Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all and thanks for your best wishes. Bramble you and your sister are in my thoughts!
    Some good news here, OH was taken to another hospital for his op so I’m able to visit!!! He is much happier in himself now, out of HDU and looking and sounding more like his old self!!
    I’ve been footering around in the garden today, it’s dull but quite warm when working about. It’s made a nice change.
    Have a lovely day everyone. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Fantastic news there Jay - both you, bramble and rary have been a lot in my thoughts recently. It makes me more grateful for my ‘simple’ stresses in life. xx

Give your OH a hug from us will ya?
      I know he doesn’t know us but it’s just another excuse for you to give him a snuggle
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• As soon as I’m allowed I’ll do that Nicos…limited to fist bumps at the moment…but only if I use alcohol gel!!!
        sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^ can’t you offer to gargle with it or something?!

Comment

• Evening all. A productive day at the allotment. As I was cutting back blackberries, among other jobs, I took Jay's advice and put gloves on to avoid scratches. The bonus......I came home with clean hands.....
            mucky feet, but clean hands.

I hope everybody's health keeps improving. Bramble and Jay I'm thinking of you. I suppose fist bumps are better than nothing Jay, any human contact is better than none.

Have a good night all.

Comment

• Good night all.
              Jay, delighted to hear things are becoming easier for you and your Mr. Jay.
              I would settle for fist bumps, havnt seen or spoken to my sister since the end of February.

It was a lovely sunny day so we made the most of it by a walk in the park an evening in the garden.
              Good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Looks like being warm and sunny today. A good day to check the bees, see if they need more room. I intend planting out the runner beans and CFBs today, also some lupins that are outgrowing their little pots. Thinning the autumn raspberry canes is on the list too, each plant throws up too many shoots for the space they occupy. It's no-mow May so I won't be cutting the grass

Have a lovely day all.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like another day to spend in the garden, it will be a mix of repotting, planting out, removing a dead clematis and digging out dandelions.

That's good news about Mr Jay xx
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good moaning!

I have just spent over an hour trying to get through to the doctor's surgery to try and organise some physiotherapy for Mr GF. If he is going to keep falling over I have to find a way for him to get back to his feet as I am just not strong enough to lift him.

Eventually I actually got through, got down the queue and talked to a real live receptionist. The physiotherapist based at the surgery is going to call us back this morning. He really helped with my frozen shoulder a few years ago so I am hopeful........

It's quite windy but mild and overcast so hopefully more strimming, weeding and cutting back of the invasive brambles. Mr GF does love blackberry jelly though, so not too far back. It was only a few years ago he was encouraging them to spread. Grrrrrrr!

Not sure what else is happening today. I'll try not to work too hard😆😴

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news, Jay22. Bet he'll be pleased to see you too. Good luck with the physio, GF.

Had a good early start and managed to get a bit of land clearance done before it got to hot to be doing hard labour. At long last, planted out the rest of my potatoes. Some French beans and lettuce to go in once I've had some coffee. And then a bit of piling on of muck down in the fields. More of the same later in the day. Mr Snoop is going to get the petrol strimmer out and deal with some stuff that the battery one might have a hard time with. That said, the battery strimmer gets a big thumbs up from me. Oh, and seed sowing. Got a whole heap of herb seeds to sow. I bought an Ottolenghi recipe book. What an enormous amount of herbs I'm going to need by the look of it.

In theory I'm on holiday this week, but I've still got some work I can get through in my own good time rather than people constantly sending me supposedly urgent stuff. So all good. Might even go for an afternoon eyelid inspection. Which reminds me to send a special hello to Rary. Hope you're doing OK.

Not sure when the smiles left as for once I was up and out before them. Hope they've been behaving themselves round at yours.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Looks like it’s going to be a hot one here too today.
                        At 6am there was a really thick, heavy mist but the sun has seen that off.

More domestics today but I will make sure I spend some time outside. We have two new BBQs needing putting together so maybe that will be something I can do.

Not feeling very motivated today so I need someone to give me a good talking to ….any offers?

First a brew….

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          It's just starting to rain here and it looks likely to be here for a while.
                          So, it's a case of donestics on the list.

Jay, glad things are improving for you.

Hope your husband gets some benefit from the physio GF.

Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine if you're lucky enough to have it.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• The doctor actually rang back, not the physio and are referring Mr GF to the "my therapy" team again. They are the ones who organised grab rails in the shower a couple of months ago and do physio as well....so hopefully they'll help.

I went to get strawberries and raspberries out of the freezer to put in the milk jelly I'm making. The bag that I thought had strawberries in turned out to be cherry tomatoes that I had oven roasted and frozen last year. I thought I had used them all so that was a pleasant surprise. I did find fruit when I dug a bit deeper though.

I thought it was snowing when I glanced out a while ago. It was actually vast amounts of blossom blowing off a neighbour's tree.

Well off to the allotment shortly.

Comment

• Te he gf !

I defrosted some apricots for a crumble a few years ago….turned out to be yellow tomatoes!

glad to hear your OH is being well looked after by his ‘team’.

I’m still beavering away indoors … I’ve just had a delivery of an order we placed on Thursday evening….from Australia! How’s that for efficiency!
                              It does make you wonder why things ordered from 50 miles away can take 3 weeks or more though.

Anyone care to join me in having a brew before I start ironing? I think I have some ginger nuts somewhere…..

Comment

• afternoon all,belated happy anniversary Mr Mrs nicos,pleased for you ref your husband Jay,Bramble and Rory are still in my thoughts.
                                The sun is not so nice as yesterday,managed with care,to get some beans in the ground,easy does it,I still seem to have mislaid my old mojo,or has someone else borrowed it,GF when Mr kept falling,he was sent to the falls clinic,as for helpfull or not,depends on the patient,other wise it's phone a friend,I really hope he can manage to cope ,you must not try yourself,as you need all you can so you can function,sounds like you got a helpful hand bag,treasure it's your best friend,I have a tape measure,spare batteries for the ears,in mine at present a girl has to be prepared,just like any good boy scout,snoop I inspected my eyelids this morning,cannot remember what they doing,must have gone sleep ,at least my washing is done,and the place tidy for now,feel like another shut eye,any how thanks for the smiles,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X