Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning a frosty start here its not cleared yet either, hair cut first for me not to sure after that.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very cold last night but bright at the moment. Fog due to afflict us this afternoon. Again.

Haven't done much as yet so better get me skates on.

Big news here: I had a proper milky coffee this morning. Bliss. And a yoghurt for breakfast. More bliss. Life is looking up.

Oh, and I also had a couple of proper lols over at the Gardeners Rest. Thanks, everyone.

Oh, and Mr Snoop bought yet more mousetraps yesterday that will need to be set. The mice are obviously feeling the cold and have moved back indoors...

Oh, and Frankie says thanks for all the kind thoughts. He's still quite tired and, surprisingly, still a little groggy on his back legs. The vet weighed him and said he was over 5 kg, which strikes us as quite a lot. He's only seven months old. Either he's going to be an absolute whopper of a cat or they gave him too much anaesthetic. I suspect the latter. Though it is true he is quite sizeable already.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.Its a most miserable day here.
        Grey, cold and lashing rain.
        Getting the Christmas grocery shopping today and hopefully it wont be too busy.
        lots of last minute jobs to do, but nothing major.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well the extra hour (and a sneaky half) in bed was wonderful. I didn't go out until the car thawed. We're up to a balmy 3°C now. Only been to take a relative some of yesterdays cottage pie and pick up a newspaper. I've booked a care home visit for tomorrow morning as well. I hope it's better than the last one.

I have no excuse at all now not to do some cleaning.....Drat.....and double drat!

Comment

• Afternoon

I've delivered the last few cards, picked up a couple of lateral flow kits from the pharmacy, so we're all set for Christmas apart from the Grory hop tomorrow.
            Glad to hear Frankie is picking up after his opp
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
              What an absolutely miserable wet and grey day.
              However, grocery shopping is done and packed away.
              I had to rearrange the presses and freezer to fit everything in.

Snoop, glad to hear Frankie is ok, think he is going to be a large cat.

Nicos, trolly dash? You wouldnt do a trolly dash in our supermarket today.

Still no sign of Snadgar, I hope all is well with him.
              Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I am feeling like a cleaning martyr. I must have made families of spiders homeless this afternoon. Dusters and polish were working at full speed. At one point while polishing the dining table I remembered that the reason I had turned the drop leaf table round was because one of the leaves had "dropped". Oh dear! Random screws and a bit of elbow grease later I think I have done a basic Heath Robinson repair that will last into the New Year, I hope! I tend to belong to the " Bodge it and scarper" gang

I have now arranged to see both my sisters on Christmas Eve to deliver presents.

Comment

• Good morning, doesn't feel quite so cold as previous mornings recently, had a look at my car tyres all look OK but will check them out in the daylight, too easy to lose a dust cap if you drop it when it's dark, think I will get out to the garden after as I need to move aster plants and plant some daffodil bulbs also waiting on a delivery of two doz. phlox plants, so that will keep me busy for an hour or two, plus new mattress will be delivered today, well enjoy tday keep safe and keep smiling ​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• The above post was created about 7.30 this morning, I don't like to see things going to waste, so I posted it
                    Good evening, actually got out to the garden for a short time, less than an hour ​​​ then the rain started​​​​​​, then after lunch I got the delivery of the mattress, fortunately our daughter phoned, just as the delivery men were leaving, and I told her that I now had the mattress delivered and ofcourse OH caught on straight away the daughter had known about it, so that took some of the sting out of anything she was going to say to me, I just passed over the phone and left them to it though I must admit that I have removed any sharp objects and walking stick within OHs range Snoop when I was taking my dog to the vet to get the snip (needed to try and stop him running away, as a 6ft. fence was no barrier) walking out the door with him, daughter turned to her mum and said "we will see how he does, then consider Dad) shades of her mother in her.
                    Avoid crowds and keep safe​​​​​​
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, I'm sure your mattress will be much appreciated, even if there might be a few tuts and moans involved initially. I hope you both sleep well on it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                        Snoop when I was taking my dog to the vet to get the snip (needed to try and stop him running away, as a 6ft. fence was no barrier) walking out the door with him, daughter turned to her mum and said "we will see how he does, then consider Dad) shades of her mother in her.
                        ​​​​​​
                        Mr Snoop has always been anti-snipping. Crosses his legs and arms whenever it's mentioned. But in Frankie's case, there was no argument.

Hope you both get a good night's sleep.

Comment

• Evening!

Trolley dash was great.
                          Probably no more than 20 shoppers in a mahooosive hypermarket. 3 tills open and only one or two people queuing at those tills.
                          Bet this afternoon it was heaving!

One thing I’ve picked up here is that most french people don’t shop between 12.15 and 1.30 ( lunch time is designated eating time ) and they tend to leave things to the last minute to ensure everything is super fresh.
                          Looks like I found a window.
                          Lidl was the same - no more than 10 people in the shop , 2 tills open and queues of one and two people.
                          Amazing

All done and dusted now apart from chook food and fresh croissants to freeze for a couple of days. Plus, frustratingly, my stand-in GP couldn’t do the ‘routine’ tests I needed so I have to go elsewhere tomorrow morning​​​​​….

Snoop - give Frankie a hug from me, and I look forward to hearing what Mrs Rary thinks of her new mattress. They usually take a few days to get used to anyway.
                          Well done gf on your DIY skills.
                          and yes bramble - I’d noticed Snadge has gone quiet - as you say, I hope he’s ok.

keep safe everyone…hugs where you can and lots of smiles where you can’t.

See you in the morning….nearly there!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Got up early to use 'free' internet to download some whopper pdfs and to watch a video on using an electronic billing system ('free' here means it doesn't count against our data allowance). I hate these electronic systems. They're all very similar but just slightly different. And lots of my clients specify a particular one. So I waste a lot of time working out how each one works. Very tedious.

Busy day ahead with a bit of work and tidying. Also got to go and pick up some deliveries and visit the butcher for our Christmas duck. The last Christmas we'll be buying from her. She's probably been open in the village for nigh-on forty years. It'll be a sad day for all of us when she closes at the end of the year.

And now... I'm back off to bed for another hour or so's kip.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning early birds. I'm up and about, just turned up the heating and am sneaking back for an hour or two. No frost this morning though.

Comment

• Morning all. It's a bit misty here today.
                                There's a surprise visitor in the Gardener's Rest this morning
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X