This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin gf….I wondered who was clattering around in the kitchen - was that you or MH humming? My dad was a great one for humming. You don’t hear people doing that much these days do you?

Chocolate…..chocolate is the remedy for aches and pains!
    It was definitely not me humming. I am totally tone deaf.

On the other matter, chocolate.....of course.....and red wine.

Comment

• morning all,wow mothhawk congratulations to your mom,the smiles are circulating around,realy must put the washing machine on,then go outside,i got plenty to do,as and when,have a lovely day and bgood2yourselves
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning g all.
        No sun this morning and it's looking really dull.
        I must pay a visit to the post office this morning.
        Lots of jobs on the cards today including potting on some zinnia, cosmos and cornflowers.

Cake sounds good Mothhawk so I will have a slice with my elevenses.

The smiles came by ages ago but didnt stay long without the sunshine.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon! How hard could you imagine it would be to buy a basic sweeping brush for the kitchen and a washing line? Mine broke yesterday (with washing on it of course).😥

I went to three shops before I got any sort of washing line and even then it wasn't really the sort I wanted. The traffic was absolutely horrendous and parking a nightmare even though I never actually went into the city centre🤯😬. What I expected to be a twenty, max thirty minute trip turned into a two hour marathon. I don't even know what was holding all the traffic up everywhere other than Sunday drivers venturing out in the week.🙄

I have just had a good rummage through my seed box and I am going to plant some brassica seeds now and achieve zen like calmness.....

Comment

• Afternoon all, thanks for the good wishes for the OH, really means a lot! x

Sending extra special birthday wishes to your mum Moth x
            sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Jay - I really hope your hubby fully recovers following whatever procedures are needed. That was quite a shock to me to hear that as I too prefer to garden without gloves. I send very positive thoughts in your direction - such a worrying time for you and your family x

The rainy forecast doesn’t seem to be here as yet so we’ll be mowing, putting up some heather screening around our water containers and scraping up moss from a flight of granite steps today.
              The electric fence isn’t working as well as it was- it’s covered with algae so that’s going to need pressure hosing too.
              Hopefully a bit more weeding and nattering and eating will be in order!

Our friends leave tomorrow so we’ll head to the coast for the day until they have to check in at the port - so fingers crossed the rain holds off then.

The chooks are settling in although when we left them to put themselves to bed last night they snuggled down all over the place outdoors …so a bit more guidance is clearly needed. And yes…. Four more eggs !

Enjoy your weekend peeps…see ya later…the table is set - brioche rolls , pomelo and muesli this morning. ( the truth being told, although I’m thoroughly enjoying munching my favourite foods, I am - sort of - actually looking forward to dieting again!)
              Help yourselves - every mouthful you eat is one less for me!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We're Care Home visiting later this morning. We still have to do a lateral flow test first so that's my next job. We haven't seen the elderly relative for weeks due to no visiting due to covid cases. I hope she still remembers who we are.

It's very cloudy here and 10°C. In fact it looks generally miserable. I'm hoping it improves this afternoon as I'd like to plant more potatoes.

Comment

• Morning all.
                  Lovely breakfast spread, Nicos, got any yoghurt to go with the muesli? And pots and pots of tea of course.

Chilly north east wind here too, GF, and overcast. Good job there's lots of domestics to do
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope your visit goes OK, GF. Must be a distressing situation all round.

Sounds like you've got a nice day planned, Nicos.

Hope you're doing OK, Rary.

Sunny here this morning but a bit more rain forecast this afternoon. So, a bit of gardening calls. Weeding first and then seeing if I can get anything in the ground. Though night-time temperatures are still surprisingly low, maybe 4 or 5 ºC but no frosts (fingers crossed). Got a bit of work I want to get through too to give me some more time next week so I can get some weeding done before the next significant rains (starting Thursday).

The smiles were in a very jolly mood this morning when they left. I think the smell of toasted hot cross bun rather cheered them on their way after the austerity of the weekday diet.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning, and a grateful thank you, for the kind thoughts, sun is shining but quite blustery this morning, just had a quick look round the greenhouse and this post, before heading over to see my sister, Snoop strange times my overnight temperature in the greenhouse was 8°c and the garden could do with some rain, never ever thought I would think that😏 and Nicos I was thinking of starting a diet, but that's all I will do think on it 😁enjoy your day Folks whatever you do and smile even if it's just for yourself, it will help you feel better
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning g all.
                        The sun is just coming up as the clouds have broken up.

Thanks for the offer of brekkie Nicos but we do a bacon and egg one at the weekend.

GF, hope your card home visit goes well,

Snoop, no sign of the smiles this morning, they must have taken a different route.

Rary, I hope you find your sister improved health wise..

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                          Snoop, no sign of the smiles this morning, they must have taken a different route.
                          I suspect they're spending too long at Nicos's. They looked very guilty when they slunk in last night. I shall have to give them a stern talking-to. Which isn't really what you want to do with smiles, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I suspect they're spending too long at Nicos's. They looked very guilty when they slunk in last night. I shall have to give them a stern talking-to. Which isn't really what you want to do with smiles, I suppose.
                            Well, I feel I must make excuses for them. It is a long way to travel.
                            You must let them off this time Snoop. 😏

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening it's been fairly cool here today I needed trousers and a jacket to nip to the shop's.

Best part of the day is just now so enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post

Well, I feel I must make excuses for them. It is a long way to travel.
                                You must let them off this time Snoop. 😏
                                Your wish is my command.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X