Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I'm already thinking about what we might have at the weekend. Hot crossless buns are on the breakfast menu. Terrible, isn't it.

Comment

• Crossless buns? love it!…so long as they have lashings of butter!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post

Bren, just wondering if you're considering leaving your tomatoes overnight in the greenhouse yet.
        I dont seem to have anyone to compare with this year?
        Not tonight Bramble they've given lows of 6c but it does get higher after the weekend so probably then.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, a funny day today and don't mean ha ha, I just couldn't motivate myself, I've done a bit of brushing up tided the hut a it, moved some stuff from one corner to another🙄 collected one of the grandsons from his work, put some, air into granddaughter's tyres, who by the way turned up just as I was preparing the tea so finished up feeding her as well then mixed some compost for my baskets and potting on, wasn't over at sisters but hope to be able to visit again tomorrow, also hope to have a bit more go in me tomorrow, however think I will go and anoy OH she is watching some program on TV and if I start talking to her she has to pause the TV ​​​​​​. Enjoy your day tomorrow and keep safe and keep smiling. Goodnight
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Not tonight Bramble they've given lows of 6c but it does get higher after the weekend so probably then.
            A quick P.S. I took the plunge and left them out tonight. The forecast was for a low of 10 but now saying a lowof 9.
            I have covered them with 4 layers of fleece, so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks Bren.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Crossless buns? love it!…so long as they have lashings of butter!
              Salted butter. And marmalade if the bun is toasted. I think it might be the National Trust recipe that I used in the end. Really generous with the fruit and spice and totally yummy.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-05-2022, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Right, new post so I stop thinking about food.

Morning all.

Been awake for hours pondering on blessings and travails. The overall balance is positive, I'd say. The smiles headed out in a good mood once I'd totted everything up, so should be with you soon if not already. In fact, they're probably jollier than I am at the moment, as I'm really tired now and could do with a bit more sleep.

Had some frustrations yesterday, trying to sort out supposed attempted deliveries from online suppliers where no attempt was made. In my case, as the deliveries go to local shops and the petrol station and the attempts were recorded during open hours, it's plain to the suppliers that the delivery man is fibbing. And another online banking mess, and again not of my making. Oh and PayPal too. But... some very good things happened as well. So, despite my whinging I've got nothing to complain about overall.

Really busy day today, but I've managed to reorganise work (otherwise known as putting things off...) so I can do some weeding. The ground conditions are perfect for it and I reckon I could clear quite a large area today in not quite next to no time but still, not long. A lot of the brassicas I left to flower for the bees are starting to come to an end, so time to whip them out. Along with a lot of mallow plants that have sprung up. I've learned a lesson: definitely put down compost/muck in the autumn if I have it, as the weed problem will be more than halved.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’m hoping to get out clearing land too today. Just need to move things back into the second bedroom as the floor is now down and looking fantastic.
                  Also need to keep a look out for my new car battery - we often get the same problem as Snoop with delivery drivers .

How were your plants bramble?

Best shake a leg….I can here the garden calling!….
                  Kettles boiled- help yourselves….
                  Last edited by Nicos; 05-05-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Morning all, just popping in to say hi. We’ve had a rotten couple of weeks. OH still in hospital, the infection he had became sepsis which damaged his heart valve. He had valve replacement surgery but now they’ve decided he needs a pacemaker too. It has been horrendous so I say again…wear gloves when gardening!! A simple cut can lead to this.
                    Anyhoo, hope you are all well, off for a quick catch up. See you all later. X
                    sigpic

Comment

• Jay, how awful! I hope things improve for you soon.

The sun is out this morning. What a difference it makes.

The allotment is calling - shouting even.

Another cup of coffee first though.

Comment

• Oh gosh Jay….that is absolutely heart wrenching news. You must be beside yourself with worry
                        Thank goodness for modern medicine
                        Sending as many positive thoughts as possible in your direction. It sounds like your hubby is a fighter….keep strong yourself lass xx

Comment

• Jay, how awful for you, and your hubby to go through this.
                          It's a lesson to us all.pStay strong and sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Good morning all. Dull and grey but 12 degs and no rain forecast.

My tomatoes are alive and well and seem to have survived, (sigh of relief)
                          Domestics today and then looking after my grandson this evening.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Doing well so far. I got my new kettle, then remembered it was polling day, so we went and voted. The rule in our house is " If you don't vote, you're not allowed to moan about politicians"...... and Mr GF likes to moan about politicians....... constantly! Off to the allotment now, at last.

Comment

• Thanks everyone, appreciate all your kind thoughts very much. x
                              sigpic

Comment

• HI all,oh Jay,my thoughts are with you both,fingers crossed x ,have been invited for a family sleep over again in the caravan,fresh air and countryside,tomoz,will be good,it is lovely to feel wanted,it feels special when all 4 generations are together,have a good evening all
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X