to be derailed by Mr Snoop, I shall at least stick to my guns on ditchwater.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-01-2024, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Dull as ditchwater here too ..and it was -3C when I went down to make the first brew of the day.
                          Hibou wasn’t out long either!

Not quite sure what the plan is today but I do want to get the camper sorted inside whilst it’s still light, ready for a trip out this week.
                          Topping up teabags, coffee, cup-a-soups etc etc

We’re out tomorrow too , so , as it’s near a hypermarket, I’ll put my thinking hat on for a grory hop list.

I can smell that bread gf….mmmmm…..enjoy!

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to…

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
                            it's a half and half day outside, a lot of cloud, but quite a bit of blue sky too. A tinge of frost this morning has gone already.

I've got to undo some knitting, it's only a teddy jumper, but I'm doing Fair Isle and realised today I've missed out 6 rows of pattern on the second sleeve. And I'd got right to the top and cast off. That will teach me not to do patterns from memory, but to look at what I've already done!

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Mothhawk, I like that explanation for your weather, mine is half and half as well.
                              Going to church shortly and then grandson is coming for lunch.
                              Hoping to get back to my jigsaw some time later in the day.
                              Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just finished the hat and now starting a simpler one…
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X