• Show
Clear All

• Love the pastera Snoop - fabulous!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Morning all.

I long for the day when I have work surfaces... The kitchen is still waiting to be reroofed. When that's done, I'm promised a really good kitchen. Not looking like it'll be coming any time soon, mind. Ah well. Better late than never. So long as it's not so late that I'm too old and crotchety to want to use it.
      I take it this is now a rush job Snoop
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

You do live dangerously Rary😳😳 Would you dare say that if she was your neighbour?🤕🥴🥺

Comment

It depends on whether you're Mr Snoop or not. I wouldn't mind if it was a rush job, but he has other ideas. And he's right, there's plenty of time...

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

You do live dangerously Rary😳😳 Would you dare say that if she was your neighbour?🤕🥴🥺
            I doubt rary would say anything of the kind, gf, just in case I stopped doling out cakes and buns.

Comment

• It is really hot, sticky and airless here now. After looking at the weather forecast and seeing that after today there is lots of rain around I decided to change the bed and wash the bedding. It's hanging outdoors listlessly but I'm sure it will dry regardless.

I got my new top changed for a larger size this morning with no problems and got the very last one.

I'm really hoping the temperature cools tonight as last night I hardly slept. I am out of practice with heat these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I know the limits gf, I was going to mention where you got stuck in the cupboard, and ask if it's possibly middle age spread that was responsible, but then thought better not to mention it, just to be on the safe side if we ever met​​​​​​
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

I know the limits gf, I was going to mention where you got stuck in the cupboard, and ask if it's possibly middle age spread that was responsible, but then thought better not to mention it, just to be on the safe side if we ever met​​​​​​
                  Weirdly enough, during the time I "should" have had middle aged spread I lost so much weight that I got sent for x-ray, scans etc....... with nothing found amiss. I think that it was just worry about my and Mr GF's health at the time. As things have settled down my weight went back on ...... with extra! I think have heard the saying " fat and happy". However I do intend to make a new year's resolution (3 months away!!!)

Comment

• I am going to try and lose some weight before I reach middle age, though I have several years to go, but I will keep out of cupboards just to be safe

Comment

• Good evening, I was out early this morning as I had to take the car for a service, then when I got back home I was out to the garden, I had to cut a couple of slabs, once I gor that done I got back to clearing the section for the dividing path but unfortunately I have hit a section of tree which is too large toxsaw through, so I will have to clear a section of both beds to get it out, which hopefully I will get done tomorrow, while sitting here writing this post and looking out at the garden, I have decided extend the flower garden outside the conservatory, though I have roses, dahlias, nicotiana, mallow, nasturtium and sun flowers giving colour I think its too crowded so will I will move it back another three feet and doing that will give me somewhere to put my excesse soil from the veg bed alterations, though I will need to discipline myself not to over plant the area, well that my activities for over winter and as it's, raining now, there is no chance of getting some gardening done tonight.
                      However I wish you all a pleasant evening and for those who can sit outside, without any midges make the best of it. Goodnight
                      Last edited by rary; 09-09-2023, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Evening

I did early morning and evening gardening I did get my potatoes in and the pea frame down it was too hot out there for any length of time, I suppose its the only drawback to having a south facing garden.

Enjoy your evening
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning

A look around the vine then I'm of to cook breakfast another hot day here with rain/thunder later. We really do need that rain so I hope its more than a shower.

Enjoy your day.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy Sunday all.

Did anyone manage to spot the comet? it was quite cloudy and far too misty here . I shall just have to wait another 437 years for it to come again.

I've watered the tubs and runner beans this morning. The raspberries are looking very drouthy, but if I water them I'll be tempted to water everything, and I don't want to do that. Plants must learn to survive by themselves.

Bren, even my north facing garden is too hot to be out in. In the shade yesterday it was 28C
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot again innit? Have a lovely Sunday
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

Amazingly I think I slept quite well considering the temperature. There was no rain last night and only distant rumbles of thunder but the lightening was around for a long time.

I've got a fan making life bearable this morning by gently wafting the air around and things are supposed to cool off after today. Hard to believe that in a couple of weeks I'll probably be moaning about the miserable, cold weather.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X