Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This morning the chance of rain was 7%. When I had washed Mr GF's yoghurt infused clothing and the cushion covers etc I thought that that was good odds for putting the washing out to dry. WRONG! It got soaked and is still dangling damply on the line.

This afternoon I decided to visit my husband's elderly relatives care home. He stayed in the car. As there is no longer a pre-requisite of a covid test before a visit I was able to take her a birthday present (nightdresses) and spend a pleasant half an hour with her which I am sure she appreciated. It is so sad to see a person who was not so long ago such an independent (and sometimes belligerent) woman in her present condition.

There really are some things in end of life care that need change .... and quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Afternoon

Lottie good idea for a ‘how to thread’ will sort one out next time I’m on my PC.

Bramble every flu jab leaves me with arm ache usually lasting 3-4 days. MrP never has a problem so i feel a bit of a wuss. never mind we can’t all be the same.
      Bren, had my jab early this afternoon.
      No sore arm or any discomfort.
      It just affects us all differently.
      So,long as it protects us is all that matters. 😃

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• late evening all,thank you Bren,LD wonders how long before snow arrives,we seem to be having more really colder days now,i have picked most of the squash now,next job is go round and rip out the half dead foliage,and make it look tidier,most of the poly stuff is still going,just needs a tidy up,well bedtime calls,sweet dreams
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Grey, miserable, and drizzling here which is NOT the forecast for this morning. The aroma of baking bread lured me out of bed as I set the breadmaker off on the timer last night and it's nearly ready now. I feel like a "Bisto kid" following the smell.

LD I can't even consider the thought of snow yet. The earliest I've known us get a proper snowfall was November 5th. I can remember the date for obvious reasons but not the year......in the eighties? I know we spent most of the evening in the pub instead of the park.

I texted my sister yesterday to tell her I'd taken Basil cuttings and they'd rooted. She had done the same thing "by accident".... She had entered a vase of herbs in the agricultural show a few weeks ago and then brought them home and dumped the vase on her kitchen windowsill only to notice roots a couple of weeks later.

I'm taking Mr GF and his brother for their flu jabs tomorrow morning. I'd originally thought it would be easier to take them both together, now I'm not so sure. I've also just had a text reminder for my covid booster on Sunday.

Another coffee I think....

Comment

• Morning

It was foggy here first thing then it cleared by 8ish looks like rain all afternoon, so I'll save baking and apple juicing till then.

My Covid boosters next Wednesday at the Doctors only a 5 min walk away, not like the one that came up on the NHS site that was miles away. Even nearest walk-in offered was 14 miles away. so I was glad I hung on for the surgery to text me.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, been AWOL for a bit. Went down south to babysit for a few days, arrived on the Saturday afternoon and ended up in A&E on Saturday and Sunday night. Long story short, OH ended up on crutches with a badly sprained ankle, was told it would have been better if he’d broken it!
              3 weeks down the line, we are home but he is still hobbling about on it.
              it’s been one thing after the other here.
              Hope you are all well. Weather has taken a turn for the worse here…high winds and rain, hope it’s not here for long!
              Anyhoo, enjoy your day folks, whatever you have planned. Catch you later. x
              sigpic

Comment

• Good morning everyone,ooohhhh Jay,you are not having a good time of it again,sorry to hear about it,sending you good wishes,along with some better weather from the west midlands,i am up late again,still welcoming the day,then i have to go out,one of them must do things,have a good day all and remember Bgood2yourselves
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon all from a very wet and windy Dublin.
                  Out this morni g to have my hair done and now glad to be home.

Jay, so sorry to hear your OH bad news, it's really not been his year.
                  Hope he is back on his feet soon again.

Just thinking to myself, we will all be like pin cushions if this keeps up.
                  We really need a sense of humour.

Have a good afternoon all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Your OH really has been in the wars this year, Jay. A friend of mine was told exactly the same thing about sprains and breaks. Hope your partner makes a quick recovery.

Lots of clouds gathering this afternoon. Not sure if LD has been conjuring them, what with all the talk of snow. No rain forecast, but the sky is looking very ominous.

Had quite a productive morning, but no work done... Mr Snoop pleased as punch to be able to give the chocolate and orange brioches to folk in town. The trial run was very useful (and delicious), as today I made them much smaller than recipe suggested. The smiles hung around while they were being made but shot off in hot pursuit of Mr Snoop when he left to deliver them, so I'm guessing they were a bit late in doing the rounds today.

Also got two loaves of bread on the go, but they don't seem keen to rise. Right amount of yeast, but it is quite chilly in the kitchen today, so maybe that accounts for it.

Better try and do something useful this afternoon, rather than just baking. No good pretending I'm retired when I'm not...

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Comment

• snoop,i would not do such a thing to my fellow grapes,my cloud is a special one,just me,i am waitig to see if that silver lining is real,and if it turnes into a bright sunshine,i will share more when i know more,there you now have it,LD is hopefully moving on,we now have the rain,had to put the heating back on,tomorrow my car is having it's MOT,it should be fine,as i not go far in it,son is taking it for me,my silly fingers keep hitting the wrong things
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 30-09-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Good evening, I was a bit busy yesterday, had been out at the greenhouse yesterday when I got an sos from my daughter-in-law, a friend had called her to see if son was in as he needed help as he had fallen, she thought it was from a ladder, so OH who got the phone call first didn't miss the opportunity to emphasise a young man falling off a ladder, as she always cracks up when I go up a ladder, any way went up and finished up having to take the fellow to hospital after that I took the dogs for a walk then some redding up of the flower beds, the just so busy, sounds good but actually just forgot to post​​​​​​
                        Today has been wild, but we did manage to get out to a GC for a coffee, then spent the afternoon waiting for a couple of folk coming to give quotes for a new boiler for the church hall, only to discover I need to get an industrial installer, really upset at that, I could have been in the house getting on with the housework a however I suppose it falls into category of why do it today when it can be put off till tomorrow oh and the young man who had fallen, fell from his loft, as I pointed out to OH, had he been on a ladder he wouldn't have fallen😏😊
                        Well enjoy your weekend keep safe and pass on some smiles
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

It's the 1st of October that has come around quick

Jay your OH hasn't had a good year at all, hopefully he'll recover without any lasting effects.

Lots of rain yesterday so the gardens had a good soaking, and all water butts are full.

A bit of shopping today then the days all mine.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I could see the sun peeping through the curtains when I awoke. It didn't last long though, back to drizzle again now. I think we had a cloud burst yesterday afternoon though and some of the drops looked decidedly sleety for a while.

I have already taken Mr GF and his brother to the doctor's surgery and they've had their flu jabs. It will be Mr GF's turn to moan about a sore shoulder tonight no doubt. Somebody had managed to drive their car up the steepest grass banking imaginable, on the edge of the car park. I really couldn't imagine how or why. Evidently they hit the wrong pedal....they must have stamped on it.

Jay I hope your OH feels better soon.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,GF it is a good job it was there,and not in a built up area,also luck about the park,the mind boggles,hope MR arm is not to bad or him,still waiting for my car to come back,granddaughter is bringing it for me,it feels much warmer so far today,but as the sun goes down it will be heating on for a couple of hours,right back to domestics,have a good afternoon everyone

Comment

• Wet and cold today, just typical, the temperature has dropped quite a bit on the day that the price for heating increased, I can think of a way to keep warm, but don't think OH will agree with me​​​​​​, was out and checked the greenhouse and shelter to make sure no damage was done with the high winds, tomorrow I think I will clear 5he to​​​​​​matoes and cucumbers out need to go son and family have just dropped in with som e fish s​​​​​​uppers
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X