Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phew from me too Jay…I was really quite concerned given that it’s on the rise again.
    Yesterday in Ikea, I spotted 3 people wearing masks( not seen many here at all all summer) - also the date for our boosters has been brought forward so it looks like we’re all going to need to be very cautious again, certainly until we’re vaccinated.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Really pleased to hear that Jay xx
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Good news Jay Blustery and raining here too. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Bright and breezy but dry here after an awful night of wind and rain.
          The laundry is out and drying nicely.
          Grory hop and a visit to the post office.
          Returning books to the library.
          Lots of little errands today.

Jay, So pleased to hear you're test was negative...phew! ,!

Nicos, I wouldnt want yo drive that car, too many gadgets on it for me.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Agreed Bramble - too many gadgets to go wrong too and no doubt expensive to fix as they will inevitably stop working

Give me a simple , basic car ( but preferably with air con and heated seats!) any day.

OH…and where has this wind suddenly appeared from?…looks like my cooking down of windfall apples could take much longer than expected

Comment

• Good afternoon

Jay, you must be so relieved.

Nicos, the electric Jaguar must have been great to try. I agree that cars now are getting so futuristic. So many gadgets, most of which never get used. When we took our current car for a test drive before we purchased it I was stuck outside the showroom as I really couldn't find the handbrake! It was a little flick switch!🤯 I agree about aircon but not bothered about seat heaters.

A productive morning. Just as I was going out I got a text to say a click and collect order was ready to collect on the outskirts of the city. I've taken my brother-in-law his shopping I got for him yesterday, been to the post office to get him some cash out, got Mr GF a newspaper and picked up the click and collect order which was for Mr GF too. I've made buns, set the braising steak off in the slow cooker and got milk jellies with strawberries in chilling in the fridge.

I've set the washer off but I don't think I'll get anything dry outdoors today.

Comment

• Ironing done! Mainly linen dresses that are not likely to be worn again this year. Still raining so up to the Escape Room for a while

Comment

• Thanks for the advice girls, I might give contacting the doc. a go, even if it is just for something to control the pins and needles, I wear braces at night that go from the base of my fingers to mid way up my arm, as I get the numbness in my hand shortly after taking them off I have tried going with the being a bit slacker, but need to tighten them up again, though they are not the most comfortable things to go to bed with I at least get a night's sleep.
                  Happy for you Jay, and hope you always avoid the covid, Snoop it's been a fair number of years since we have been so hot that we had to go in the house​​​​​​, we were out for a time this morning did some shopping then went for our lunch, while out it was dry and some blue sky, driving home the sky got darker, and just in the door when the heavens opened, it actually looked as if there was some hale with the heavy rain, the forecast for the next week doesn't look very promising either, however we just have to take what we get, and be grateful for small mercies especially when you see the weather in other places, I now need to go and inspect the inside of the eye lids, have a good day Folks
                  Last edited by rary; 20-09-2023, 01:55 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

The last of the plums have been picked and cooked and are now cooling ready to be bagged up for the freezer. The batch of pears ripening on the windowsill have also been cooked down and bagged up. All the windfall apples are cooked and frozen and I have an apple and blackberry crumble in the oven as I speak. It’s actually the little oven in the microwave - which we hardly ever use- so it’ll be interesting to see how well that works.
                    My hands are now stained brown so I really, really don’t think handling white sheets for ironing is a good idea at all - do you? Don’t think I’d like to risk a brown stain on a clean sheet..nah…deffo not worth it is it? I mean…the ironing can surely wait another few days?…it won’t really matter will it? ** averts eyes guiltily away from the ironing pile **

so now then - who fancies a brew?

Comment

• Busy day here and then collected my grandson from school.
                      We have only put away the toys and are just chilling out.
                      Plenty of energy needed for a five year old.
                      Having said that, we look forward to having him.
                      Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dry but cloudy here. Apples to pick up so going to do that this morning with Frank for company. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being fine till lunchtime so the laundry's going out, Grory hop today not sure after that.

enjoy your day.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Definitely not a good idea to do the ironing, Nicos. All that will happen is just as you're putting the laundry away, you'll spot the stains and have to launder and iron it yet again.

Bright out at the moment and in the mid-teens for temperature. Due to get cloudy this afternoon. Low of eleven last night. Just right.

The JCB man got in touch yesterday at long last. He was waiting for someone else to contact him and wasn't sure why nothing was happening. Anyway, all sorted and at some suitable point he'll come and start on the work. There's lots for him to do for the three of us in the valley, especially as Mr Snoop and I have been discussing clearing an abandoned terrace on our land and planting some olive trees up there.

If you use olive oil a fair bit, get some stocks in as soon as the new oil has come in. The olive harvest won't be good down south because of the drought. Our local olive oil price has been gradually climbing but shot up 30% last week as the shortage is starting to make itself felt. Nine euros a litre for extra virgin olive oil here now.

Right, on with the show. Plenty to do as per, but not overwhelming. Phew! Didn't manage to clean the chimney and range out yesterday, so must do that today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Bright and breezy here so off out for a walk.
                              Had the car for its MOT earlier and all fine for another year.
                              Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

A chilly but sunny morning here. Still only 11°C. At least it's not raining ....... yet.

Snoop, I'll maybe stock up on some olive oil. I'll have a peek in my storeroom to see how much I've already got.

I had a terrible night's sleep last night. I just couldn't stay asleep.

I've just had a look and I've still got 5 litres of olive oil in stock. I'm just remembering that when I was a child you could only buy olive oil in tiny bottles in chemists. I never used it in cooking until after I left home.

​​​​​​​The sun has now disappeared from view and thick cloud is building up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X