• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Phew another scorcher! Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morni g all.
      Very grey with showers on the way,
      Squirrels Nicosl, they have only bern coming into my garden in the last 5 years or there about.
      We think it's because some of the nearby land is being built on and do the squirrels are being disturbed.
      Ours are the greybones, who have overtaken the lovely red ones.

Not sure what I will be doing today but some time in the garden.
      Enjoy your day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh dear- I’ve just been reading again about Wilko.
        Very sad news for everyone, employees and customers alike.
        I used to buy a lot from them.
        I guess there will be a few bargains to be had- if there’s much left.
        Last edited by Nicos; 11-09-2023, 09:41 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I remember getting my first garlic and onion bulbs from Wikinsons and that was more years ago than I care to remember

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Managed a trip to the library this morning, plus picking up a few odds and ends here and there, including 4 birthday cards - phew! what a price cards are now. I tend to use the moonie pig, but my mum likes to write in the ones she sends so I get them for her.

It's sad about Wilko, last time I went in, a fortnight ago, the shelves were already half bare. I used to get a lot of flower bulbs from there.

I think the opportunity to see the comet has gone now, it will be below the horizon until the day is too bright for it to be seen.
            Last edited by mothhawk; 11-09-2023, 12:44 PM.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening, slightly cooler today, unfortunately I haven't been out in the garden, watered the greenhouse first thing this morning, then got ready to go to the opticians for an eye test, which was quite an eye opener for me, I decided to get drops in my eyes as it, four or five years since I had that done in a test, I have now been told I have the start of a cateract in one of my eyes, I thought it was just old folk that got that​​​​​​, however it's not that bad, though I was told I they could arrange for a hospital checkup, but not for bothering with that as I would just be wasting both my and the doctors time, as I had the drops I needed to wait a bit before I could drive l, so let OH take me for a coffee, we then got some keys cut before going into the nearby Wilcos, where I bought some small flower pots and both sweet pea and colius seeds, wasn't really looking fot anything else, there was paintcwnd such but buying them just means more work. Once we got back home it was a very late lunch, then outside but decided to take Snoops advice and lay off any heavy work, it's pointless getting advice from older folk then just ignoring it though the pins and needles have been coming and going all day, hopefully I will get a night's sleep tonight, I am not used to a disturbed sleep and us younger folk need our sleep, need to go out and lock my hut then I will sit and read a book, wishing you all a pleasant evening and don't forget to smile. Goodnight
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                Nothing done in the garden today as it started to rain around noon and hasn't stopped since.
                It ended up being a domestics day.
                Rary, it's not just about getting older, it's about the bits that wont work like they should.
                Chill out and take it easy and I hope you sleep well.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Bramble its rained here since around 1.30 this afternoon and not really stopped, so nothing done outdoors here either.
                  I did get all my ripe GH toms picked roasted and frozen, I plan to make soup with the next batch that's ripe.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning

Its still raining here its here for the day according to the Metoffice giving my garden a much needed good soaking.

Catching up with house stuff today and some reading.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all.

Rain here too. Or rather heavy drizzle. It's lovely. Due to continue all day. It won't amount to much by the end of the day, but the forecast suggests it'll be same for the next few afternoons. All better than nothing.

Lots to keep me busy today, clacking away at the computer. Mr Snoop had a profitable middle of Lidl raid yesterday, so will probably be playing with his new toys some of the time. I might have a play with a food mixer later and make some ginger cake. My favourite 'family' teatime cake ever. So all good in the House of Snoop.

rary, did you ever try taking Vitamin B complex (especially B1, B6 and B12) for your hands? They really do work. Loads of info online from reputable sources.

Right, better get on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's coming down like stair rods here and that's the forecast for the day. Mr GF has got an appointment with a nurse at the surgery this morning. I really ought to do a grory hop then as the fridge looks rather empty. I'll see if my brother-in-law wants to come too.

Comment

• Morning, sun’s up and laundry on. Other than that I’m not doing much today. Ordered some jars which have to come today, we will see. If they do arrive will make some chutney tomorrow . Apple tree not giving as many apples this year but enough to get the chutney done again. I use the Lavender and Lovage recipe for Apple and Ginger Chutney…delicious!
                          Anyhoo hope you have a wonderful day whatever you are doing. x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here too. Dentist for a check up this morning. Have a good day

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                              Apple tree not giving as many apples this year but enough to get the chutney done again. I use the Lavender and Lovage recipe for Apple and Ginger Chutney…delicious!
                              x
                              Jay that’s one of my favourite recipes, I’ve got 4 jars from last year but I’ll be making some more once my apples are ready.

Comment

• Good morni g all.pNo rain, the sun is shining but it's just 11 degs.
                                Off to my line dancing and catch you all later. Have a good dsy.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X