This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Overcast but mild again.

I did a test run with spare circular needles using hot water, and they uncurled nicely. So I took Bren's advice about transferring the stitches, and transferred them to the uncurled needle so I could uncurl the one I was using. Then I had a flash of realisation - instead of having to transfer the stitches back again, I could simply knit them off the spare needles - brilliant! So, job done, and knitting much easier now

Before and after pics
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230213_075238.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	2557770 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230213_075825.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	2557771
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Cold sunny start - I’m hoping to do a bit more pottering in the garden ( preferably in the sunny parts!)

I was thinking of doing a quick grory hop as we have very little fresh produce left but the car is going in for it’s MOT on Thursday so we’ll leave it til then to save petrol. There will be more choice in the town.
      Looks like more freezer diving will be needed until then - which can only be a good thing!

Enjoy your day peeps…
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cold and grey here again. A miserable 5°C. I don't know if we had a frost as I slept until I heard the timer going off to let me know that the breadmaker had done it's job and the bread was ready.

I think a care home visit this afternoon. Other than that nothing definite.

Comment

• Nice one MH!…that’s a relief!

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
            I did a test run with spare circular needles using hot water, and they uncurled nicely. So I took Bren's advice about transferring the stitches, and transferred them to the uncurled needle so I could uncurl the one I was using. Then I had a flash of realisation - instead of having to transfer the stitches back again, I could simply knit them off the spare needles - brilliant! So, job done, and knitting much easier now
            Glad you're sorted MH it must have been frustrating trying to knit with those needles.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              A grey start to the day but its 7 degs.
              We need empty the conservatory today.
              We are having a new roof put on and the workmen will be arriving at 8 o'clock in the morning,
              So that is our day spoken for.
              Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Glad the knitting is sorted. Pretty pleased with myself this morning, got Wordle on the second go! Hope the rest of today goes as well. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Well done on the Wordle, Flo, I get it a lot on three, but I've never achieved it in two goes.
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• More luck than skill MH!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon.
                      Just stopped for a cuppa and a Wordle.
                      Finished clearing the conservatory, taken down the blinds and dragged the settee suiteinto the sitting room.
                      All ready for an early start in the morning.
                      I have even made a beef casserole to keep up their strength,
                      Lovely funny day here hope others are enjoying it,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's misty murky outside this morning so I've been pottering around inside doing nothing much. I had an amaryllis for Christmas that came with a heavy glass jar and stones to grow it in water like a hyacinth. It had beautiful deep red flowers but now it's finished so I've taken it out of the jar and potted it up. The bulb feels rather soft and I wish I'd put it in compost in the first place. I hope it thrives as I really like the colour and want to keep it. I've a few others of nondescript colour that I could quite happily oust to make room for it

I need to go to the library today, and I'll pop into the butchers while I'm there to get some local eggs. They are so much fresher than supermarket ones.

Checked my bees yesterday and happy to find they are thriving and still seem to have plenty of stores to tide them over till the weather warms up.

Another cuppa anybody?
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning n’alln’all

oooo yes please MH…I’d love another cuppa! Ta muchly. Which mugs are you using today?

I woke up to sunshine and a heavy frost . Very pretty.

Yesterday I started on weeding the gravel path next to the patio…then decided to cut back an extremely overgrown winter flowering jasmine which has spread horizontally. It’s rooted everywhere so I think it’s going to be a matter of digging most of it out and replanting elsewhere, then recreating the border. Funny how a couple of hours of a project runs into a few days

Most of today will be taken up talking that job, but also preparing something special to eat for tonight.
                          So…..Happy Valentines Day to all our lovely Grapes! Go on …remember to spoil yourselves today ( why not eh?)

Enjoy your day peeps.
                          Those smiles must be busy….they’ve not made an appearance yet

Comment

• Good morning all.

Freezing and foggy here, 0°C. I don't intend going anywhere until the car thaws out.

I was wide awake at 6am after having a night of weird dreams, including shooting a rattlesnake with an air rifle. However, it was a tad chilly, so I turned the thermostat up and decided to have another quarter of an hour while things warmed up......2 hours later I woke up again.

We went to visit the in-law in the care home yesterday afternoon. It is heartbreaking to see her as she is now. I always feel so guilty. At least she knew who we were.

I'm going to do a grory hop later. I've just rung my brother-in-law to see if he wants to come with us, or if he wants anything getting, but he's not sure yet if his cleaner is coming today so I'll ring him back at lunchtime before we set off to see what he wants to do.

I was late feeding the birds this morning but after I had put food out it took the little male robin under a minute to appear and a couple of blackbirds were right behind him.

Off to make more coffee now....

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope the conservatory roof goes well, bramble. Bet they'll appreciate the stew.

Glad you got the needles sorted, mothhawk, and that your bees are doing well.

Overnight low in the corral of just minus 5.1. Hazy cloud up top and very chilly out still. Daytime temps due to rise a bit towards the end of the week.

Plenty to keep me busy indoors meanwhile. More work coming in than I'm sending out. So I need to get my skates on, that's for sure.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                I was up with the lark this morning, wouldnt wnt to do it very day,
                                The guys arrived before 8 and have the old roof down already.
                                I am off to my linedancing so hubby is in charge.
                                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...