Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, sunny and freezing here too with snow forecast for tomorrow. Nothing on the cards today so maybe a walk later. Enjoy your day folks. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Evening, wrap up warm and enjoy your break Nicos. I’ve been wearing my thermals and lined trousers these past couple of weeks they really do make a difference.

Jay good luck with your snow tomorrow theres some a few miles away from us so maybe it’ll pass us by.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all
        Have you noticed it’s started staying lighter later? Yipppppeee..
        Spring is on its way!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

We've had a few flurries of snow but nothing more, hopefully that's it for the day. Of to the library later then I'm having a go at crocheting.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

Yes, Nicos, slightly longer days. Wish the mornings would hurry up and catch up. Mind you, nothing doing outside today as it's looking like wall to wall drizzle out there. Not forecast, so lucky I moved a load of firewood indoors last night.

More of the usuals today plus a phone call to Ikea. My last delivery was in two parts, one delivered by the postal service, the other by a newish company that picks the load as well. Anyway, second delivery was incomplete, so that's already been sorted. But the postal service one hasn't arrived at all. If no-one's in, they leave it at the post office. But this time, neither hide nor hair of it even though the postal service says it has been delivered and signed for. So another online chat will ensue. Fingers crossed they accept it hasn't been delivered...

Mr Snoop off into town today, so it'll be dog walking duties for me in a bit. Hope there's a lull in the drizzle for all of our sakes.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All. There's a flurry of snowfall here. I can't get the hang of crochet Bren - all I can manage are long chains and that's with the help of U Tube! Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning allVery cold here but bright and dry.
                Line dancing day so that should keep me warm.

Bren, I went to crochet classes a few years ago and made a few blankets.
                I absolutely cannot remember how yo do it now, shame because I would like to take it up again.

Think I will be doing more of my jigsaw this afternoon, not a lot else on the cards.
                Have a good day all and stay warm.

l

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

I am absolutely shattered as Mr GF's sister who was in a care home died at the age of 92 in the early hours of this morning. It was expected, but upsetting nonetheless and I couldn't get back to sleep.

This morning I've been on the phone to her other brother, her two really old friends, the care home and the funeral director.

We've got flurries of snow here this morning but nothing major.

I think I'm going to have a lazy day.

Comment

• Good luck with the crocheting, Bren. My gran attempted to teach me as a child, along with such ladylike skills as tatting and embroidery. I was a left handed tomboy so she had limited success. However I do remember making a waistcoat out of crocheted squares in the late sixties/early seventies.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss GF, it's still a shock even when expected.

Comment

• Thinking of you and your family GF xx

Comment

• GF my gran also tried to show me how to crochet it looked so easy but I was left handed so it didn't work out. Someone's coming over this afternoon who can crochet so hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Will let you know later how i get on.

Comment

• Morning all,

So sorry for your loss GF, thinking of you and Mr. GF!

So far snow is coming to nothing, hope it stays that way as I’ve a hospital appointment this afternoon!

Bren, I taught myself how to crochet using YouTube, my first project was a pair of high tops for my granddaughter when she was months old. I was quite proud to be honest. Prefer it to knitting.
                            sigpic

Comment

• So sorry to read your news, GF. Hope Mr GF is OK. Big cyber hug to you. x

Comment

• You're both giving me the itch to try again with crochet,, but I fear it's like my bread making - doomed to fail

I've just had the sad news that the decision has been made to put Chester to sleep tomorrow. He's now incontinent and really struggling to move
                                Last edited by Florence Fennel; 16-01-2024, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X