This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dull and overcast here.
    Grandaughter coming in for lunch.today as she is now in college.
    Out this for dinner tonight with friends celebrating an 80 birthday.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• The sun has disappeared now and it feels quite chilly.....says she who went out earlier in a thin shirt and is still running around in Summer sandals. I'm not ready to accept Winter yet.

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself having been to the doctor's surgery, shopped and then sorted out some paperwork including renewing the car insurance.

Next job, get some braising steak in the slow cooker.

Comment

• Good morning all and where is everyone.
        Dull and grey but its dry.
        Packing for me today and then a tidy up of the house .
        Changing over to winter bedding so we wont freeze when we get home.
        A visit to the post office and the library shortly.
        Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. I don't know where this morning has gone. I seem to have accomplished nothing so far.

We're off to do the grory hop next as the fridge is looking decidedly empty and my shopping list is long.

It is grey and miserable here with 87% chance of rain. It actually looks like rain.

I'll catch up later.

Comment

• Afternoon, a very wet night and it’s still raining. Dark too, we have the lights on!!
            Nothing much to report just domestics today.
            Have a great day everyone.
            sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,we are a bit thin on the ground in here,hope your all well,i am actually trying to sort my dump it cupboard ot,it never gone done since moving in,i need the space to work better,and store more, things,as well as hang coats up,it just takes longer to do these days,i am slowly trying to organise the home to what i want,things in a place,and a place for most things,if not it in the what used to be a garage/workshop,all helps me to feel more settled,plus i want to have things sorted before, what i hope will be my new interest pays me a visit ,we getting on very well chatting ,rest time over back to it,as the contents are all in my way,and make for danger tripping up,Bgood to yourselves and stay safe
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• The fridge is full again I'm happy to say. While zapping round the supermarket a woman accosted me to ask advice on cooking braising steak in a slow cooker and what to cook with it. As this is what I cooked yesterday I just told her what I'd done, with Mr GF telling her it was wonderful. She says she's going to do the same tomorrow. I was wondering out loud why the woman picked me to ask. Mr GF just looked in my trolley and commented that we didn't have a trolley full of ready meals and tins just fresh foods so she probably assumed that we cooked from scratch. In fact as this was before I hit the wine and chocolate aisles we probably even looked quite healthy eaters.

I'm happy to have tracked my hairdresser down and booked an appointment for next week. I just hope that I can resist attacking my fringe until then.

Although it's still cold and grey we haven't had any rain yet.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I sometimes wonder what people make of our shopping trolley. As we buy next to no veg and I get meat from a local butcher's, our big shop looks very unhealthy. We went out today to sort out a mobile phone contract and went to two shops. In one I did admittedly buy a lot of fruit, as it was much cheaper than in our local shops. But in the other, it was mostly dairy stuff. Must have looked like we eat cheese with cheese plus a bit of cheese on the side with yogurt for afters.

Anyway, Mr Snoop has done very well for himself on his birthday today. Not only did he get a new phone (lost his old one) but we also signed up for a mobile contract with fibre optic for the little house in the village. He's been campaigning for that for a while now. I must admit, it does seem cheap. Don't suppose I'll see him much now, though, as he'll be in the village more than here.

Good luck with your fringe and hairdresser, GF. My hair is falling out like mad at the moment. Not sure if it's the time of year or the time of life but it is quite shocking. Fingers crossed I get to keep what's left.

And good luck to you, LD, with all your tidying and organising. Bet the smiles have been getting in the way recently.

Your post, Jay, made me look at our weather forecast. Some rain forecast from Thursday onwards. Fingers crossed. My mum was complaining about the cold where she is, so I went and looked at our thermometer. 28 ºC at about 4 pm. Even the night-time temps have gone right back up, which is very annoying now the peppers have given up the ghost. Ah well...

Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon

We have rain it’s just started but it’s in for the rest of the day.
                    Not achieved much here today mostly harvesting, juicing and making cucumber/courgette pickles.
                    I’m sure a lot of us here on the vine have shopping trolleys that are lacking veg and fruit. This time of year mine seems to have lots of sugar and cider vinegar.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, like Jay, wet overnight and rain lasted till about one, took OH for a shopping, did buy some sugar and grape juice mix, 🤔 yes I am sure sugar is in the bottle ​ I will let you know, sometime ​not much done garden wise, once we came back home we had some soup for lunch, OH made it yesterday and shortly after it was made oldest grandson phoned asking if we had any soup made so he dropped in on his way home from work to collect some, then this morning granddaughter phoned asking if we had any soup left, so the big pot that OH had made with the intention of freezing has gone​, fortunately I managed to get 2 bowls of it. Enjoy your evening and those with the good weather, consider yourself fortunate as its getting cold here tonight, I will need to go and cuddle up with OH to keep her warm, just hope she behaves herself remember to pass on some smiles. Goodnight ​​​​​​​
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hi all!
                        Just popping in to say hi and that I’m home again. Not had much of a chance to do anything today apart from unpacking and washing.
                        Hope everyone is ok?
                        I did happen to spot that it’s Mr Snoop’s burpday today…happy burpday Mr Snoop!

See you tomorrow peeps….
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good night all.
                          Welcome back Nivos.
                          Sorry Snoop, missed the fact that your OH had a birthday today., hope it was a good one.
                          Well, we are all,packed and ready to hit the airport in the morning.
                          See you on the other side please God.
                          Have a good night all , its lashing rain here.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Welcome back Nicos and we’ll see you once you’re from under that laundry pile.
                            And a safe journey Bramble

bedtime for me.

Comment

• Morning all, and welcome home, Nicos.
                              Hugely windy here and quite mild.

I'm taking my mum for a haircut today, it will be difficult as she insists on walking from the parking to the salon and really she is so doddery she needs to be in her wheelchair. I always take the chair but can never get her to use it. It's only about 70 yards if I manage to snaffle one of the disabled parking spaces, but even so my heart is in my mouth all the way.

Right, well, time for a cuppa.
                              Last edited by mothhawk; 05-10-2022, 06:15 AM.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Its wet and windy here .as well mothhawk I hope you get a good parking spot its not the sort of day to be out and about if your unsteady on your feet.

Its my Covid jab this afternoon, so I won't need to venture out the front door till then, just a few gardening things I want to do today but they're in the GH.

enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X